Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Cohen's lawyers have quit
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cohen's lawyers have quit (Read 92 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Cohen's lawyers have quit
Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
A few weeks ago was "if you find yourself being the president's lawyer, you need a lawyer."

Well, the legal team representing the president's lawyer has quit.  (It's in multiple news feeds.)  Might be that the legal paddle Cohen's been counting on won't help him when he's this far up the creek.

I predict a Trump pardon, coming soon...

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Cohen's lawyers have quit
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  

Jaysus....

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Is this a proper headline?   "Cohen's lawyers have quit"?

I mean I know it's standard for today's news.  It's pretty much the source of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Misleading headlines that misrepresent words and actions.

But CNN characterizes it as this:

Trump's personal attorney splits with his own legal team

President Donald Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, has split with the legal team that has shepherded him through a criminal investigation that included a high-profile FBI raid, a source familiar with the change said Wednesday.

The split could signal a shift in legal strategy and comes amid mounting pressure on Cohen as criminal charges could become likely.
Cohen has found a new lawyer, but the name of Cohen's new lawyer was not yet known.

NBC like this:

Trump lawyer Michael Cohen expected to split with his attorneys

President Donald Trump's embattled personal attorney, Michael Cohen, is expected to part ways with his current lawyers and hire new counsel as federal investigators continue to dig into his business dealings, a source close to Cohen told NBC News.

Cohen's split from Stephen Ryan and co-counsel Todd Harrison could signal a change in legal strategy but does not necessarily indicate that Cohen has decided to cut a deal with federal prosecutors.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Is this a proper headline?   "Cohen's lawyers have quit"?

I mean I know it's standard for today's news.  It's pretty much the source of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Misleading headlines that misrepresent words and actions.

See, I think it's Cohen's characterization that is the misleading legerdemain.  He's wordsmithing in order to conceal something.  He wouldn't "split" with his lawyers.  He'd either replace them (ie: fire them) or they would drop him as a client.  Neither explanation looks good, so he's massaging the press.

It is my own opinion that they dropped him and not the other way around.  Why?  He has a long history of sub-legal actions, leaving him exposed to prosecutorial arm-twisting.  His entire digital life is in state custody.  His boss throws him under the bus at random intervals.  And given his fondness for public flair, it's odd that he is not naming his new lawyer.  Might not have one yet.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
See, I think it's Cohen's characterization that is the misleading legerdemain.  He's wordsmithing in order to conceal something.  He wouldn't "split" with his lawyers.  He'd either replace them (ie: fire them) or they would drop him as a client.  Neither explanation looks good, so he's massaging the press.

It is my own opinion that they dropped him and not the other way around.  Why?  He has a long history of sub-legal actions, leaving him exposed to prosecutorial arm-twisting.  His entire digital life is in state custody.  His boss throws him under the bus at random intervals.  And given his fondness for public flair, it's odd that he is not naming his new lawyer.  Might not have one yet.

You might be entirely right.

I just saw an opportunity to highlight what our media did during the campaign and is still doing and took it Smiley

Word choices are interesting things aren't they?  Estate tax becomes death tax.  Illegal immigrants become undocumented immigrants.  If you're watching for them you can see how politicians and the media work to shift public opinion one way or the other.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
You might be entirely right.

I just saw an opportunity to highlight what our media did during the campaign and is still doing and took it Smiley

Word choices are interesting things aren't they?  Estate tax becomes death tax.  Illegal immigrants become undocumented immigrants.  If you're watching for them you can see how politicians and the media work to shift public opinion one way or the other.

Queshank

Not to mention... living wills, advance directives, end of life care options... all became "death panels" according to the conservative spin meisters.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Cohen's lawyers have quit

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules