Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Legitimacy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Legitimacy? (Read 897 times)
Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Legitimacy?
Reply #20 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:39pm:
'Uhttps://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/politics/2018/06/12/upbeat-trump-calls-gop...' Trump calls GOP senators after summit

Obama tried to be Bi-partisan, but the GOP were obstructionist. 

Did congress vote on the Iran treaty?

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #21 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:08pm:
You actually had a point before you gave in to your bias.

Do something crazy and unusual: make a coherent point.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #22 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:31pm:
Do something crazy and unusual: make a coherent point.

Why is my point not coherent? Do something unusual, and answer.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #23 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:33pm:
Why is my point not coherent? Do something unusual, and answer.

Ah, I get it.  You don't want a discussion; you want attention.  I raised 4 kids; you can wipe your own ass.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #24 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Ah, I get it.  You don't want a discussion; you want attention.  I raised 4 kids; you can wipe your own ass.

Let's discuss. Ask me something.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #25 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:39pm:

Interesting.  That's a one line article.

Here's how CNN characterizes this "meeting."

Vice President Mike Pence met with senators on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, and Trump called into the meeting.

And then in their article they include input and quotes from both Republican and Democratic senators.

The Hill:

Trump calls into Senate GOP lunch to discuss North Korea

President Trump called into the Senate GOP lunch from Air Force One on Tuesday to discuss North Korea, according to a senator who attended the gathering.

Trump's call to the closed-door GOP lunch held at the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC)

Quote:
Obama tried to be Bi-partisan, but the GOP were obstructionist. 

Weird.  I wonder if those could be the same reasons Trump didn't bother calling into the non existent complete Senate lunch that never happens.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Speaking of Obama's "bipartisanship."

I suppose people can claim Obama tried to strike a bipartisan tone.

AFTER stating in one of the first meetings he invited Congressional Republicans to: "“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won. So I think on that one I trump you.” 

WHILE publicly slapping down John McCain in a televised meeting "The election's over John."

WHILE saying to Eric Cantor "No we're not going to eliminate the FDA" (paraphrasing that one from memory.  But I vividly remember Cantor's kind of stunned face since it was such a strawman.)   

The Democrats in Congress shut Republicans out of the process very early on (the stimulus bill) and of course by 2010 we've got Obamacare with zero Republican votes.  (Probably because it was a crappity smacking horrendous bill that shouldn't have been passed.  That's what we got last time we had a 60 vote Democratic supermajority in Congress.  Abandonment of core Democratic principals.  YAY!  And then people wonder why Trump won Obama voters.)

Reaching out to Republicans by saying "Come on board.  But we're going to do this my way because I'm the president.  I won" is only "bipartisanship" if you're a blind partisan yourself.

And then when Republicans won the House and Senate they became obstructionist.  Just like the Democrats were under Bush!!  SHOCKING!  (A Democratic senator from my state I personally liked ... Tom Daschle ... was called "Dr. No" until he was voted out of office.)

Obama was arrogant as crappity smack from his first day in office.  Not unlike Trump.  I don't mind.  But I'm also not going to pretend he didn't bring some of the rancor with the Republicans on himself, just like Trump has done the same with Democrats.  And I'm certainly not going to pretend this partisan rancor started with Republicans under Obama.

It all started under Clinton Wadsworth.  That's Ground Zero for our political climate.  Bill and Hillary Clinton were the bizarro Trumps of the 90s that kicked this whole modern ball of partisan division off.  And most people on the left still think ... for zero good reason ... that Bill Clinton was a great president. 

When we talk about divisiveness, you're going to have to do a lot better than simply say "there's no bipartisanship in Congress and that's all Trump's fault!!!"  Because that's incredibly naive.

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Malice in Wonderland wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
Did congress vote on the Iran treaty?

It was no need since the deal (not a tready) was a product of the  permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and China—plus Germany and the European Union.  The congress does not vote on United Nations decisions.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:05am:
Interesting.  That's a one line article.

Here's how CNN characterizes this "meeting."

Vice President Mike Pence met with senators on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, and Trump called into the meeting.

And then in their article they include input and quotes from both Republican and Democratic senators.

The Hill:

Trump calls into Senate GOP lunch to discuss North Korea

President Trump called into the Senate GOP lunch from Air Force One on Tuesday to discuss North Korea, according to a senator who attended the gathering.

Trump's call to the closed-door GOP lunch held at the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC)

Weird.  I wonder if those could be the same reasons Trump didn't bother calling into the non existent complete Senate lunch that never happens.

Queshank

Obama has always tried to work with the GOP and then gave up.  Funny how you say you have defended Obama, but every post I have ever seen from you is like this one concerning Obama.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:31am:
Obama has always tried to work with the GOP and then gave up.  Funny how you say you have defended Obama, but every post I have ever seen from you is like this one concerning Obama.

He tried to work with them by saying his opinion was more important because he won the election.  Obama wasn't above a few dick moves of his own, despite the golden pedestal Democrats place him on.

Yes it is funny how I say I have defended Obama.  (Here on the boards...repeatedly...verifiably.)  Because I have.

But I didn't defend him by making shit up or distorting reality like a blind partisan.  See the difference?

I defended him by using objectivity and staying in touch with reality.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Legitimacy?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules