Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Our reactions: A question for the forum
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Our reactions: A question for the forum (Read 836 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Our reactions: A question for the forum
Reply #40 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
I am sure you have your MAGA hat.  Do people shun you or strike up a conversation

A MAGA hat?!!! Every waking hour that asshole kisses trump's portrait!

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #41 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
I have to say, I'm heartened by the responses on this thread. The vast majority take a "live and let live" approach, while one or two try to strike up a conversation.

But nobody goes on the attack, verbally or physically. I didn't really expect anyone to say they'd punch someone, but it's good to know nobody thinks they would start shouting down the opposition either.

We’re not savages, M.  Wink

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #42 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Truth be told.  A guy with a MAGA hat comes down my aisle I'd probably try to strike up a conversation.  I'd drop a couple pointed questions then sit back and listen to them vent and simply ask more questions.  I do this all the time.  I got pretty good at it as a tax accountant meeting with a lot of future MAGA hat wearers.  The reactions generally tend to be the same.  Most of the time these guys actually want to talk and engage in a conversation, provided they're not immediately called stupid or shut down immediately upon the conversation started.  And in the course of the conversation I can usually get concessions from this voter that single payer is the way to go. Immigrants are awesome but illegal immigrants need to start playing by the same rules as everyone else.  Got no problem with gays getting married, just tired of hearing about it.  On and on.  And I say that from deep in Trump country.

The lady in the pink vagina hat ... I'd watch warily.  I'd try to avoid.  I used to try the same thing as I do with the MAGA hat wearers.  It doesn't work.  Tempers flare rapidly even if you just sit and listen respectfully.  You can ask a question like "What has Trump done that you think is the worst?" and they will launch into attacking you as a Trump supporter because HOW COULD YOU NOT EVEN KNOW OR EVEN ASK THIS STUPID QUESTION YOU MOUTH BREATHING VULGARITY? WAKE UP YOU IGNORANT MISOGYNISTIC ASSHOLE!  One vagina hat wearing guy I know ... not just know but have been friends with for 20 years and spent many nights on the road back and forth to gigs in multiple bands ... actually started preaching "I know you probably just don't care as much about the environment as I do, blah blah blah blah" and laid into a lecture about how Steve Pruitt rolling back Obama's EPA protections from 2015 means somehow we're back to 1915.  I just avoid people like this now as much as possible.  It's truly not worth the time spent.  There's no upside.  I'm always concerned and filled with trepidation after my encounters with these people.

Queshank

Or it may just be that Q doesn't know how to hold a non-threatening conversation with a woman.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #43 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:11am
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 12:48am:
The West side of the state is wet and a Dem cesspool.

The East side of the state is Conservative farming and the dry side of the state.  Same with Oregon. 

Well, my sister is liberal and her husband just wants to figure out my sister. So they could live in the  east side and gout to the west side when feeling homesick. What would feel more like home that clouds and rain? Whenever I feel homesick I take a shower.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #44 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Spectacular Eric. wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:11am:
Well, my sister is liberal and her husband just wants to figure out my sister. So they could live in the  east side and gout to the west side when feeling homesick. What would feel more like home that clouds and rain? Whenever I feel homesick I take a shower.

I like rainy weather. The stormier, the better. Good weather for cozying up and snuggling.

The only time I hate storms is when they cause power outages. Then it sucks.

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #45 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:35am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:21am:
I like rainy weather. The stormier, the better. Good weather for cozying up and snuggling.

The only time I hate storms is when they cause power outages. Then it sucks.

Oh, you'd love Wales. No extreme weather and it rains almost always so it's always lush and green and in the summer it's not completely dark until about 10 at night. Of course in the winter it's a bit soul destroying  when it's pissing rain and dark at 4 in the afternoon.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #46 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Spectacular Eric. wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:35am:
Oh, you'd love Wales. No extreme weather and it rains almost always so it's always lush and green and in the summer it's not completely dark until about 10 at night. Of course in the winter it's a bit soul destroying  when it's pissing rain and dark at 4 in the afternoon.

I’d love that. Then again, maybe i’d Feel differently after a while.  Smiley

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:45am:
I’d love that. Then again, maybe i’d Feel differently after a while.  Smiley

Well, we spend a lot of time in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. We like to stand under waterfalls so we can dry out.

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #48 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Spectacular Eric. wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 3:52am:
Well, we spend a lot of time in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. We like to stand under waterfalls so we can dry out.

Smiley I now have to clean my monitor at 3 A.M.  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Genesee
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Space Truckin'

Reply #49 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 5:16pm:
Ok, so there have been some posts lately about people assaulting, attacking, etc. other people based upon their politics.

So, I thought I'd ask the forum what they would do in similar situations. Your task is to answer honestly. Not what you'd like to do, or wish you had the guts to do, or what you would do if you were a nicer person.

What you would actually do.

For those who oppose(d) Trump:

You're at the grocery store. A guy comes down your aisle wearing a MAGA hat. What do you do?

For those who oppose(d) Hillary:

You're at the grocery store. A lady comes down your aisle wearing one of those pink vagina hats. What do you do?

I'll go first and my answer is probably boring.

I voted against both, so I'll answer both. Either way, I'd do nothing. I'm passionate about politics, but I don't think random encounters with strangers doing chores is the right time. At least for me.

This is like casting a line with the fish already on the hook!  Roll Eyes

In the midst I think of you, and how it used to be...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Our reactions: A question for the forum

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules