Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A study in blind partisanship: What causes it? (Read 1,086 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?
Reply #60 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:28am:
1. Do you think shills like this actually fully believe what they are saying? Or is it an act?

2. Why do you think they are unable or unwilling to think independently? And which is it: unable or unwilling?

I'm still trying to figure out why you call them/us  "shills".

I don't see why you think that they/we need to change our point of view.  Why do you believe that we aren't thinking independently?  Do you think that they/we should think as you do?

I know that you didn't name me for either side, but you also know that I'm pretty well set-in-my ways of Republican thought.  I got that way when I was about 30 y.o. after having spent my 20's as pretty much the liberal thought socially.  Then I discovered that I could keep and follow my liberal-type social views and be a Republican, and I have been that basically up to and including today.  I did make one mistake of voting for a dem Senator years ago, and then found out he was lying, so that was the end of that.

The people on LNF are all very interested in politics and most of us have strong beliefs, no matter which side of the aisle we belong because of those strong beliefs.  I post here because I don't want to ruin my personal friendships with people whose strong political beliefs come from the left side of the aisle.

No one is saying that you or anyone else needs to change your views. My point is that shills render themselves irrelevant because they expose themselves as nothing more than political hacks. Shills have no credibility because they have no sense of objectivity. They just blindly follow whatever their chosen political party says.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #61 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:18am:
It is hard for Jas to embrace her bigoted attitudes.  Basically, Jas is just a racist that can't admit it.

Waddy, the racism bus should have left the station a long time ago, but people like you are still stuck in drive, and sitting in the back seat.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #62 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:00am:
Thank you, Jaz!

That's a heartfelt complement and I do appreciate it. 

I tried the standard path. It wasn't for me. I'm much happier living the life I am.

The standard path isn't for everyone. In fact, is there really such a thing as a "standard path"? People are different, and we all take different approaches in life. Never let people like Harry make you feel ashamed of your choices in taking care of your family.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #63 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:31pm:
Waddy, the racism bus should have left the station a long time ago, but people like you are still stuck in drive, and sitting in the back seat.

Jas, you are not that pastisan.  You are very racist, however.  The only reason you lean right is because like most racist, that is the party of perference.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #64 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:50pm:
Jas, you are not that pastisan.  You are very racist, however.  The only reason you lean right is because like most racist, that is the party of perference.

Okay, whatever you say, Waddy. I just wanted to get that "back of the bus" line in. Smiley

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #65 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I disagree with a lot of Jasmine's positions but she ain't no partisan and, more importantly, she's honest. Blind partisans aren't honest and suppress/deny the cognitive dissonance. I'm partisan, but try to keep an eye on my blind spots and will readily admit, even welcome, changing a position based on information. The information has to be true though, and not merely spin, which is far too prevalent when it comes to politics.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #66 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
I disagree with a lot of Jasmine's positions but she ain't no partisan and, more importantly, she's honest. Blind partisans aren't honest and suppress/deny the cognitive dissonance. I'm partisan, but try to keep an eye on my blind spots and will readily admit, even welcome, changing a position based on information. The information has to be true though, and not merely spin, which is far too prevalent when it comes to politics. 

I'm much like you, Mojo. I'm partisan (who here isn't?), but I try to be fair and, as you say, "keep an eye on my blind spots." In fact, that was a great way to put it.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #67 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:08pm:

Ahem.

The only time I believed Jasmine is when she agreed that nobody should trust anything she says.

Other than that, this thread shows she's even more arrogant and deluded than Trump.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › A study in blind partisanship: What causes it?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules