Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › shhh - don't let the children hear that word, or republicans disdain for democracy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) shhh - don't let the children hear that word, or republicans disdain for democracy (Read 466 times)
Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

LOCK HIM UP!

Re: shhh - don't let the children hear that word, or republicans disdain for democracy
Reply #30 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
This may help

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/09/23/what-di...

The entire basis of the founding principles of our country has its roots here.

It’s like you are trying to debate aeronautics without knowing gravity and forces exist.

Typically ignorant response.

The Declaration of Independence is a well written and fine document. But it has no legal authority. The Constitution is the legal document by which this nation is supposed to be governed.

And the Bill of Rights are simply the first ten amendments to the Constitution, which was designed to be a living document, changeable by The People as they see fit.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: shhh - don't let the children hear that word, or republicans disdain for democracy
Reply #31 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 9:51am:
I love it when people argue we are a republic and not a democracy. It's cute.

IF The United States was a democracy Hillary would be president, do you think she thinks it cute   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #32 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:00pm:
IF The United States was a democracy Hillary would be president, do you think she thinks it cute   Roll Eyes

I'm not sure that follows. She lost the election.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:34pm:
Typically ignorant response.

The Declaration of Independence is a well written and fine document. But it has no legal authority. The Constitution is the legal document by which this nation is supposed to be governed.

And the Bill of Rights are simply the first ten amendments to the Constitution, which was designed to be a living document, changeable by The People as they see fit.

So do you believe any and all rights you have as a human flow from other people in government?

Are there any rights you feel you should be entitled to? Any?

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
I'm not sure that follows. She lost the election.

simple, can you name a democracy where the candidate that gets the most votes loses the election?

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:38pm:
simple, can you name a democracy where the candidate that gets the most votes loses the election?

Switzerland is probably one of the only direct democracies in the world.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #36 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:38pm:

Sure. The United States.

I think you might be drawing too fine a line on what democracy means.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Senior Staffer6
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #37 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:18am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:40am:
Denying reality is dangerous, but so strange coming from someone who doesn't understand why the monuments were erected. Look there and who may be able to understand why they should be moved to a museum.

Taking down those monuments IS a denial of reality; such despicable revisionism is no different than the purges of Stalin. And I don't believe that you have a clue why those monuments were erected.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Senior Staffer6
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #38 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:43am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:43pm:
Sure. The United States.

I think you might be drawing too fine a line on what democracy means.

I think the correct way to say it is that we are not a direct democracy.

While we have tended more toward a direct democracy in the last 100+ years (the 17th amendment being one of the more despicable examples), we were established as a representative republic with direct democratic power being diluted by multiple layers of checks and balances.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:44am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:18am:
Taking down those monuments IS a denial of reality; such despicable revisionism is no different than the purges of Stalin. And I don't believe that you have a clue why those monuments were erected.

Jim crow

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › shhh - don't let the children hear that word, or republicans disdain for democracy

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules