Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why do libs here mostly refuse to debate issues?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why do libs here mostly refuse to debate issues? (Read 482 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Why do libs here mostly refuse to debate issues?
Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 2:49pm:
I love your "fact" about the percentage of people in the United States that actually owned slaves..  My personal favorite.

Greg

There are a few stats here

- the percentage of blacks in Africa as a percent of whites who captured and sold black slaves to Europeans and the americas

- the percent of whites in America, post 1776, who owned black slaves

- the percentage of blacks in America who owned black slaves post 1776

- countries and races today that still practice slavery and and human trafficking. Who are they?

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:21pm:
There are a few stats here

- the percentage of blacks in Africa as a percent of whites who captured and sold black slaves to Europeans and the americas

- the percent of whites in America, post 1776, who owned black slaves

- the percentage of blacks in America who owned black slaves post 1776

- countries and races today that still practice slavery and and human trafficking. Who are they?

Do you feel the black race is inferior to the white race? Stu does and I am curious what your take is. Please state your opinion for the record. Are whites a fundamentally superior race and blacks an inferior race?

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:55pm by Vypr »  

RWB wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:32am:
Trump's an idiot everyone knows that

RWB wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I believe without a doubt Donald Trump is a sexual harasser

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
Do you feel the black race is inferior to the white race? Stu does and I am curious what your take is. Please state your opinion for the record. Are whites a fundamentally superior race and blacks an inferior race?

Of course not. I do get extremely frustrated when some continue to talk about slavery as an “exclusive” white America thing, in the context of our evil past. I’d like to believe most all agree no human should own another. It’s horriffic.

Go to places like Bermuda, which is mostly all black and I’d consider that a model place with model people. Great economy, safe, vibrant, proud, very low unemployment etc.

Blacks in America have great leaders. Ursula from xerox, Ben Carson etc. at the same time, in America, many have glorified the gang culture, dads having kids and not raising them etc.

I also can’t stand white skinheads or thugs of white guys that don’t raise their kids.

There is a massive difference between profiling, stereotypes and racism. Racism is strictly a belief that one race is inherently better than another race, due to genetics or just natural inherent reasons.

If you cite data, that is not racism, especially if in the context of trying to solve a problem.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #13 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm:

The moment we start talking about "blacks" and "whites" as a class of people, we're engaging in race based thinking. We're being racists.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #14 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:16pm:
There is a massive difference between profiling, stereotypes and racism. Racism is strictly a belief that one race is inherently better than another race, due to genetics or just natural inherent reasons.

If you cite data, that is not racism, especially if in the context of trying to solve a problem.

The moment we start talking about "blacks" and "whites" as a class of people, we're engaging in race based thinking. We're being racists.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:19pm:

How do you feel about “black entertainment tv” or the various awards at the Grammys, emmys etc “best black new artist” etc.

Those are not “white created” themes, businesses and titles/awards.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #16 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
How do you feel about “black entertainment tv” or the various awards at the Grammys, emmys etc “best black new artist” etc.

Doesn't bother me but I do think there is an element of racism there.

Quote:
Those are not “white created” themes, businesses and titles/awards.

No doubt.

Racism is not a "white" invention. Of course, even saying such a thing strikes me as racist.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:28pm:
Doesn't bother me but I do think there is an element of racism there.

No doubt.

Racism is not a "white" invention. Of course, even saying such a thing strikes me as racist.

I believe, and I may be wrong, that an element of racism is one must be in the majority. I may be wrong here.

My point is I have no problem with these things I mentioned. Heck there are dating sites like meetblackpeople and blackcupid. I have no issue with this. There are Irish American clubs and English pubs etc.

My point is you can’t make great efforts to separate yourself out as a group, and then get upset when people use those same groupings to highlight stats. Whether that’s the percent in the nba or the percent of crime committed or percent with no dad around.

We profile xxy males for serial killers, who are always white. That’s not a bad thing, it’s statistically significant.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
I believe, and I may be wrong, that an element of racism is one must be in the majority. I may be wrong here.

My point is I have no problem with these things I mentioned. Heck there are dating sites like meetblackpeople and blackcupid. I have no issue with this. There are Irish American clubs and English pubs etc.

My point is you can’t make great efforts to separate yourself out as a group, and then get upset when people use those same groupings to highlight stats. Whether that’s the percent in the nba or the percent of crime committed or percent with no dad around.

We profile xxy males for serial killers, who are always white. That’s not a bad thing, it’s statistically significant.

Yes, you are correct.  You can have racist thoughts like stu and patty.  But for racism to be a part of the culture or society you live in, you either have to be the majority or have the most  societal power.  Jim Crow and Apartheid or good examples 

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:34pm:

In my view, majority or minority status is not relevant. What is relevant is whether we view people through the lens of race.

I also don't have a problem with the things you mentioned. They are examples of people consciously choosing to associate together, for what ever reason.

In my mind, this is different from what racists do. Racists tend to lump people they don't know together in a class, as if "blacks" or "whites" were all the same, or shared some innate traits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Why do libs here mostly refuse to debate issues?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules