Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › Pro Wrestling Mid-Year Awards
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pro Wrestling Mid-Year Awards (Read 44 times)
Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Pro Wrestling Mid-Year Awards
Jun 18th, 2018 at 5:24am
Print Post  
This has been a great year (so far) in pro wrestling. Here are my mid-year picks:

Best tag team: Undisputed Era (NXT). Any combination of Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, Adam Cole and Roderick Strong is awesome. They are wrestling machines.

Biggest Surprise: Ronda Rousey (Raw) has been so good. I had no idea she would adapt to pro wrestling so quickly, but she has.

Breakout Star: Velveteen Dream (NXT). This guy has absolutely killed it in 2018. For such a young guy, he oozes charisma, has great in-ring ability and has that great look. John Cena himself says the Dream is the future of wrestling.

Best Feud: Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa (NXT). Their matches are so intense and believable. You can almost feel the hate coming through the screen. I just wonder how it will end.

Best Character Development: Eddie Edwards (Impact). Once known as a pretty vanilla persona, Eddie has really turned edgy and psycho. Watching his slow descent into madness has been really entertaining.

Best Turn: Shinsuke Nakamura (Smackdown). His heel turn at WrestleMania was great. It made him more interesting, and his heeling mannerisms are so good. I had no idea he was such a natural villain.

Best Heel: Alexa Bliss (Raw). She’s just so good at being bad. She’s mean, conniving, cowardly and arrogant - the perfect heel!

Best Face: AJ Styles (Smackdown). AJ has been outstanding as the fighting champion who doesn’t make excuses and takes on all comers. I love AJ.

Best Return: Daniel Bryan (Smackdown). The most pleasant surprise of the year! I’m so happy that he gets to wrestle again after a three-year layoff. And he hasn’t lost a step!

Best Debut: The IIconics (Smackdown). Their call-up from NXT was very well deserved, and on their first night on Smackdown they caused Charlotte to lose her title. That’s an impactful debut!

Best Female: Alexa Bliss (Raw). For the reasons I stated above.

Best Male: Kenny Omega (New Japan). I love his character and his matches. He’s been very special so far in 2018.

Best Announcer: Mauro Ranallo (NXT). Mama Mia! I love his passion and enthusiasm. May he never change!

Best Promotion: NXT. They keep losing talent, but the promotion only seems to get better!

Best Match: Okada vs Kenny Omega (New Japan). This match was over an hour long! I haven’t seen the match in its entirety yet, but I’ve seen enough to appreciate what they did. They gave it their all! No wonder Dave Meltzer gave the match SIX stars!

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Re: Pro Wrestling Mid-Year Awards
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jun 18th, 2018 at 5:24am:
This has been a great year (so far) in pro wrestling. Here are my mid-year picks:

Best tag team: Undisputed Era (NXT). Any combination of Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, Adam Cole and Roderick Strong is awesome. They are wrestling machines.

Biggest Surprise: Ronda Rousey (Raw) has been so good. I had no idea she would adapt to pro wrestling so quickly, but she has.

Breakout Star: Velveteen Dream (NXT). This guy has absolutely killed it in 2018. For such a young guy, he oozes charisma, has great in-ring ability and has that great look. John Cena himself says the Dream is the future of wrestling.

Best Feud: Johnny Gargano vs Tomasso Ciampa (NXT). Their matches are so intense and believable. You can almost feel the hate coming through the screen. I just wonder how it will end.

Best Character Development: Eddie Edwards (Impact). Once known as a pretty vanilla persona, Eddie has really turned edgy and psycho. Watching his slow descent into madness has been really entertaining.

Best Turn: Shinsuke Nakamura (Smackdown). His heel turn at WrestleMania was great. It made him more interesting, and his heeling mannerisms are so good. I had no idea he was such a natural villain.

Best Heel: Alexa Bliss (Raw). She’s just so good at being bad. She’s mean, conniving, cowardly and arrogant - the perfect heel!

Best Face: AJ Styles (Smackdown). AJ has been outstanding as the fighting champion who doesn’t make excuses and takes on all comers. I love AJ.

Best Return: Daniel Bryan (Smackdown). The most pleasant surprise of the year! I’m so happy that he gets to wrestle again after a three-year layoff. And he hasn’t lost a step!

Best Debut: The IIconics (Smackdown). Their call-up from NXT was very well deserved, and on their first night on Smackdown they caused Charlotte to lose her title. That’s an impactful debut!

Best Female: Alexa Bliss (Raw). For the reasons I stated above.

Best Male: Kenny Omega (New Japan). I love his character and his matches. He’s been very special so far in 2018.

Best Announcer: Mauro Ranallo (NXT). Mama Mia! I love his passion and enthusiasm. May he never change!

Best Promotion: NXT. They keep losing talent, but the promotion only seems to get better!

Best Match: Okada vs Kenny Omega (New Japan). This match was over an hour long! I haven’t seen the match in its entirety yet, but I’ve seen enough to appreciate what they did. They gave it their all! No wonder Dave Meltzer gave the match SIX stars!

I'd have to say the best Male would be Braun Strowman at the moment ungodly strong AND Freaking fast for a big man. GET THESE HANDS.

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Re: Pro Wrestling Mid-Year Awards
Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 5:17am:
I'd have to say the best Male would be Braun Strowman at the moment ungodly strong AND Freaking fast for a big man. GET THESE HANDS.

Yeah, he deserves to be up there, even though I’m not a fan. But Omega has been special so far in 2018.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereSports Forum › Pro Wrestling Mid-Year Awards

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules