Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NeverTrump Chickens Coming Home to Roost
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NeverTrump Chickens Coming Home to Roost (Read 100 times)
stu_gatze
LNF Speaker

Conservatism today, tommorow..&
forever!

NeverTrump Chickens Coming Home to Roost
Jun 15th, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  

By: Brian C. Joondeph
June 15, 2018

Noted farmer and poultry expert, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, once said in a sermon, that Barack Obama may or may not have been present for, that “America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” Such is the way of nature, with an order to things, cause and effect, which some describe as karma.

Reverend Wright may have been referring to misguided American policies with unintended consequences. If he was speaking about US interventions in the Middle East leading to power vacuums and the rise of regimes far worse than what they were replacing, he would be correct. On the other hand, if he was claiming that the US government created AIDS to exterminate people of color, then his credibility has flown away with his chickens.

Another group of chickens are coming home to roost in the second year of the Trump presidency, namely the NeverTrump variety of fowl. Somewhere on the scale between turkey and chicken, most resembling peacocks however, these birds are finding that there is no nest for them to come home to. They are left to roost in the green rooms and television studios of CNN and MSNBC, rather than in the halls of government where they are most comfortable.

The NeverTrumpers, who were adamantly against Donald Trump’s nomination, election, and virtually every subsequent decision, are now suddenly befuddled as to why they remain on the outside in the cold, looking in on a warm, cozy, and productive White House.

In a recent issue of Foreign Policy, Matthew Kroenig, a 40-year-old Georgetown professor and expert on nuclear proliferation, with work at both the CIA and Pentagon on his resume, wonders why Secretary of State Mike Pompeo hasn’t called him to serve in the State Department. He seems a logical choice to advise the Trump administration as they paddle through unchartered waters with Trump’s new pal, Little Rocket Man.

So, what’s the problem? Why is this ideal candidate getting the cold shoulder from Team Trump? It seems his chickens have come home to roost.

Around the time that Donald Trump secured the GOP nomination for president, “Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush” signed a letter that was quite critical of candidate Trump.

The same Republicans who would be doing backflips with joy if a President Jeb or Kasich were in the Oval Office and doing what Trump is doing. Trump is running the table with his conservative agenda, fulfilling the political dreams of NeverTrumpers, yet they can’t stand him and wish he would go away.

It’s ironic that these geniuses gave us the Iraq war and subsequent Middle Eastern chaos including ISIS. Or that they advised past presidents on how to manage North Korea becoming a rogue nuclear power while the uneducated and impetuous goofus is the one who may have finally disarmed the Kim dictatorship.

The smart set, going all the way back to Nixon, was just this week upstaged by the guy they had no confidence in and thought would be dangerous to the world. And now they have the gall to complain that Trump now has no confidence in them or their intellect and judgement?

MORE>https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/06/nevertrump_chickens_coming_home...

Cades Cove, you are a young ignorant leftist Quisling. Get some Help immediately!Cades Cove you are a young dumb leftist Quisling. Seek help young Quisling, .. seek help!

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Re: NeverTrump Chickens Coming Home to Roost
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 11:22am:

Another group of chickens are coming home to roost in the second year of the Trump presidency, namely the NeverTrump variety of fowl. Somewhere on the scale between turkey and chicken, most resembling peacocks however, these birds are finding that there is no nest for them to come home to. They are left to roost in the green rooms and television studios of CNN and MSNBC, rather than in the halls of government where they are most comfortable.

The author tortures this metaphor so badly, it really detracts from his overall point. This paragraph in particular is just not well-written at all.

I might not have brought it up, but you usually just post the entire article rather than a snippet with your opinion, so we're left to slog through the whole thing. In this case, I just can't force myself to do it.
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2018 at 5:59pm by Maestro »  

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Bert plays with himself

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 5:47pm:
The author tortures this metaphor so badly, it really detracts from his overall point. This paragraph in particular is just not well-written at all.

I might not have brought it up, but you usually just post the entire article rather than a snippet with your opinion, so we're left to slog through the whole thing. In this case, I just can't force myself to do it.

You expected Pulitzer Prize level writing from the American Stinker?

LOL.

IP Logged

billy.
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jun 15th, 2018 at 5:47pm:

How do they come home to roost if they no longer have a nest?

a few weeks back I saw some talker on TV say, "when the chickens fly home to roost"

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › NeverTrump Chickens Coming Home to Roost

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog