Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Remembering Scott
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Remembering Scott (Read 94 times)
billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Remembering Scott
Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
From Media Matters

Here are some of the scandals that Epshteyn downplayed:

Pruitt lied to senators about his use of a private email account.
An EPA appointee appeared to violate Trump's ethics order on lobbyists.
Pruitt met with oil executives at Trump’s D.C. hotel, then backed away from a regulation on oil companies.
Pruitt gave a Superfund job to a failed banker whose bank had given loans to Pruitt.
Pruitt's security team drew staff away from criminal investigations.
Pruitt spent about $43,000 on a private soundproof booth, violating federal spending law.
Pruitt spent $58,000 on charter and military flights.
Pruitt met with a mining CEO, then immediately started clearing the way for his proposed mine.
Pruitt made a costly trip to Morocco to promote natural gas.
The EPA hired a GOP opposition research firm whose VP had investigated EPA employees.
Pruitt spent $90,000 on first-class flights and other travel in a single week.
Pruitt flew luxury business class on a foreign airline.
Pruitt met with trucking executives, then preserved a loophole to benefit their company.
An EPA public affairs official was given the OK to do outside media consulting.
The EPA has not disclosed who those clients were.EPA awarded a bug-sweeping contract to a business associate of Pruitt’s head of security.
Almost half of EPA political appointees have strong industry ties.
Pruitt appointed the vice president of a polluting company to the EPA’s environmental justice advisory council.
EPA signed a research agreement with firm tied to GOP megadonor Sheldon Adelson.
EPA gave employees talking points based on Pruitt’s lukewarm climate denial.
Pruitt paid below-market rent for a condo co-owned by the wife of an energy lobbyist. Pruitt was late paying his rent and “overstayed his welcome” at the lobbyist-linked condo.
Pruitt's nominee to head Superfund program is lawyer with long record of defending polluting companies.
Taxpayers paid for Pruitt’s 24/7 security detail during his personal trips to Disneyland and the Rose Bowl.
EPA staff looked into the possibility of leasing a private jet for Pruitt’s travel.
The White House told Pruitt he could not give two of his closest aides a pay raise, but he used a loophole to do it anyway.
Pruitt may have violated ethics rules by having his aide research housing arrangements for his family.
Pruitt abused a little-known loophole in the Safe Drinking Water Act to hire loyalists and ex-lobbyists.Pruitt asked to use vehicle siren during non-emergency, reassigned staffer who objected.
EPA improperly paid for repair to Pruitt's condo door.
Pruitt reassigned and demoted EPA officials who questioned his spending.
EPA staffers questioned the justification for Pruitt’s round-the-clock security detail, and one was then fired.
As EPA head, Pruitt has met with dozens of his former campaign donors.
EPA staff were concerned about Pruitt’s misleading statements on emissions standards.
Pruitt upgraded to larger vehicle with bulletproof seat covers.
EPA spent $45,000 to fly aides to Australia in advance of a Pruitt trip that was later canceled.
Biometric locks were installed on his doors.
A top Pruitt staffer said that Pruitt asked her to perform personal tasks, including searching for a used Trump hotel mattress.
Pruitt tried to leverage his position to get his wife a Chick-fil-A franchise.
Pruitt reportedly "asked members of his 24/7 security detail to run errands for him on occasion, including picking up his dry cleaning and taking him in search of a favorite moisturizing lotion."
Pruitt had staffers book hotels and then never paid them back.
Whew.

And that list doesn't include Pruitt's Trump-like treatment of reporters.

The EPA's spokesperson literally wrote in an email that "Pruitt does not want open press" regarding a roundtable with a Senator from North Dakota.
An EPA spokesperson called police on North Dakota reporters trying to cover Pruitt event.
The EPA asked radio host not to take listener calls during interview with Pruitt.
The EPA terminated funding for a nonprofit newspaper after it reported that Trump's budget cuts would hurt the Chesapeake Bay.
The EPA attacked NY Times reporters in press release over a story about how the EPA disregarded the advice of agency scientists by refusing to ban a harmful pesticide after Pruitt met with farming industry executives.
The EPA attacked AP reporter in press release over a story on toxic sites flooding in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.
New York Times climate reporter Lisa Friedman recounted an instance in October when an EPA spokesperson gave her inaccurate information. The spokesman told her that 'it was not accurate' to say that Pruitt was going to make such an announcement.” Friedman then told the audience, “Except for it was absolutely accurate, and Fox News was invited.”
The EPA had police remove reporter from Pruitt event in Iowa.
The EPA told reporters to wait a year for responses to your FOIA requests. Pruitt also put the former treasurer of Pruitt's PAC in charge of EPA FOIA requests.
The EPA tried to prevent news outlets from covering Pruitt’s announcement of vehicle efficiency rollbacks.
The EPA blocked AP, CNN, E&E News, and Politico from attending a summit on water contaminants and had an AP reporter physically removed from the building.
Even a reporter for a conservative paper said that Pruitt's EPA put "extreme pressure" on him to "be their lickspittle." Other right-wing outlets were happy to do as much.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Remembering Scott
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Jaysus....  That bastard was as crooked as a dogs hind leg...  How did he last so long?

Oh....  Trump....

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:35pm
Print Post  

sure sounds like he belongs in prison!

so is Muller bringing a case & sending him to the toaster?

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
LOCK HIM UP!!!

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 10:41pm:
LOCK HIM UP!!!

I agree.
I also wonder (not really) why republicans didn't mind all this going on for so long.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:57am:
I agree.
I also wonder (not really) why republicans didn't mind all this going on for so long.
Probably the same reason you democrats gave Hillary a pass

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  
RWB wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:47am:
Probably the same reason you democrats gave Hillary a pass

Now if that ain't a good reason to support a crime - bu, bu, but Hillary.

WD-40 you out do yourself again.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Remembering Scott

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules