Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Nightmare scenario for Virginia Republicans
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Nightmare scenario for Virginia Republicans (Read 114 times)
Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Nightmare scenario for Virginia Republicans
Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Nightmare scenario for Virginia Republicans

Quote:
Corey Stewart, the bombastic conservative who built his public image on championing the Confederate flag and monuments like Charlottesville's Robert E. Lee statue and has appeared with white nationalists, won the Republican Senate nomination.

State and national Republicans admitted there's virtually no chance Stewart will defeat Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine in the fall.

Their bigger worry, though, is how Stewart's presence on the ballot could lead Republican voters to stay at home, hurting the party in several competitive House races.

"I am extremely disappointed that a candidate like Corey Stewart could win the Republican nomination for US Senate," former Virginia Republican Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling tweeted. "This is clearly not the Republican Party I once knew, loved and proudly served. Every time I think things can't get worse they do, and there is no end in sight."

Brian J. Walsh, a Republican strategist who has worked on Senate campaigns, tweeted: "Can we just skip past the part where the media focuses on all the idiotic, racist & embarrassing things Corey Stewart will say & do the next five months and just acknowledge Tim Kaine won his re-election tonight. And he has Stewart voters to thank for it."

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Malice in Wonderland
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Nightmare scenario for Virginia Republicans
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Damn!

Eric Bradner and Dan Merica do not like the GOP's chances.

They're doomed.

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Another liberal loons head explodes
Trump for the win AGAIN.

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:19am:

I have to laugh.  I clicked on your source and the article that came up was how Sanford (a Rep) was beaten by a newcomer, female, whose name I don't remember.  It was a primary, but President Trump had tweeted three hours before the primary ended that he backed the lady, and she won.  She was running against Mark Sandford who did not back our POTUS.

Your article was second or third down.  That was a nightmare for Sandford and a win for the people who actually vote.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 7:41am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 5:32am:
I have to laugh.  I clicked on your source and the article that came up was how Sanford (a Rep) was beaten by a newcomer, female, whose name I don't remember.  It was a primary, but President Trump had tweeted three hours before the primary ended that he backed the lady, and she won.  She was running against Mark Sandford who did not back our POTUS.

Your article was second or third down.  That was a nightmare for Sandford and a win for the people who actually vote.

Some sites do not support linking to specific articles. When I posted, this article was at the top of the linked page. The others were added later. Beyond my control.

As I've pointed out many times before, everyone has their different take on such things.

The bottom line is that a rather radical Republican won this primary, reducing the chances that a Republican will win in the general election.

That's good.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 7:45am
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 3:47am:
Another liberal loons head explodes
Trump for the win AGAIN.

Nobody's head is exploding over this. I, like other liberals, are satisfied that the Republican who won this election is so far to the right as to not only lose that election in the general, but suppress Republican turnout for other contests on the same day.

In other words, the prediction is that the Dems will win bigly in Virginia in November.

It's all good.

So you can take your mop and bucket and save it for November, when your side will have rampant cranial implosions.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 8:24am
Print Post  
That's not winning, that would be called maintaining since the Dems already control Va.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 8:24am:
That's not winning, that would be called maintaining since the Dems already control Va.

No!

Greg Tongue

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 8:29am:
No!

Greg Tongue

Yes

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 14th, 2018 at 2:19am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Young Leftist Quisling, .. Who knows? -- Maybe Virginia will stay blue, but, .. don't always count on things. I remember when it was red, but, modern liberalism when it's honestly defined and understood, doesn't always do very well for very long!   Grin

That piece of shit Hillary friend and former Hillary operator, 'Terry McAuliffe', became Governor of Virginia years ago, and helped flip Virginia and turned it more blue, but, not so sure how long it will stay blue.

Not sure how long Virginia stays blue, .. so, you might want to keep that in mind before you celebrate too early!
   Grin   Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Nightmare scenario for Virginia Republicans

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules