Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Legitimacy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Legitimacy? (Read 863 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Legitimacy?
Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 5:47pm:
There is stupid on the left and stupid on the right.  too bad that you only see hypocrisy on just one side.
https://www.facebook.com/RealDLHughley/videos/2433282266714096/
This is about the best video that describes it all.

I don't see hypocrisy on just one side Wadsworth.

It's just for 16 years now here on LNF, and 10 years before it on multiple sites from FidoNet to gaming websites I've been arguing with the right.  The fact that you and others like you dismiss and forget all that for convenience because you don't like what I have to say has spoken volumes to me for the past few years.

For the entire 8 years of Obama's presidency I defended him repeatedly from the same stupid bullshit from the right the left now thinks is justified in throwing at Trump.  I've done my time working on persuading right wingers.  And I've had some success over the years.  In fact I'm now arguing with some of the people I turned into leftists.

It's the left that's a problem now Wadsworth.  You guys ... with your complete disconnect from reality and petulant butthurt refusal to accept the duly elected president of the United States ... after clutching your pearls for months before the election about how the "right" wouldn't accept the results of the election ... are blowing it.

You're blowing it in a big way.  With lasting repercussions for the future of an ideology I've spent more years defending than a millennial has spent alive. 

Do I sometimes think "Ah crappity smack it.  Nothing I can do anyway." and get snarky and mock you guys quite often?  Oh absolutely.  I mean it's only been about 3 years I've been on this crusade.  The fact that you guys seem more deliberately obtuse and ignorant than you did 3 years ago has taken its toll on my respect for you.

But oddly, I haven't changed a single position I hold and have held for over 30 years.  So while you and "the right" might be open to charges of hypocrisy ... at least I'm not. 

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Come on Wad, Q has been up both sides shorts so it's a bit of a stretch to say he is one sided.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:09pm:
I don't see hypocrisy on just one side Wadsworth.

It's just for 16 years now here on LNF, and 10 years before it on multiple sites from FidoNet to gaming websites I've been arguing with the right.  The fact that you and others like you dismiss and forget all that for convenience because you don't like what I have to say has spoken volumes to me for the past few years.

For the entire 8 years of Obama's presidency I defended him repeatedly from the same stupid bullshit from the right the left now thinks is justified in throwing at Trump.  I've done my time working on persuading right wingers.  And I've had some success over the years.  In fact I'm now arguing with some of the people I turned into leftists.

It's the left that's a problem now Wadsworth.  You guys ... with your complete disconnect from reality and petulant butthurt refusal to accept the duly elected president of the United States ... after clutching your pearls for months before the election about how the "right" wouldn't accept the results of the election ... are blowing it.

You're blowing it in a big way.  With lasting repercussions for the future of an ideology I've spent more years defending than a millennial has spent alive. 

Do I sometimes think "Ah crappity smack it.  Nothing I can do anyway." and get snarky and mock you guys quite often?  Oh absolutely.  I mean it's only been about 3 years I've been on this crusade.  The fact that you guys seem more deliberately obtuse and ignorant than you did 3 years ago has taken its toll on my respect for you.

But oddly, I haven't changed a single position I hold and have held for over 30 years.  So while you and "the right" might be open to charges of hypocrisy ... at least I'm not. 

Queshank

It is not the left's problem NOW.  As soon as another democrat president comes into office, it will start again on the other side. It is both sides problem Now and then.  The problem I have with Trump is that he is the most divisive president ever.  He comes back from his meeting with Kim and meets with republicans in congress.  How divisive is that.  The right wing media hooted and Howled when Obama bowed in Japan.  How stupid is that.  If you think the left media is going to act any differently towards Trump than the right media acted towards Obama, then you are expecting way too much from the left.  They are all the same.  Just talking different sides.  Don't expect the left to go high after 8 years of the right going low.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
It is not the left's problem NOW.  As soon as another democrat president comes into office, it will start again on the other side. It is both sides problem Now and then.  The problem I have with Trump is that he is the most divisive president ever.  He comes back from his meeting with Kim and meets with republicans in congress.  How divisive is that.  The right wing media hooted and Howled when Obama bowed in Japan.  How stupid is that.  If you think the left media is going to act any differently towards Trump than the right media acted towards Obama, then you are expecting way too much from the left.  They are all the same.  Just talking different sides.  Don't expect the left to go high after 8 years of the right going low.

And where do Americans go for honesty now?  We have a right wing media and a left wing media.  Where do we go for unvarnished truth?

The left is supposed to be populated by the "smart" people remember?  Remember how much fun we had with Bobby Jindal calling the Republicans the "stupid party?"  Hahaha.  Good times.  I guess they decided they wanted a shot at the "stupid party" title and decided when they were given the opportunity to BE the stupid party.  The left has been mocking and lecturing the middle of the country for my entire life.  The middle of the country says crappity smack off and now they're the divisive ones  Roll Eyes

I think it's debatable Trump is the most divisive president ever.  Can you give me an example of his divisiveness?  I'll bet you without even seeing your example that ground zero of the divisiveness is the shoddy, biased reporting done on the subject.

Queshank

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Spectacular Eric. wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:35pm:
I saw that. I also liked the guy who was raging mad because our flag was positioned next to the North Korean flag.
Suspending military exercises is not a concession as we still have a base in South Korea with over 30,000 troops.

The chances of any of this succeeding is very low. Low enough that there is no need to make up reasons why it has already failed.

I believe the chance of success to be very high. Kim not only pledged to give up his nuclear ambitions, he promised to destroy his means of delivering nuclear force. No one even asked him to do so.

I understand that the left is either unable or unwilling to give Trump a victory here, and I understand the skepticism on the right that this is a victory, but I don't understand how anyone cannot see this as a positive step in the right direction. Kim gained nothing.

Some say he gained legitimacy. Do the Canadians, our bestest buddies that hate our butter now believe him more legitimate? Do the French who believe their wine deserves protection love him now? Did the British grow a, new, stiffer lip in relation to us?

Trump won yet again, and the left, being what they are, cannot, for salvations sake, admit it.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:57pm:
And where do Americans go for honesty now?  We have a right wing media and a left wing media.  Where do we go for unvarnished truth?

The left is supposed to be populated by the "smart" people remember?  Remember how much fun we had with Bobby Jindal calling the Republicans the "stupid party?"  Hahaha.  Good times.  I guess they decided they wanted a shot at the "stupid party" title and decided when they were given the opportunity to BE the stupid party.  The left has been mocking and lecturing the middle of the country for my entire life.  The middle of the country says crappity smack off and now they're the divisive ones  Roll Eyes

I think it's debatable Trump is the most divisive president ever.  Can you give me an example of his divisiveness?  I'll bet you without even seeing your example that ground zero of the divisiveness is the shoddy, biased reporting done on the subject.

Queshank

I gave you an example.  He is meeting with the republican in congress after his meeting with Kim.  Why not meet with all members of congress.  Yes our country and media is divided.  How about having a president and a congress that will unify us instead of divide us.  Leadership counts.

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:14pm:
I gave you an example.  He is meeting with the republican in congress after his meeting with Kim.  Why not meet with all members of congress.  Yes our country and media is divided.  How about having a president and a congress that will unify us instead of divide us.  Leadership counts.

Can you source it?  I've been searching for any news article of any kind referencing this and maybe I'm just using the wrong search words?

Even if he did ... how is that divisive?  A Republican president meeting with Republicans to strategize.  I just can't work myself up about it.  But you seem to be.  Media characterization perhaps?  I'll know once you give me a source to work with Smiley

But is that a world first?

Should I share 700 articles about how Obama was "aloof" and wouldn't meet with Congress ... the People's Representatives ... at all from sources like the New York Times, the Atlantic, and Politico.  How it earned him condemnation even from his fellow Democrats?  Is that divisive?

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:25pm:
Can you source it?  I've been searching for any news article of any kind referencing this and maybe I'm just using the wrong search words?

Even if he did ... how is that divisive?  A Republican president meeting with Republicans to strategize.  I just can't work myself up about it.  But you seem to be.  Media characterization perhaps?  I'll know once you give me a source to work with Smiley

But is that a world first?

Should I share 700 articles about how Obama was "aloof" and wouldn't meet with Congress ... the People's Representatives ... at all from sources like the New York Times, the Atlantic, and Politico.  How it earned him condemnation even from his fellow Democrats?  Is that divisive?

Queshank

'Uhttps://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2018/06/12/upbeat-trump-calls-gop...' Trump calls GOP senators after summit

Obama tried to be Bi-partisan, but the GOP were obstructionist. 

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
I'm genuinely confused what the liberals are yapping about.  North Korea has a terrible human rights record, but so does the United States.  The point of the talks isn't to end human rights abuses but to defuse the risk of nuclear war.  Ten million people dying in a single day - and possibly kicking off the end of the species - is about as massive as human rights abuses can get.

The "legitimacy" argument doesn't make much sense.  Kim is a morally illegitimate leader, being a mass murderer and all, but by that standard, Trump is also illegitimate.  Trump's also a mass murderer.  (Also a sexual predator, very likely a rapist, possibly a pedophile, and mobbed up to his eyeballs.)

Is it that Kim or North Korea doesn't have a legitimate reason to be included among the world's most powerful nations?  Well look, the legitimacy to be counted among the powerful comes from having power, such as the power to kill a few million people in a single day and possibly kick off a species-ending war.  North Korea's in.

I think the wisest thing to do with this summit is to suspend judgment on its success or failure and be delighted that we're going to continue talking.  Jaw-jaw beats bomb-bomb.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:05pm:
I'm genuinely confused what the liberals are yapping about.  North Korea has a terrible human rights record, but so does the United States.  The point of the talks isn't to end human rights abuses but to defuse the risk of nuclear war.  Ten million people dying in a single day - and possibly kicking off the end of the species - is about as massive as human rights abuses can get.

The "legitimacy" argument doesn't make much sense.  Kim is a morally illegitimate leader, being a mass murderer and all, but by that standard, Trump is also illegitimate.  Trump's also a mass murderer.  (Also a sexual predator, very likely a rapist, possibly a pedophile, and mobbed up to his eyeballs.)

Is it that Kim or North Korea doesn't have a legitimate reason to be included among the world's most powerful nations?  Well look, the legitimacy to be counted among the powerful comes from having power, such as the power to kill a few million people in a single day and possibly kick off a species-ending war.  North Korea's in.

I think the wisest thing to do with this summit is to suspend judgment on its success or failure and be delighted that we're going to continue talking.  Jaw-jaw beats bomb-bomb.

You actually had a point before you gave in to your bias.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Legitimacy?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules