Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A study in blind partisanship: What causes it? (Read 721 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?
Reply #20 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:53am:
As I said I guess we can just call everyone well intentioned then.  Even Nazis.  They have good intentions for the betterment of mankind.  Who cares about the methods taken, amirite?

Well I don't think we can give that same pass to people using violence. They are demonstrating a lack of good intentions for the betterment of others.

It's funny that we are having this discussion as it seems like we might have traded places in our position. I'm supposed to be the natural rights libertarian, remember? lol

Quote:
Sounds like you need to start preaching to the left Wink

I try to here and there but I think I lack credibility in that community. Someone who is "on their side" such as yourself is probably better placed to deliver this message. As an individualist libertarian I am better placed to make this argument to the rightwing.

Quote:
You may be right.  But unfortunately I think all rights and human progress flow from freedom of speech.  And it breaks my heart to admit it but the right seems to be the home for that these days.  The "left" gave up a lot of issues.  Deliberately and with no regrets.  One of those is the defense of free speech.

I don't see a great deal of tolerance for it on either side, to be honest. I do agree with the ideal, though.

Quote:
I know the dictionary definitions.  I wanted to know how you think they apply to the conversation.

Is patriarchy something we need to worry about?  Do we live in a male dominated society in your opinion?

Is white privilege something we need to worry about?  Do we live in a society dominated by white privilege?

Is the SJW worldview a valid worldview?

Queshank

It's hard to say in a simple answer. I think there have been problems with racism and sexism in the past. I think the SJW movement has emerged because of it. But I don't think their worldview is entirely valid even if some of their complaints are. I think it is overly collectivistic.

Specific individuals experience injustice and specific individuals perpetuate it. I don't buy into group guilt or group victimhood.

I think racism is more of a problem than sexism. To say we live in a patriarchy is a stretch in my view. The whole wage gap stuff strikes me as non-sense.

But it is not non-sense to see racism in our prison and justice system, in the war on drugs, in the way minorities are treated by law enforcement, in minimum wage laws and licensing requirements, etc.

2017 ECONOMIST OF THE YEAR, SHOOTERMAN POSTER OF THE YEAR & LNF ALL-STAR TEAM MEMBER

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
One of the weak points of the LNF, in my view, is the high amount of posters who are completely incapable or unwilling to put aside partisanship in their posts. They are essentially shills or lemmings to their side and therefore bring no real value to any discussion.

These shills exist on both sides of the proverbial aisle. On the left, Ulysses and Wadsworth are two obvious examples. On the right, Stu is identically partisan.

This thread is about the psychology of this kind of behavior.

Just two questions:

1. Do you think shills like this actually fully believe what they are saying? Or is it an act?

2. Why do you think they are unable or unwilling to think independently? And which is it: unable or unwilling?

I go by truthful facts. And the problems made or solved by either side. And I go with the side that has made my life more easy and successful, and I see the country thriving along with me.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #22 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:18pm:
I try to here and there but I think I lack credibility in that community. Someone who is "on their side" such as yourself is probably better placed to deliver this message. As an individualist libertarian I am better placed to make this argument to the rightwing.

I think most of the libbies here have pretty much kicked Q to the curb.

But I think both you and Q bring up food for thought for both sides of the aisle. At the very least, you provide discussion that goes beyond the usual partisan stuff that both sides are too often guilty of. We need more of that here, and less stupid threads like "Trump is our Commander in Cheese."

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #23 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 5:23pm:

But I think both you and Q bring up food for thought for both sides of the aisle. At the very least, you provide discussion that goes beyond the usual partisan stuff that both sides are too often guilty of. We need more of that here, and less stupid threads like "Trump is our Commander in Cheese."

I try to. The usual partisan stuff is boring and predictable. Every four years we switch sides and attack the enemy party for doing what our guy just did. Rinse and repeat.

I can't speak for everyone but I know there are many of us who have grown bored with this dance.

It's time to shake things up.

2017 ECONOMIST OF THE YEAR, SHOOTERMAN POSTER OF THE YEAR & LNF ALL-STAR TEAM MEMBER

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #24 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
I try to. The usual partisan stuff is boring and predictable. Every four years we switch sides and attack the enemy party for doing what our guy just did. Rinse and repeat.

I can't speak for everyone but I know there are many of us who have grown bored with this dance.

It's time to shake things up.

I just find it weird. Any person with an ounce of intellectual honesty should be able to recognize - and avoid - such blatant hypocrisy. I mean, it's right there for everyone to see.

Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:23am: "I think a #16 seed will upset a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #25 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
I just find it weird. Any person with an ounce of intellectual honesty should be able to recognize - and avoid - such blatant hypocrisy. I mean, it's right there for everyone to see.

It's often worth marveling at. I don't argue otherwise.

But then I remember that I have the same capacity for confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance. I have the same capacity to ignore the obvious.

And that, my friend, is some downright scary sh*t.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:09pm:

Start another Michelle is a tranny thread, Jas

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Representative3

I REALLY DON'T CARE, DO
U?

Reply #27 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 5:23pm:

Wow, a tranny with absolutely no sense of humor.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #28 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:12pm:
Wow, a tranny with absolutely no sense of humor.

Are you using "tranny" as an insult?

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

I'm tribal

Reply #29 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  

We believe differently. Partisanship, believing as others do that agree with the way we believe, serves a purpose.

There is nothing wrong with partisanship as it is merely agreeing with like minded individuals. Those that say they are nonpartisan agree with others.

This is a silly argument aimed at people that the nonpartisan pretenders disagree with in a partisan manner.

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules