Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort Files Request To Hire Foreign Workers — Again
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort Files Request To Hire Foreign Workers — Again (Read 165 times)
Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort Files Request To Hire Foreign Workers — Again
Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:00pm
Print Post  

Just over a year after President Donald Trump signed his  “Buy American and Hire American” executive order, his Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida has filed for permission to hire 61 foreign workers.

Trump’s Palm Beach business filed requests with the U.S. Labor Department for additional visas for foreign servers and cooks, according to records submitted Thursday and Friday. The employees would work October through the following May. Servers would earn $12.68 an hour and cooks $13.31 an hour.

Since late 2015, Mar-a-Lago has filed 10 separate requests for multiple temporary work visas for foreign employees.

The New York Times has reported that since 2010, only 17 of 300 American applicants were hired to work at the resort that Trump now calls the “Winter White House” or the “Southern White House.” Since 2010, Mar-a-Lago has obtained a total of 500 H-2B visas for seasonal foreign workers, according to The New Yorker.

The Trump Organization hired at least 1,260 foreign workers from 2001 to 2016, according to a CNN analysis. Trump appears to prefer foreign workers at his resorts who are female, young, attractive and with Romanian or South African accents that convey an “exotic appeal,” former workers told the network.

In order to obtain the H-2B visas required for non-agricultural workers, employers must prove that there are not enough Americans willing to do the work — which Trump has insisted is the case.

But in a similar situation last year, Mar-a-Lago apparently didn’t make much of an effort to find American workers. The Washington Post reported that the resort only placed two hard-to-find classified ads in tiny type for waiters, and provided no phone number or email information. Workers could apply only by fax or mail. The ads were posted a week after Mar-a-Lago asked the Labor Department for permission to hire 70 foreign workers, which was granted last November.

FULL:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-mar-lago-043638321.html

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

Theres a Gorilla Behind you
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Re: Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort Files Request To Hire Foreign Workers — Again
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Well, eastern European women are cute and they are great waitresses and hostesses.

Wait! I wonder if any of those hires will be (dun dun dun) Russian. It's all coming together, folks. Trump is a Russian operative.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort Files Request To Hire Foreign Workers — Again
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:13pm
Print Post  

servers & cooks ... LMAO hell restaurant chains are looking to install robots to cook & deliver food because they can't hire or keep dependable workers. something tells me that Mar-a-Largo customers don't want Rosie serving them  Cheesy

IP Logged

Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:13pm:
servers & cooks ... LMAO hell restaurant chains are looking to install robots to cook & deliver food because they can't hire or keep dependable workers. something tells me that Mar-a-Largo customers don't want Rosie serving them  Cheesy

Rosie doesn't want Rosie serving Rosie.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:23pm
Print Post  

Rosie as in The Jetsons Rosie    Wink

IP Logged

Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:23pm:
Rosie as in The Jetsons Rosie    Wink

Oh, she was less...Rosie.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:00pm:

Just over a year after President Donald Trump signed his  “Buy American and Hire American” executive order, his Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida has filed for permission to hire 61 foreign workers.

Trump’s Palm Beach business filed requests with the U.S. Labor Department for additional visas for foreign servers and cooks, according to records submitted Thursday and Friday. The employees would work October through the following May. Servers would earn $12.68 an hour and cooks $13.31 an hour.

Since late 2015, Mar-a-Lago has filed 10 separate requests for multiple temporary work visas for foreign employees.

The New York Times has reported that since 2010, only 17 of 300 American applicants were hired to work at the resort that Trump now calls the “Winter White House” or the “Southern White House.” Since 2010, Mar-a-Lago has obtained a total of 500 H-2B visas for seasonal foreign workers, according to The New Yorker.

The Trump Organization hired at least 1,260 foreign workers from 2001 to 2016, according to a CNN analysis. Trump appears to prefer foreign workers at his resorts who are female, young, attractive and with Romanian or South African accents that convey an “exotic appeal,” former workers told the network.

In order to obtain the H-2B visas required for non-agricultural workers, employers must prove that there are not enough Americans willing to do the work — which Trump has insisted is the case.

But in a similar situation last year, Mar-a-Lago apparently didn’t make much of an effort to find American workers. The Washington Post reported that the resort only placed two hard-to-find classified ads in tiny type for waiters, and provided no phone number or email information. Workers could apply only by fax or mail. The ads were posted a week after Mar-a-Lago asked the Labor Department for permission to hire 70 foreign workers, which was granted last November.

FULL:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-mar-lago-043638321.html

And they are all here legally.  Is that what people are pixxed about; that he hasn't hired illegals?

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:57am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:47am:
And they are all here legally.  Is that what people are pixxed about; that he hasn't hired illegals?

Quote:
And they are all here legally

Just because they're here legally?  Roll Eyes

No Crepe, the greatest immigration study ever recommended professional and skilled workers

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:05am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:57am:
Just because they're here legally?  Roll Eyes

No Crepe, the greatest immigration study ever recommended professional and skilled workers

Are you saying that it takes no skill to be a server which is what "waiters and waitresses" have been called for years now?  If you have an intention of being a good one, then it takes a bit of knowledge about the food on the menu, special instructions that might be needed for the customer, etc.  For example, if a customer has a food allergy, the customer need to know if that particular food is in the meal.   I know that from experience.  If the server doesn't have the information, then that server needs to be willing to ask the chef.

If I may say so, you seem to be a bit of a 'job snob'.   Grin

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:23am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:19am:
Are you saying that it takes no skill to be a server which is what "waiters and waitresses" have been called for years now?  If you have an intention of being a good one, then it takes a bit of knowledge about the food on the menu, special instructions that might be needed for the customer, etc.  For example, if a customer has a food allergy, the customer need to know if that particular food is in the meal.   I know that from experience.  If the server doesn't have the information, then that server needs to be willing to ask the chef.

If I may say so, you seem to be a bit of a 'job snob'.   Grin

Quote:
Are you saying that it takes no skill to be a server which is what "waiters and waitresses" have been called for years now?

For the most part no

What, you simply write down what they want? Grin  They simply check back with them to see if they need anything? You hand them their bill? Roll Eyes

Try again Crepe Roll Eyes

No, what the Trumper wants is Custodians , Dishwashers, cooks, Maids, Ground crews etc that our unemployed and what our young people should be doing
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:29am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Resort Files Request To Hire Foreign Workers — Again

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules