Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles? (Read 2,848 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles?
Reply #250 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Here is the distinction wads

Limey has chimes in talking about he’s seen plenty of dead soldiers shot with a .223 caliber round (5.56).

Yes, it like any round is capable of killing. I’ve seen a hogs jaw and about blown half off by a poor ar-15 shot. I have an ar-15. I shoot at my personal range all the time. I love the round.

The point I and others are trying to make is it’s an out and out lie to claim the ar-15 has superior killing power to other styles of rifles and calibers. Relatively speaking, it’s anemic compared to a shotgun with buckshot or a slug and virtually every hunting caliber.

And there are many hunting calibers in semi auto and shotguns with higher round capacities.

So when the rationale for a ban is tied to the ar-15 power, those in tbe know, know this is a lie. And we also know that if this is ever banned for its power, then anything with more power should also be banned by default

If you ban Volkswagen bugs due to their extreme ability to speed, pretty much all other cars must go too. Right?

I really don't care.  I gave you the data.  You can beleive it or not.  Case closed.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #251 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:04pm:
I think doctor who treat gun wounds are more knowledgable about the effects of gun shot wounds, don't you?

The Difference Between AR-15 and Normal Gunshot Wounds
https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/the-difference-between-ar-15-and-normal-gunsho...
What happens when AR-15 rifle bullets tear through the human body
https://bgr.com/2016/06/21/ar-15-rifle-bullet-wounds/
What an AR-15 Can Do to the Human Body

https://www.wired.com/2016/06/ar-15-can-human-body/

We’re talking about the lethality of two broad classes of firearm when used in mass murders or attempted mass murders.

The wounds seen in a hospital are very much part of what’s under consideration but the A & E doctor, whilst likely an expert in gunshot wound surgery, is not going to be fully aware of things like shooting distance, ammunition nature, the skill of the shooter etc.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #252 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:02pm:
We’re talking about the lethality of two broad classes of firearm when used in mass murders or attempted mass murders.

The wounds seen in a hospital are very much part of what’s under consideration but the A & E doctor, whilst likely an expert in gunshot wound surgery, is not going to be fully aware of things like shooting distance, ammunition nature, the skill of the shooter etc.

I really don't give a damn about shooting distance, ammunition nature, the skill of the shooter etc.   That was not my argument.  Mine was simple.  Which does more damage my the unskilled shooter.

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #253 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Here is the distinction wads

Limey has chimes in talking about he’s seen plenty of dead soldiers shot with a .223 caliber round (5.56).

Yes, it like any round is capable of killing. I’ve seen a hogs jaw and about blown half off by a poor ar-15 shot. I have an ar-15. I shoot at my personal range all the time. I love the round.

The point I and others are trying to make is it’s an out and out lie to claim the ar-15 has superior killing power to other styles of rifles and calibers. Relatively speaking, it’s anemic compared to a shotgun with buckshot or a slug and virtually every hunting caliber.

And there are many hunting calibers in semi auto and shotguns with higher round capacities.

So when the rationale for a ban is tied to the ar-15 power, those in tbe know, know this is a lie. And we also know that if this is ever banned for its power, then anything with more power should also be banned by default

If you ban Volkswagen bugs due to their extreme ability to speed, pretty much all other cars must go too. Right?

I’ve seen dead bodies with 7.62mm NATO and 7.62 x 39 as well. And 0.5 Browning and 14.5mm Soviet.

I’m not making special claims for 5.56mm.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #254 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
I really don't give a damn about shooting distance, ammunition nature, the skill of the shooter etc.   That was not my argument.  Mine was simple.  Which does more damage my the unskilled shooter.

That is a piece-of-string question.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #255 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:02pm:

This is exactly correct. A college roommate did his residency at Los Angeles county hospital. Mostly he treated handgun woulda. He has never hunted or fired a gun. He shared that from what he has seen handguns are incredibly powerful and do tremendous damage.

No argument.

This issue is so they do more damage or are they more powerful than say a shotgun slug, or 30-06.

We are strictly talking about banning one caliber or rifle type based on its “greater” power and ability to kill compared to other guns and calibers.

Gun banners have been duped into thinking the war killing machine 223 / 5.56 has some special super powers.

Heck yesterday I heard a dem congressman talking about the need to ban ar15 because they shoot ultra powerful rounds at over 200 rounds per minute. A us congressman.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #256 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I was wrong. Alan Grayson dem congressman claimed it shoots 700 rounds per minute.

Just said it. Google it.

Wads, is this where you get ur info from

Does he get info from ur source. Is he lying or simply an ignorant moron perpetuating a lie he heard.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #257 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:38pm:
I was wrong. Alan Grayson dem congressman claimed it shoots 700 rounds per minute.

Just said it. Google it.

Wads, is this where you get ur info from

Does he get info from ur source. Is he lying or simply an ignorant moron perpetuating a lie he heard.

uh, I said nothing about Alan Grayson.  I gave you my sources.  Deal with it.

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #258 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:39pm:
uh, I said nothing about Alan Grayson.  I gave you my sources.  Deal with it.

Look closely at the pictures. And read.

[PDF]
Ballistic Products, Inc. 12 Gauge, 20 Gauge and 410 …
https://www.ballisticproducts.com/images/BPI_Ballistic_Report.pdf
KE Transfer up to 12” depth is a measure of the potential for causing damage ... 12 gauge 00 Buckshot static gelatin pictures ... Slug static gelatin pictures ...

BALLISTIC GELATIN PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED .223 …
https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData...
BALLISTIC GELATIN PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED .223 BARRIER ... Pictures of bullets recovered from shots into bare gelatin out of an 8" barrel: .223 …

Which one do you want to hit you ass?

Smiley

Smiley

This one may work, I hope.

Barnes Ballistic Gelatin Data for .223 and 5.56 - AR15.Com
https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/Barnes...

Barnes Ballistic Gelatin Data for .223 and 5.56 All pictures on this webpage belong to Barnes. Barnes Ballistic Gelatin Data .223 and 5.56.223. 36gr Barnes Varmint Grenade
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:43pm by Archie »  

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #259 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
Look closely at the pictures. And read.

[PDF]
Ballistic Products, Inc. 12 Gauge, 20 Gauge and 410 …
https://www.ballisticproducts.com/images/BPI_Ballistic_Report.pdf
KE Transfer up to 12” depth is a measure of the potential for causing damage ... 12 gauge 00 Buckshot static gelatin pictures ... Slug static gelatin pictures ...

BALLISTIC GELATIN PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED .223 …
https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData...
BALLISTIC GELATIN PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED .223 BARRIER ... Pictures of bullets recovered from shots into bare gelatin out of an 8" barrel: .223 …

Which one do you want to hit you ass?

Smiley

Smiley

This one may work, I hope.

Barnes Ballistic Gelatin Data for .223 and 5.56 - AR15.Com
https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/Barnes...

Barnes Ballistic Gelatin Data for .223 and 5.56 All pictures on this webpage belong to Barnes. Barnes Ballistic Gelatin Data .223 and 5.56.223. 36gr Barnes Varmint Grenade

Go to the site and see. Don't know why they will not come up here.

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules