Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump = Chamberlain
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump = Chamberlain (Read 412 times)
Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump = Chamberlain
Reply #10 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:43am
Print Post  
If you gave Kim a couple of nice properties in America, a townhouse in Mayfair, a bogus diplomatic job, immunity from prosecution and a hefty income, you’d have a free, Democratic NK in 6 months.  Probably unified with SK.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

just_me
LNF Representative2

Reply #11 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:16am:
I can not believe that so many of you are so oblivious of your dual standards on this issue.  You and others were trying to point out that Trumps belligerent attitude towards NK would lead us to war.  Now it is his efforts at peace that will lead us to war.  It is simply amusing to watch the change of course mid stream.

News broke but it was fixed. Wink

just me

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #12 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:13am:
Neville Chamberlain, 1938, after meeting with Hitler:
"My good friends, this is the second time there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Now I recommend you go home, and sleep quietly in your beds."

Donald Trump, today, after meeting with Kim:
"Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War with North Korea. President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006839007492308992

With a nod to Bert, now I will admit that my head is exploding...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear FC, .. are you crazy?   Grin  Grin

There is NO comparison whatsoever between Trump and Neville Chamberlain!    Cheesy

Chamberlain .. was so UNLIKE Trump and very very timid, and very naive that almost bordered on being irresponsible!  Sad

Geeze, .. you are way off base!   Grin  Grin

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #13 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:32pm:
Dear FC, .. are you crazy?

You don't find it odd that Trump calls Kim "honorable" and tells us we can sleep easily tonight?  I don't think we're on the eve of war with NK, so this isn't a direct equivalence.  But it's wild that Trump is completely unaware of Chamberlain's infamous quote.

And be honest.  If Obama had told us the NK dictator was honorable and trustworthy, and told us we could sleep easy, you'd be posting the Chamberlain quote with your biggest fonts and your yellowest highlights.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #14 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:37pm:
You don't find it odd that Trump calls Kim "honorable" and tells us we can sleep easily tonight?  I don't think we're on the eve of war with NK, so this isn't a direct equivalence.  But it's wild that Trump is completely unaware of Chamberlain's infamous quote.

And be honest.  If Obama had told us the NK dictator was honorable and trustworthy, and told us we could sleep easy, you'd be posting the Chamberlain quote with your biggest fonts and your yellowest highlights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump and Chamberlain are NOT even remotely similar!  Wink

Sorry, .. but they are not.  Cheesy

Trump was NOT taken in by Kim, .. it's just that AFTER Trump got his agreement, he is only trying to be nice about the meeting with Kim, that's all.
   Cool

You humor me with your comments about my font and highlighter, .. thank you!   Smiley   Grin

IP Logged

Ars Longa, Vita Bert
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #15 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:13am:
Neville Chamberlain, 1938, after meeting with Hitler:
"My good friends, this is the second time there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Now I recommend you go home, and sleep quietly in your beds."

Donald Trump, today, after meeting with Kim:
"Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War with North Korea. President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer - sleep well tonight!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1006839007492308992

With a nod to Bert, now I will admit that my head is exploding...

Neville Chamberlain had crushing sanctions on Germany? Neville Chamberlain had a military base in Poland? Neville Chamberlain had over 30,000 troops in Poland? The population of Germany was starving? Hitler couldn't afford to fly to London for talks?

The two situations are exactly the same.

Well done!

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #16 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Stu and Bert, you have both demonstrated your skill at slaying straw men.  Congrats.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:37pm:

I don't give a shit if Trump calls Kim honeypie and wakes up the next morning with his head firmly cuddled between Kim's tremendous manboobs.   Whatever it takes.  And perhaps it takes a narcissist like Trump to speak a narcissist like Kim's language.  Because baby steps towards potentially normalized relations with South Korea and the rest of the world would work out tremendously for the North Korean people.

We were never in danger of war with North Korea. 

Is contorting Trump's rhetoric to say we're not in danger of going to war with a country we were never in danger of going to war with to resemble Chamberlain's statement the only example in history you can find of someone spouting words like Chamberlain's?  Neville and Donald are the only two people who've ever said "Don't worry people of my nation.  You're safe?"

Quote:

Sounds like a great rational for behaving like a bunch of mouth breathing knuckle draggers.  Carry on!

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Ars Longa, Vita Bert
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
"I don't give a shit if Trump calls Kim honeypie and wakes up the next morning with his head firmly cuddled between Kim's tremendous manboobs."

That's equally hilarious and disturbing at the same time. An exquisite balance hard to achieve.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
Whatever it takes.  And perhaps it takes a narcissist like Trump to speak a narcissist like Kim's language.  Because baby steps towards potentially normalized relations with South Korea and the rest of the world would work out tremendously for the North Korean people.

... or enable a despot to solidify his grip on power.  And rocket-man is feeling the power.

Quote:
Is contorting Trump's rhetoric

I contorted nothing.  All I did was spew pepsi out of my nose when I read his tweet.  I find it unintentionally hilarious.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump = Chamberlain

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules