Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Legitimacy?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Legitimacy? (Read 775 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Re: Legitimacy?
Reply #40 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
- Trump is getting his agenda he said he was for
- if not liberals would be happy with Trump

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #41 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:51pm:
- Trump is getting his agenda he said he was for
- if not liberals would be happy with Trump

Liberals will only be happy again with Obama.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #42 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:07pm:
Quoting Trump is meaningless.  He is not a man of his word.  You should know that by now. 

Oh absolutely.  Fair point.  Ish.  I know he'll say whatever he thinks he can get away with saying or whatever he thinks will advance his agenda ... whatever that might be.

But on trade he's been consistent for over 30 years.  And in line with everything I quoted him as saying there during the campaign, he suggested at the G7 that all of them simply eliminate tariffs altogether.  That's called free trade Wadsworth.

If that's Trump's goal I support it.  Shouldn't some other people who make a lot of noise about supporting free trade be supporting it too?

Let's see.  Who are those people that talk so extensively about supporting free trade....

Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
Trump's opponents ... which happen to be most of the intelligentsia in America ... launch their salvos. 

Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 3:57pm:
NAFTA worked out tremendously well for the upper classes in both Mexico and the United States.

Unfortunately, while there was room for the United States's lower classes to survive because of our robust welfare system ... no such luck for Mexican peasants who rely on payments from illegal immigrants in the United States sent back to Mexico.

Carlos Slim and his peers made out like freakin bandits. 

And why was that?  Oh yeah...

Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 3:57pm:
After all their industries were protected under NAFTA. 

But don't take my word for it Wadsworth.  How about NPR's?  Do you trust them more or less than Trump?

How NAFTA Helped The Mexican Billionaires' Club - NPR - Dec, 2013

Economist Luis de la Calle, who helped negotiate NAFTA for Mexico, says these billionaires have gotten wealthier in the past 20 years by what was not in NAFTA. The trade pact specifically excluded opening the telephone, television and transportation sectors. He says in hindsight, that was a mistake; NAFTA should have been more ambitious.

"The sectors we did not open benefited the few," he says.

Many of today's Mexican billionaires profited from those closed markets and built some of Mexico's most lucrative monopolies: Slim owns 70 percent of all cell service in Mexico and 80 percent of landlines; Ricardo Salinas Pliego and his family own TV Azteca, one of Mexico's two television networks; Emilio Azcarraga owns the other, Televisa.

There's a reason Trump used Carlos Slim as a punching bag on the campaign trail.  And it ain't cuz of the myth he hates Mexicans.

Quote:
It is a well known fact that China is screwing us and Canada is not.  Neither is Mexico.

It's not about "screwing" us.  China isn't screwing us any more than Canada or Mexico is.  But all 3 of them have tariffs and protectionist policies.  China is just the worst of the bunch with their blocking of entire industries from entering their country.  Oh wait, that's right we're blocked from entering Mexico with some industries as well.  Wait...maybe Mexico IS screwing us!!

Quote:
But Trump is not leaning on China anymore. But of course you don't question that.  You continue to make excuses for the Shi! he does. 

He's not?  We eliminated the steel and aluminum tariffs that apply to China as much as everyone else?  We're not about to implement even more tariffs as early as tomorrow?  U.S. Prepares to Proceed With Tariffs on Chinese Goods - WSJ - June 13, 2018  I think Trump will back down on those tariffs citing the need for China's goodwill on North Korea.  But there's been no talk of rolling back the steel and aluminum tariffs that apply to everyone.

Quote:
You don't even question the patents Ivanka has gotten since her father has become president while she works in the White House.  I am concerned for you.  That is blind loyalty you have.

It's not that I don't question them it's that I have more questions for people who think the 7 new ones are important while the 27 already in place aren't.  (I mispoke from memory above.  It's not 24 she had prior, it was 27.)  Frankly if having a stake in the Chinese economy and understanding the process helps us open up China to freer trade, I don't care if Ivanka's company gets 50 more Chinese patents.  If it DOESN'T help open up China sign me up for the Resistance Wadsworth.  As soon as you can figure out what that political movement actually stands for that is.

Why do you care about Ivanka but side with guys like Carlos Slim and those who have benefited most in the US with their support for NAFTA?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:28pm:
Oh absolutely.  Fair point.  Ish.  I know he'll say whatever he thinks he can get away with saying or whatever he thinks will advance his agenda ... whatever that might be.

But on trade he's been consistent for over 30 years.  And in line with everything I quoted him as saying there during the campaign, he suggested at the G7 that all of them simply eliminate tariffs altogether.  That's called free trade Wadsworth.

If that's Trump's goal I support it.  Shouldn't some other people who make a lot of noise about supporting free trade be supporting it too?

Let's see.  Who are those people that talk so extensively about supporting free trade....

And why was that?  Oh yeah...

But don't take my word for it Wadsworth.  How about NPR's?  Do you trust them more or less than Trump?

How NAFTA Helped The Mexican Billionaires' Club - NPR - Dec, 2013

Economist Luis de la Calle, who helped negotiate NAFTA for Mexico, says these billionaires have gotten wealthier in the past 20 years by what was not in NAFTA. The trade pact specifically excluded opening the telephone, television and transportation sectors. He says in hindsight, that was a mistake; NAFTA should have been more ambitious.

"The sectors we did not open benefited the few," he says.

Many of today's Mexican billionaires profited from those closed markets and built some of Mexico's most lucrative monopolies: Slim owns 70 percent of all cell service in Mexico and 80 percent of landlines; Ricardo Salinas Pliego and his family own TV Azteca, one of Mexico's two television networks; Emilio Azcarraga owns the other, Televisa.

There's a reason Trump used Carlos Slim as a punching bag on the campaign trail.  And it ain't cuz of the myth he hates Mexicans.

It's not about "screwing" us.  China isn't screwing us any more than Canada or Mexico is.  But all 3 of them have tariffs and protectionist policies.  China is just the worst of the bunch with their blocking of entire industries from entering their country.  Oh wait, that's right we're blocked from entering Mexico with some industries as well.  Wait...maybe Mexico IS screwing us!!

He's not?  We eliminated the steel and aluminum tariffs that apply to China as much as everyone else?  We're not about to implement even more tariffs as early as tomorrow?  U.S. Prepares to Proceed With Tariffs on Chinese Goods - WSJ - June 13, 2018  I think Trump will back down on those tariffs citing the need for China's goodwill on North Korea.  But there's been no talk of rolling back the steel and aluminum tariffs that apply to everyone.

It's not that I don't question them it's that I have more questions for people who think the 7 new ones are important while the 27 already in place aren't.  (I mispoke from memory above.  It's not 24 she had prior, it was 27.)  Frankly if having a stake in the Chinese economy and understanding the process helps us open up China to freer trade, I don't care if Ivanka's company gets 50 more Chinese patents.  If it DOESN'T help open up China sign me up for the Resistance Wadsworth.  As soon as you can figure out what that political movement actually stands for that is.

Why do you care about Ivanka but side with guys like Carlos Slim and those who have benefited most in the US with their support for NAFTA?

Queshank

1st, lets talk about the patents.  Yes getting 7 more patents from China is important while working in the White House.  You don't see the corruption in that.  Sure you don't.  But you saw every piece of corruption you could find in Hillary.  Very partisan on your part. 
Ivanka and Jared Made Over $82 Million Last Year While Working in White House

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/06/12/ivanka-and-jared-made-over-82-million-la...

As far as China goes...…….

Quote:
President Trump campaigned on going hard after China for ripping off the United States on trade. Yet a year and a half into his presidency, Trump has put more tariffs on longtime U.S. allies than he has on China, his supposed "bad guy" on trade. The Trump administration announced new tariffs Thursday on the European Union, Canada and Mexico.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/05/31/trump-has-officially-put-...

So again, Trump cannot be believed.  He is a liar and if you think his word is gold and he is following through on his campaign promises, then you are being fooled by a con artist.  Trump cares nothing about anyone except himself and his family and he is using this presidency to enrich himself.

« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:52pm by Wadsworth »  

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:39pm:
1st, lets talk about the patents.  Yes getting 7 more patents from China is important while working in the White House.  You don't see the corruption in that.  Sure you don't.  But you saw every piece of corruption you could find in Hillary.  Very partisan on your part. 
Ivanka and Jared Made Over $82 Million Last Year While Working in White House

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/06/12/ivanka-and-jared-made-over-82-million-la...

WOW!  82 million dollars! 

Wadsworth ... using the same data, Time says they made at least 89 million in 2016.  Roll Eyes  So you're going to argue the fact they've lost 7 million dollars means they're profiting off working in the White House.  Well done.

How about those 27 patents Ivanka had before the 7 you're shitting a turkey about?  What's up with those Wadsworth?  When you going to address them?

Quote:
As far as China goes...…….

So again, Trump cannot be believed.  He is a liar and if you think his word is gold and he is following through on his campaign promises, then you are being fooled by a con artist.  Trump cares nothing about anyone except himself and his family and he is using this presidency to enrich himself.

No you're being fooled by misleading reporting.  As usual.  It's all the same universal tariffs on steel and aluminum.  The way they make the case that he's "slapped more tariffs on allies" is because we collectively buy more steel and aluminum from them than China. 

It's hard to tell whether shamelessly biased reporters or Trump are better at conning people these days ain't it?

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #45 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
WOW!  82 million dollars! 

Wadsworth ... using the same data, Time says they made at least 89 million in 2016.  Roll Eyes  So you're going to argue the fact they've lost 7 million dollars means they're profiting off working in the White House.  Well done.

How about those 27 patents Ivanka had before the 7 you're shitting a turkey about?  What's up with those Wadsworth?  When you going to address them?

No you're being fooled by misleading reporting.  As usual.  It's all the same universal tariffs on steel and aluminum.  The way they make the case that he's "slapped more tariffs on allies" is because we collectively buy more steel and aluminum from them than China. 

It's hard to tell whether shamelessly biased reporters or Trump are better at conning people these days ain't it?

Queshank

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Based on this, Q, You are having an argument with yourself
Queshank wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
This story. The trade wars he's starting that have tipped the Congressional vote in Democrats favor again. The shady shit with ZTE and Ivanka's patents and the 500 million dollar Chinese loan. It seems damn possible we could be looking at Nixonian negotiations soon. Maybe FC is right.

But then again Trump's takeover of the Republican party is damn near complete. Who's going to approach the president to make a resignation deal?

How long before the stench starts making even the Republican base start coughing. That's the only important question. Or is the stench from the left that much worse for them? I have a hunch the stench they smell from the left is going to win. 

And will the base turn out to defend him in November and make sure the Democrats don't take both Houses? I think that depends completely on the direction campaign rhetoric from the DNC goes ... and I'm pretty sure that's where the right is going to be reminded of their distaste for leftian stench.  Because the more this shit piles up the angrier, and more irrational and morally indignant the left becomes.  And there's almost nothing uglier than a morally indignant leftist.  Even Trump struggles to be more distasteful.

N.Y. Attorney General Sues Trump Foundation Over Self-Dealing - NY Times - June 14, 2018

The New York State attorney general’s office filed a scathingly worded lawsuit on Thursday taking aim at the Donald J. Trump Foundation, accusing the charity and the Trump family of sweeping violations of campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign.

The lawsuit, which seeks to dissolve the foundation and bar President Trump and three of his children from serving on nonprofit organizations, was an extraordinary rebuke of a sitting president. The attorney general also sent referral letters to the Internal Revenue Service and the Federal Election Commission for possible further action, adding to Mr. Trump’s extensive legal challenges.

Queshank

I have no further rebuttal Grin Grin Grin

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #46 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Grin Grin Grin Grin
Based on this, Q, You are having an argument with yourself
I have no further rebuttal Grin Grin Grin

What makes You think you had one to begin with

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:31pm:
What makes You think you had one to begin with

He's gotcha there Wads.

Queshank

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #48 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
He's gotcha there Wads.

Queshank

Grin No he doesn't.  You two are two peas in pod.  Now tell me why you are arguing with yourself Grin

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
Grin No he doesn't.  You two are two peas in pod.  Now tell me why you are arguing with yourself Grin

First you tell me why you think I'm arguing with myself.

I can think Ivanka and Donald's business dealings in China and Asia and well ... everywhere around the world are complicated and rife with the potential for ethical misconduct AND think only the rabid partisan left gives a shit at the same time. 

It's not a problem for me. 

What I'm genuinely confused by is why it's a problem for you and the rest of the board leftists.

Queshank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Legitimacy?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules