Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A study in blind partisanship: What causes it? (Read 932 times)
Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Re: A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?
Reply #40 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
Harry, why are you doing this?

Why am I telling the truth? Why do you ask?

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #41 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Dude, you're nothing. You cannot support your family. You have no job. You claim the title of Economist, and never worked in the field. You worked on the dock counting boxes, and although that was an honorable job, you either quit or got fired and decided to trade bitcoins.

You're a joke.

Yikes.

Well, I'll tell you what, Hare, the next time I need an ego boost, I know where to go. 

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Don't believe everything
you think.

Reply #42 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:52pm:
Yikes.

Well, I'll tell you what, Hare, the next time I need an ego boost, I know where to go. 

I have no intention of boosting your ego. You claim to be an economist, and are not. You devalue others while claiming superior knowledge which you do not have, while claiming the economist title.

You no longer have a job counting boxes received on a dock that you earlier lauded,and now disdain, and now claim self-employment counting imaginary money.

I'm OK with you being who you are. I'm not OK with you pretending to be an authority that looks down on others from an imaginary highpoint you never achieved.

Achieve, and then look down.

2017 LNF Jerk of the Year

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #43 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:00pm:
I have no intention of boosting your ego. You claim to be an economist, and are not. You devalue others while claiming superior knowledge which you do not have, while claiming the economist title.

When did I claim to be an economist? Who did I devalue?
Quote:
You no longer have a job counting boxes received on a dock that you earlier lauded,and now disdain, and now claim self-employment counting imaginary money.

I'm OK with you being who you are. I'm not OK with you pretending to be an authority that looks down on others from an imaginary highpoint you never achieved.

Achieve, and then look down.

That's bad advice.

We shouldn't be holding anyone up as an authority, certainly not an anarchist. Let the truth lead where it may, nothing sacred.

And success is never good reason to look down on others. If anything, the obligation is to lift them up.

Welcome back to LNF, Harry, I see you haven't lost a bit of your charm.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:40pm by TowardLiberty »  

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #44 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
Harry, why are you doing this?

He's bored and wanting my attention.

But he doesn't realize that I'm proud of where I am in life right now. I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful little girl. I took risks, downsized my bills, paid off my truck and quit my job confident knowing I could replace my income from various investments.

That was almost two years ago, might I add, and I haven't looked back since. I love my life.

I don't feel ashamed. I am actually honored that someone would put so much focus and energy in tearing me down. I must be some prize.

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:45pm by TowardLiberty »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #45 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Yes. That's why I find this topic so interesting.

There are two possibilities here for those who don't see their own hypocrisy: One is they're too stupid to see it. And the other is they actually see it, but refuse to acknowledge it.

I'm not sure which is worse.

Jasmine sure do love her false dichotomies.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #46 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
Oh, we all do. I don't think it's scary. We're just being human.

I make no bones about it: I'm as partisan as they come. But I just do my best to stick to my principles rather than to party politics. In other words, I'm loyal to my beliefs, not political parties. When you do that, I think, it makes things easier.

Yes, I suppose it's easier for you to be blinded by your own set of principles.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #47 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 5:29am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:38pm:
He's bored and wanting my attention. But he doesn't realize that I'm proud of where I am in life right now. I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful little girl. I took risks, downsized my bills, paid off my truck and quit my job confident knowing I could replace my income from various investments.

That was almost two years ago, might I add, and I haven't looked back since. I love my life.

I don't feel ashamed. I am actually honored that someone would put so much focus and energy in tearing me down. I must be some prize.

I don’t understand why Harry attacked you like that. Very uncalled for.

I’m happy for you, TL. It seems you have your priorities straight and a clear vision for taking care of your loved ones. The world needs more people like you.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #48 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:28am
Print Post  
1. Do you think shills like this actually fully believe what they are saying? Or is it an act?

2. Why do you think they are unable or unwilling to think independently? And which is it: unable or unwilling?

I'm still trying to figure out why you call them/us  "shills".

I don't see why you think that they/we need to change our point of view.  Why do you believe that we aren't thinking independently?  Do you think that they/we should think as you do?

I know that you didn't name me for either side, but you also know that I'm pretty well set-in-my ways of Republican thought.  I got that way when I was about 30 y.o. after having spent my 20's as pretty much the liberal thought socially.  Then I discovered that I could keep and follow my liberal-type social views and be a Republican, and I have been that basically up to and including today.  I did make one mistake of voting for a dem Senator years ago, and then found out he was lying, so that was the end of that.

The people on LNF are all very interested in politics and most of us have strong beliefs, no matter which side of the aisle we belong because of those strong beliefs.  I post here because I don't want to ruin my personal friendships with people whose strong political beliefs come from the left side of the aisle.

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Reply #49 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
Dude, you're nothing. You cannot support your family. You have no job. You claim the title of Economist, and never worked in the field. You worked on the dock counting boxes, and although that was an honorable job, you either quit or got fired and decided to trade bitcoins.

You're a joke.

I know this is in another thread, but it's relevant here. You could probably use a psychedelic experience, Harry.

I actually haven't had one in some time. I'm not a regular user.

But this episode, this unwarranted and untrue tirade, is indicative of a person who needs some sort of intervention. A re-assessment of your finite time on this planet.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules