Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles? (Read 2,036 times)
Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Re: Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles?
Reply #260 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 8:05am:
Huh, I think you contridicted yourself.  Now explain in detail why there is more damage to the human body by an AR-15 injury than with a shotgun.  Back to topic, troll

No fool.  I didn't contradict myself at all.  You did.  Hilariously so.  On one hand you say that the shotgun is a long range weapon when the AR is not then on the other you try to say that you are arguing that the effective range is greater with an AR than a shotgun.  Those are completely contradictory statements.

It's obvious that you don't understand what "effective range" means.

If you shoot and hit someone at 300 yards away with an AR, yes there will be more damage done to the body than if shooting at someone at 300 yards with a shotgun.

Do you understand why?  Because you can't hit someone with a shotgun at 300 yards you crappity smacking moron.  Jesus.  You really can't be this stupid of course the damage done is going to be greater in that instance with an AR, the bullet will actually hit the target while it will not do so with a shotgun at that distance.  Holy crappity smacking moly.

Now if you were lets say 10 feet away from a target, one blast from a shotgun is going to do far, far, far, more damage than one shot from an AR at the same distance.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #261 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
No fool.  I didn't contradict myself at all.  You did.  Hilariously so.  On one hand you say that the shotgun is a long range weapon when the AR is not then on the other you try to say that you are arguing that the effective range is greater with an AR than a shotgun.  Those are completely contradictory statements.

No it is not, idiot.  What does one have to do with the other

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #262 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:04pm:
I really don't give a damn about shooting distance, ammunition nature, the skill of the shooter etc.   That was not my argument.  Mine was simple.  Which does more damage my the unskilled shooter.

That's the whole point of this you ignorant freak.  It's not as simple as you are trying to make it.  All these factors play a part yet you want to completely ignore them.  And rather than educate yourself you just continue to dumb down on your ignorance.

But please continue.  It is hilarious.

Smiley

Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #263 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:00pm:
No it is not, idiot.  What does one have to do with the other

Holy shit.

Effective range is essentially the distance that someone can accurately engage a target.

If the AR has a greater effective range than a shotgun, in fact it is much greater, it is also a better long distance weapon.

If you knew what you were talking about you would understand that by saying that a shotgun is a long distance weapon while an AR is not would be contradicted by saying that an AR has a much greater effective range.

These are totally different weapons, one is much more violent and damaging at short distances (the shotgun) and the other shoots farther and more accurately but the user must be somewhat trained in how to aim and make adjustments.

You obviously didn't understand what we were talking about, and you still won't because you refuse to educate yourself. 

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Staffer3
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #264 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 29th, 2018 at 8:22pm:
Exactly.  All you have to do is pull the trigger for rapid fire with high viscosity bullets in a large magazine.  Easy as pie.

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I have to ask....."high VISCOSITY bullets"???

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #265 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:15pm:
I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I have to ask....."high VISCOSITY bullets"???

For the AR15 .223 bullet, anywhere from 3000 to 3500 feet per second depending on the weight of the bullet. The speed is the velocity.
Shot gun slug, very heavy 1440 feet per second.

Energy of .223, 1642 lbs.

Energy of 12ga. Slug 3100 lbs. 

Big difference. .223 you got hit by a Cadillac, 12 ga. You got hit by a Mack truck.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Staffer3
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #266 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm:
For the AR15 .223 bullet, anywhere from 3000 to 3500 feet per second depending on the weight of the bullet. The speed is the velocity.
Shot gun slug, very heavy 1440 feet per second.

Energy of .223, 1642 lbs.

Energy of 12ga. Slug 3100 lbs. 

Big difference. .223 you got hit by a Cadillac, 12 ga. You got hit by a Mack truck.

Excellent summary, although the 00buckshot is by far the most common home defense choice. And I do wonder if folks like Wadsworth actually realize that the correct word is "velocity", not "viscosity".

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #267 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:15pm:

I would recommend very high viscosity bullets.  Smiley

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #268 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:07am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
Excellent summary, although the 00buckshot is by far the most common home defense choice. And I do wonder if folks like Wadsworth actually realize that the correct word is "velocity", not "viscosity".

Right, and he probably doesn’t know that 00 buck shot is more than one projectile. And at 30 yards or more cover a 20 inch circle and could possibly hit two or three people one shot.
pro·jec·tile
1. A fired, thrown, or otherwise propelled object, such as a bullet, having no capacity for self-propulsion.
2. A self-propelled missile, such as a rocket.

Explanation, just in case.

Smiley
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #269 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:09am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
I would recommend very high viscosity bullets.  Smiley

That would be melted lead, right?
Roll Eyes
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Annapolis - NOW can we ban those assault rifles?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules