Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Religious Freedom .. .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Religious Freedom .. . (Read 373 times)
Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Re: Religious Freedom .. .
Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 1:58pm:
The point of Fiddle-de-de's post is that religion is bad. 

Bad??  Mostly for sure but more of a crutch .. an unnecessary burden on humanity ..

He doesn't believe so he doesn't want to allow anyone else to believe in God, so he occasionally mocks them.  .

You believe that Islam is false.. Judaism is false.. Buddhism is false ..   

You believe all religions are false except one .. 

I just have one more false religion on my list than you do..

Never, ever, does he give credit to God.

Can't give credit to something that doesn't exist..

I do figure that if it's okay for others to practice Sharia Law, then what the heck.  Keep it out of the court system.

Remember when I said  .. .
"I just have one more false religion on my list than you do.."

I have at least one more set of religious laws to keep out of our court system than you.

If we can kill babies at 8 months in the womb,

You just can't stop yourself from lying.. can you ?

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:12pm
Print Post  

isn't the real question were these sincerely held religious beliefs?

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:46am:
'Faith healing' parents plead guilty in newborn's death

Two members of an Oregon church that shuns traditional medicine in favor of prayer and anointing the sick with oils pleaded guilty Monday to negligent homicide and criminal mistreatment in the death of their newborn daughter, who struggled to breathe for hours as family and friends prayed over her but did not seek medical care.

Sarah Mitchell and her husband, Travis Lee Mitchell, had originally been charged with murder by neglect and criminal mistreatment in the 2017 death of the premature baby. They each were sentenced to almost seven years in prison, with credit for 13 months in custody awaiting trial and credit for good behavior.

It marked the fifth criminal case in Clackamas County, south of Portland, involving the death of a child from the religious community known as the Followers of Christ Church. Several members have been convicted of crimes for failing to seek medical care for their children, including Sarah Mitchell’s sister and brother-in-law.

----

Religious freedom or time for some Jasmine style justice?   

I would say that church is more of a cult. You have to be pretty ignorant not to know what our medical people can do. Real Christians would call for medical help, and then pray that all works well.  God helps those that help themselves. So do all you can and pray you will be successful.
Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:41pm
Print Post  

thats the thing about religion, not everyone believes the way that you do & you have no right to say which is right & which is not.
you know freedom of religion and all  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
This whole thread reveal the hypocrisy of the left. They espouse freedom, etc. as long as it’s their version.

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:07am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:59pm:
This whole thread reveal the hypocrisy of the left. They espouse freedom, etc. as long as it’s their version.

That was truly a wonderfully wacky and emotional post Pee..  So please be so kind as to answer a simple question.. 

Do you support the young couple's religious freedom when it results in the suffering and death of their child?

Note: Pee.. That question is relevant to the OP..  It is not an invitation to discuss abortion..  We can if you'd like but only following your yes or no answer..

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Semi-Omnipotent wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
I'm waiting to hear from the Seawolfs about how the court in this case infringed on the parent's right of religious freedom..

Didn't they?

Seawolf is at his safe place Grin

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:16am
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 10:59pm:

Weird coming from someone who just said on another thread that we have zero right to privacy from the government.

Weird.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:13am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:16am:
Weird coming from someone who just said on another thread that we have zero right to privacy from the government.

Weird.

Pls post the link / quote where I wrote that

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Interesting how badly Fiddler and Luther want to bait me on this subject.  The thread has no bearing what so ever on the Christian faith.  You point to an anomaly and stereotype everyone of the Christian faith just solely for your agenda, you both know that of course.

Can God heal?  Absolutely and my wife and I experienced that with our newborn 5 years ago.  Diagnosed with multiple strokes of the brain and a cyst the diagnosis was not good.  There is little they can do that would have spared him of serious complications if not death.  We prayed as did our church for this child of ours and God healed him.

How do I know it was not the doctors?  Because there is little to nothing they can do short of brain surgery.  Our child miraculously recovered, even the doctors admit it was miraculous and without ANY complications.  He is a normal 5 year old with no side affects.

I have no doubt many will try and explain this away, but the doctors own words revealed their surprise to his recovery.  Vastly different then the story you presented, we were open to anything the doctors could do for our child but we knew the risks.

So no, not every story is like what you present as typical of our faith and yes, God does heal.  We were prepared for the worst, but by God's grace, nothing more, he healed our child.  So, my faith is firmly rooted in my God and nothing will alter what he has done for us.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Religious Freedom .. .

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules