Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Giuliani: Comey May Be Prosecuted for Hillary Email Probe
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Giuliani: Comey May Be Prosecuted for Hillary Email Probe (Read 107 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Giuliani: Comey May Be Prosecuted for Hillary Email Probe
Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:44am
Print Post  

By: Eric Mack
10 June 2018

Calling the investigation into potential Trump campaign collusion with Russia a "setup," attorney Rudy Giuliani warned about special counsel Robert Mueller's probe moving too long into the fall and affecting another election.

"Just how long [does Mueller] think he can have this job? It’s supposed to be a temporary one," Giuliani told "The Cats Roundtable" on 970 AM-N.Y. "He should get it done by Sept. 1. I say that because elections are coming up. He shouldn't do a [James] Comey and try to interfere with the elections.

"Comey really has a chance of being prosecuted as a result of it, but we’ll see," he said.

Giuliani was referring to Comey's FBI handling of the Hillary Clinton email server investigation that featured a July 2016 news conference to announce no charges will be sought and a late October news conference reopening the investigation, before another announcement right before the election there were no charges to bring against the Democratic candidate opposing Donald Trump.

"A lot of the agents in the New York office, not from them directly, but from retired agents, that they really believe [Comey] was the worst director in the history of the FBI – certainly the most dishonest," Giuliani told host John Catsimatidis of Comey's memo leaking that led to the special counsel being appointed in May 2017. "So, to try to premise a case on this by Mueller is really unfair. It only comes about because of a group of angry Democrats that are a part of this investigation."

Giuliani, who rebuked the special counsel investigation as "a very unfair, politically driven case," added Comey's misconduct will be revealed through the Justice Department's Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who has a Thursday deadline to release his report on the DOJ's handling of the Clinton case before the election.

"I have known for some time that rank-and-file FBI agents are extremely embarrassed about the conduct of Jim Comey," Giuliani said. "I think the report of Horowitz, the IG, and the Justice Department will confirm that Comey acted improperly with regard to the Hillary Clinton investigation, as well as the Trump investigation."

MORE>https://www.newsmax.com/politics/rudy-giuliani-russia-probe-mueller-should-wrap-...

IP Logged

Luther
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Giuliani: Comey May Be Prosecuted for Hillary Email Probe
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:47am
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:44am:

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax/files/f5/f5c0ae95-a329-435e-b067-170179780493.jp...

By: Eric Mack
10 June 2018

Calling the investigation into potential Trump campaign collusion with Russia a "setup," attorney Rudy Giuliani warned about special counsel Robert Mueller's probe moving too long into the fall and affecting another election.

"Just how long [does Mueller] think he can have this job? It’s supposed to be a temporary one," Giuliani told "The Cats Roundtable" on 970 AM-N.Y. "He should get it done by Sept. 1. I say that because elections are coming up. He shouldn't do a [James] Comey and try to interfere with the elections.

"Comey really has a chance of being prosecuted as a result of it, but we’ll see," he said.

Giuliani was referring to Comey's FBI handling of the Hillary Clinton email server investigation that featured a July 2016 news conference to announce no charges will be sought and a late October news conference reopening the investigation, before another announcement right before the election there were no charges to bring against the Democratic candidate opposing Donald Trump.

"A lot of the agents in the New York office, not from them directly, but from retired agents, that they really believe [Comey] was the worst director in the history of the FBI – certainly the most dishonest," Giuliani told host John Catsimatidis of Comey's memo leaking that led to the special counsel being appointed in May 2017. "So, to try to premise a case on this by Mueller is really unfair. It only comes about because of a group of angry Democrats that are a part of this investigation."

Giuliani, who rebuked the special counsel investigation as "a very unfair, politically driven case," added Comey's misconduct will be revealed through the Justice Department's Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who has a Thursday deadline to release his report on the DOJ's handling of the Clinton case before the election.

"I have known for some time that rank-and-file FBI agents are extremely embarrassed about the conduct of Jim Comey," Giuliani said. "I think the report of Horowitz, the IG, and the Justice Department will confirm that Comey acted improperly with regard to the Hillary Clinton investigation, as well as the Trump investigation."

MORE>https://www.newsmax.com/politics/rudy-giuliani-russia-probe-mueller-should-wrap-...

Quote:

Comey May Be Prosecuted

I see... Instead of 'will be prosecuted' it's "May be prosecuted" Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 6:47am:
I see... Instead of 'will be prosecuted' it's "May be prosecuted" Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luther, .. What is your problem? -- I have NO way of knowing what Trump or his Justice Dept may decide on doing with regard to James Comey, .. and at the moment, I don't believe Giuliani does either.

Geeze .. Luther, you have some real issues that need help.  Grin

What the hell is wrong with you, besides trying to be clever?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:52am
Print Post  
What is the current spin on Comey's mishandling of the Clinton email investigation?  What did he do wrong?

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:52am:
What is the current spin on Comey's mishandling of the Clinton email investigation?  What did he do wrong?

Never forward his evidence to a grand jury.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 12:18pm:
Never forward his evidence to a grand jury.

Is he obligated to do so?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The FBI revealed Wednesday that it used grand jury subpoenas more broadly than previously known in the course of the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private email account and server.

A top FBI official disclosed in a court filing that grand jury subpoenas were used to try to obtain records not only from Clinton’s account but also from accounts belonging to people she was in contact with.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/13/fbi-clinton-email-probe-subpoenas-2426...

So evidently Comey DID submit evidence to grand juries, and through that DID secure more evidence on Clinton's emails.  So the argument is what -- that he didn't use "enough" grand juries?

Or is the real argument that he didn't indict Clinton at all?  This wasn't just Comey's personal decision -- there was an executive team at the FBI overseeing this, and they all agreed there wasn't enough to prosecute.  Does Giuliani think that entire team should be prosecuted?

And one of Trump's assertions is that the FBI politicized the Russia investigation.  But Trump and his lawyer are threatening to retaliate against career government professionals for not adequately pursuing his political opponents.  How is that not politicizing?

If Trump and Sessions think they have a case against Hillary, why are they not pursuing it right now?  Comey is out of the picture, right?  What grounds would they have accusing Comey of inaction, when they themselves have yet to convene a grand jury to investigate Clintons emails (again)?

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #7 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 9:12pm
Print Post  

well judge nap disagrees.

"Judge Andrew Napolitano said Monday he doesn't believe that former FBI Director James Comey could be prosecuted for how he handled the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

Napolitano said that he doesn't understand Rudy Giuliani's feeling that Comey "has a chance" of being prosecuted.

Giuliani, President Trump's attorney, made the remarks Sunday on New York radio show "The Cat's Roundtable."

"I have been Comey's harshest critic, but I do not believe that judgment rose to the level of criminality," Judge Napolitano said."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/06/11/james-comey-wont-be-prosecuted-handling-hi...

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #8 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Well, it won't be Hillary.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #9 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
If they prosecuted Hillary for keeping an insecure private server in her basement, they'd have to prosecute Trump for keeping one in his pocket.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Giuliani: Comey May Be Prosecuted for Hillary Email Probe

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules