Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Summit: What are your expectations?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Summit: What are your expectations? (Read 418 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: The Summit: What are your expectations?
Reply #20 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
At g7 trump had nothing to lose. He is on the right side of the issue. When he proposed no tariffs you could see the other leaders were caught. Very embarrassing. Especially for Trudeau. Weak leader, showed ooor intelligence to get set up so easily.

With Kim, trump needs to be more persuasive. Show Kim what a good thing he can do and how it will benefit his legacy. (Kim’s)

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #21 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:10pm:
The Summit: What are your expectations?

Trump will lie about the meeting and then lie about lying..  The next day Rudy will lie to support Trump's lies only to have Trump tweet a new set of lies that go against Rudy's initial lie where he supported Trump's lie about lying about the meeting..

In the mean time Kim.. just like Putin and Iranian Islamic hardliners..  will get exactly what they want..

Rinse and repeat ..

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:36am:
Trump will lie about the meeting and then lie about lying..  The next day Rudy will lie to support Trump's lies only to have Trump tweet a new set of lies that go against Rudy's initial lie where he supported Trump's lie about lying about the meeting..

In the mean time Kim.. just like Putin and Iranian Islamic hardliners..  will get exactly what they want..

Rinse and repeat ..

It’s odd that trump has been on an obama clean up tour. North Korea Russia Iran all far far worse over the 8 year obama reign. They each ran rough shod over obama. Annexed countries, developed nuclear programs further. Etc.

Now trump may have a chance on setting some maybe not all things right or at least moving ina right direction. Why not celebrate that. Or at least hope he is successful.

It’s a shame you are so negative.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #23 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:45am:
It’s a shame you are so negative.

More of a shame that you're so uninformed..  Pity actually ..

You should ask yourself what it would be like to value facts?

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #24 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I hope it ends up with denuclearisation by NK, some kind of route map towards freedom there and I don’t care if it’s a vanity project by Mr. Trump.

NKs leaders must realise their system is finite; they’ll be looking for a way out which preserves their lives at least and their position at best.

Let them have it. Stuff their mouths with gold.

Get peace and freedom. Give Mr. Trump the credit.

Worth it and well played him if any of that happens.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #25 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
I hope it ends up with denuclearisation by NK, some kind of route map towards freedom there and I don’t care if it’s a vanity project by Mr. Trump.

So you don't think he really cares if the US gets nuked?  It's all vanity?

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
So you don't think he really cares if the US gets nuked?  It's all vanity?

I don’t think anyone believes NK is a serious, or even a remotely credible, threat to the US.

Bargains and games; Mr. Trump may come out looking good and that’d be because the Korean people came out well. So good luck to him.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #27 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm:

NKs leaders must realise their system is finite; they’ll be looking for a way out which preserves their lives at least and their position at best.

Let them have it. Stuff their mouths with gold.

Get peace and freedom. Give Mr. Trump the credit.

Worth it and well played him if any of that happens. 

This!

Let the vain dine on their extraordinary abilities and skills, they're so awesome! Just so long as Korea follows the German post Cold War path, humanity is better off.

That's my hope.

As to my cynical realism, I suspect Trump bails almost immediately, claims Kim wasn't serious, and goes for more sanctions.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
At this point, and I mean it with no humor implied ... I'm thinking Dennis Rodman should end up with the Nobel Prize if there's a positive outcome.  He's probably done more heavy lifting than anybody else on the court.  (HAHAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE???)

My expectations for this meeting aren't really existent.  I wasn't "afraid" of Kim throwing nukes around and I'm not afraid he's going to do it in the future either.  Suicide by US President might seem like a good way to go but I don't think Kim is an ideological terrorist.

But I will say one thing ... if Trump comes away with just the same bullshit every other president has "accomplished" it will be a tremendous loss for him.  If he can't prove his "style" is effective and worth putting up with by extracting more from NK than a typical politician, he proves he's everything the left has criticized. 

The stakes are incredibly high for him on this.

And I think it's part of the reason he's being belligerent with the "Western Powers" and pounced on the openings Trudeau keeps giving him. To send a (positive) message to the North Koreans that whatever has gone before is not what lies ahead.  Trump will even protect Kim from the EU and all those western bullies who have been very mean to him and his family in the past!

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #29 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 4:40pm:
I don’t think anyone believes NK is a serious, or even a remotely credible, threat to the US.

Where the devil do you get that idea?  He has nukes and ICBMs.  He's already made threats.  He appears to be a sociopath, he's already killed many of his own people, including high ranking officials and his own family members!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Summit: What are your expectations?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules