Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › It's Trump's night as his candidates sweep GOP primaries
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) It's Trump's night as his candidates sweep GOP primaries (Read 153 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

It's Trump's night as his candidates sweep GOP primaries
Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  

Smiley

It's Trump's night as his candidates sweep GOP primaries

By: Rick Moran
June 13, 2018

Donald Trump erased all doubts about who owns the Republican Party on Tuesday night as several Trump-backed candidates swept to victory in GOP primaries.

Primaries were held in Maine, South Carolina, Virginia, Nevada, and North Dakota.  Po-Trump candidates win crucial races.  The most notable among Trump's victories occurred in South Carolina, where former governor and current GOP incumbent Congressman Mark Sanford, a bitter critic of the president, went down to defeat.

CBS:

In the most dramatic result in primaries across five states Tuesday, Sanford was the second incumbent House Republican to lose a primary this year – and the latest victim of intense divisions among the GOP in the Trump era.

Though he has a generally conservative voting record, his criticism of Mr. Trump as unworthy and culturally intolerant made him a target of the president's most dedicated supporters, who often elevate loyalty over policy.

Sanford was defeated by state Rep. Katie Arrington, who spent her campaign blasting Sanford as a "Never Trumper."

In Virginia, pro-Trump Senate candidate Corey Stewart easily dispatched several challengers to win the right to face off with the state's incumbent Democratic senator Tim Kaine.

MORE>https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/06/its_trumps_night_as_his_candidates_...

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Re: It's Trump's night as his candidates sweep GOP primaries
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
This is good news. I was concerned that more moderate republicans would win the primaries, which would make them tolerable candidates in the elections.

With only Trump supporters as opposition, the chances of an upset in these areas is MUCH higher, as people make a decision not on republicans vs democrats, but on Trump values vs moderates.

Thanks, Stu, you made my day!

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:21pm:
This is good news. I was concerned that more moderate republicans would win the primaries, which would make them tolerable candidates in the elections.

With only Trump supporters as opposition, the chances of an upset in these areas is MUCH higher, as people make a decision not on republicans vs democrats, but on Trump values vs moderates.

You have to stop with the MSNBC talking points. I mean you regurgitate them word for word.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

then doing it anyway

Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Spectacular Eric. wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:33pm:
You have to stop with the MSNBC talking points. I mean you regurgitate them word for word.

That is a fascinating theory, and the second thread you have made that accusation.

So if I am understanding you, you believe that if someone says something also said on a major news network, they could not have come to the same conclusion on their own. Are you applying this same standard to yourself and Stu?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Party Leader

Trolls exterminated while
you wait ...

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:42pm:
Are you applying this same standard to yourself and Stu?

They have no standards .. but Bert does apply copious amounts of lard to his ass via his digestive system ..

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
I think it's common knowledge that the republican party is now the party of Trump.  It's the pottery barn rule.  He broke, so now he owns it.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

then doing it anyway

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
I think it's common knowledge that the republican party is now the party of Trump.  It's the pottery barn rule.  He broke, so now he owns it.

I don't buy that. Trump hijacked the republican party, and of the republicans I know, at most half are happy with him. I guess if you round up...

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #7 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
It was a hostile take-over but the shareholders voted for their new CEO so it's the party of Trump now. That said, I agree with Freon, this should help in the general. As long as the Dems don't try to counter fringe candidates with our own fringe candidates, it should help. My understanding is there're a lot of first time candidates, majority female, running as Dems and doing well...I'm not entirely without hope. Smiley

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 4:34pm:

well then the DNC is the party of Hilarity Hillary   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:21pm:

I would say it's bad news. Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American voter.

(Maybe the stupidity of the human being is more appropriate. People like populism, despite the obvious harm it causes and its terrible track record.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › It's Trump's night as his candidates sweep GOP primaries

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules