Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Our reactions: A question for the forum
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Our reactions: A question for the forum (Read 839 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Our reactions: A question for the forum
Reply #60 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
You often make me smile, BH. Unintentionally, I'm sure, but there you go.

Read this one and "smile", cretin. The guy who'll break Jasmine's hymen will get the Ahab award!

Got it, dummy? Grin

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #61 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:29pm:
In that case, the statement is not simply not literal, it's faulty. "I could care less" is stupid and betrays a deplorable lack of semantic grasp of the language.

Um, here I'd have to step out of our corner and agree with Maestro.

"I could care less"  and "I couldn't care less" basically are used to convey the same opinion: I don't care. I have theorized privately the reason is that when spoken rapidly or in a noisy environment, "I couldn't care less" sounds much like "I could care less". The "n't" sound gets swallowed up by both the background noise and certain ennui on the part of the speaker, which leads them to drop that particular word ending.

In other words, I could care less if someone couldn't care less.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm:

"I could care less"  and "I couldn't care less" basically are used to convey the same opinion: I don't care. I have theorized privately the reason is that when spoken rapidly or in a noisy environment, "I couldn't care less" sounds much like "I could care less". The "n't" sound gets swallowed up by both the background noise and certain ennui on the part of the speaker, which leads them to drop that particular word ending.

Crapestro didn't say that. At any rate, his "opinion" of a sycophant is of little value, even if as the broken clock it sometimes shows accidentally the right time.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #63 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
I would do nothing to the hillary supporter

Related. Look at the number of arrests at the Republican national convention every 4 years vs the arrests at tbe dnc.

I think last time around there were 3 arrests at the dnc (arrests of protesters getting out of hand) and there were well over 100 at the end in the first night. The left is a violent crowd.

IP Logged

Maestro
Hardhat
The Writer's Croft

Reply #64 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:08pm:

I've read that the "I could care" version snuck over here from England. If that's true, it goes with what you're saying. Some of the English accents have suffixes that sound clipped to American ears kind of like Hagrid from Harry Potter who says things like 'innit?' for "Isn't it?"

"Have you ever noticed that? We base our assessment of the intelligence of others almost entirely on how closely their thinking matches our own. "

-Belgarath, from Belgarath the Sorcerer
IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #65 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Maestro wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
I've read that the "I could care" version snuck over here from England. If that's true, it goes with what you're saying. Some of the English accents have suffixes that sound clipped to American ears kind of like Hagrid from Harry Potter who says things like 'innit?' for "Isn't it?"

Wow, "harry potter" quoted as some kind of literary reference! What's next? "Batman"?

What is it you're "maestro" of, exactly? Ways to show how inept you are?

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #66 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:41am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
I would do nothing to the hillary supporter

Related. Look at the number of arrests at the Republican national convention every 4 years vs the arrests at tbe dnc.

I think last time around there were 3 arrests at the dnc (arrests of protesters getting out of hand) and there were well over 100 at the end in the first night. The left is a violent crowd.

The point of civil disobedience is to get arrested without being violent.

See: Mahatma Ghandi.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Our reactions: A question for the forum

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules