Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tommy Robinson 'Disappears': Free Speech in England Is Dead
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Tommy Robinson 'Disappears': Free Speech in England Is Dead (Read 116 times)
Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Tommy Robinson 'Disappears': Free Speech in England Is Dead
Reply #10 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
In the states anyone can sue for anything. Contingency attys make a living off this. Most often, even if you are right, it costs more to fight than settle. As I understand it in England, if u lose you pay the other sides fees.

That’s pretty much it.

On balance a good thing but maybe a little against ideas of equal access to law.

As a 19th C judge said, “The doors of British justice are open to all; just like the doors of the Ritz hotel”. 

I may prefer your model. Better lots of silly cases than no justice for the wronged.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative3

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO
U?

Reply #11 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
I've been bemused by all these Tony Robinson threads. I had no idea who or what he was.

So I got google on him and the Wikipedia article seems to have a lot of objective info.

Based on that, I'd say the guy is quite the loser. He's constantly pushing the limits of the law and winds up serving time as a result. He was convicted of fraud on a mortgage application. The laws in Britain regarding reporting on trials are much more strict than they are here in the USA. But he breaks them anyway, and then when educated about the negative effects of his behavior, apologizes, serves his time, and then when he gets out he does it all over again.

A bit of an attention whore.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
And yet... there really are problematic questions about some elements of Islam here.

I think he’s become more nuanced but is handicapped by his need to keep a certain profile and by his personal limitations.

A few more IQ points and he’d be a very useful player on the national stage.

Sadly he misses this and assists both militant Islamists and their apologists outside Islam.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Tommy Robinson 'Disappears': Free Speech in England Is Dead

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules