Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Should you be able to smoke in your own home?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Should you be able to smoke in your own home? (Read 797 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Should you be able to smoke in your own home?
Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:24am
Print Post  
From foxnews.com:

Quote:
Increasingly in the U.S., disputes between neighbors are becoming matters of smokers versus non-smokers.

One recent example: Smoking was banned in a Minnesota condo building last year -- until smokers took control of the board earlier this year and voted to overturn the ban.

The issue has pitted neighbor against neighbor in the Gallery Tower, a 40-year-old condo in St. Paul, the Star Tribune of Minneapolis reported.

“We’re divided into parties now, and it’s so emotional,” said Bianca Fazio, a nonsmoker who has lived in the building since 2000, told the newspaper.

“At the crux of this is basically a homeowners’ rights issue,” countered smoker Marge Romero, who’s lived at Gallery Tower for 19 years.

“You ought to be able to live your life in the confines of your own home,” said Romero, who was elected to the building's board in January.

Nonsmokers say secondhand smoke is destroying their quality of life, while smokers see their home as the “last place they’re allowed to puff,” the report said.

Last summer, the Gallery Tower board voted for a smoking ban to take effect in April of this year. But those opposing the ban were elected in January and voted to rescind it in February.

“It’s stunning to me that there’s a public vote to go smoking, in this day and age,” condo resident Jeff Tentinger told the Star Tribune.

Full article: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/07/11/battles-between-smokers-nonsmokers-may-...

What do you think?

If I were on the Board, I would vote to allow smoking within the units. It’s not like cigarettes are illegal. Then again, I’m completely in favor of allowing all private individuals and businesses the ability whether to allow smoking on their premises or not.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Rabbit_Reborn
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

2015 Poster of the Year.
Election stolen 2016.

Re: Should you be able to smoke in your own home?
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:31am
Print Post  
For a condominium or home-owners association, it should simply be established up front, ideally before the first resident makes purchase of one of the units. Then everybody knows who is buying a home what the rules of the association are. These rules, and others like them, should be clearly defined at that point to no longer be up for debate or democratic process.

They become the homeowner’s rights. Otherwise, beware of purchasing a home where the property rights are subject to the whims of the majority.

Wadsworth wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
You are awfully concerned about who gets to live.  Why is it so important to you?

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:31am:
For a condominium or home-owners association, it should simply be established up front, ideally before the first resident makes purchase of one of the units. Then everybody knows who is buying a home what the rules of the association are. These rules, and others like them, should be clearly defined at that point to no longer be up for debate or democratic process.

They become the homeowner’s rights. Otherwise, beware of purchasing a home where the property rights are subject to the whims of the majority.

Are people free to poison their own kids?

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:48am
Print Post  
mr crepe smokes a cigar after lunch and one after dinner when we're at home.  He smokes them on our screened in back porch.  We live in a subdivision that I guess believes in each family having the right to make any decisions needed on his own property.  Never has been a complaint from anyone, nor should there be.  My choice is not to even sit outside with him.  It's too dang hot, and I don't like the smell of the cigar smoke.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:56am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:48am:
mr crepe smokes a cigar after lunch and one after dinner when we're at home.  He smokes them on our screened in back porch.  We live in a subdivision that I guess believes in each family having the right to make any decisions needed on his own property.  Never has been a complaint from anyone, nor should there be.  My choice is not to even sit outside with him.  It's too dang hot, and I don't like the smell of the cigar smoke.

I hope you haven't sold the rights for this story yet...

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:58am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:56am:
I hope you haven't sold the rights for this story yet...

Huh?  What the heck are you talking about?

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:01am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:58am:
Huh?  What the heck are you talking about?

That you must be immune to boredom because you should have died of it a long time ago.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:09am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:01am:
That you must be immune to boredom because you should have died of it a long time ago.

And yet you keep responding to me.

BTW, do you believe that people shoule have the right to smoke a legal product in their own home?  That is what the thread is supposed to be about.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:24am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:48am:

Silly question for you or anyone else who might know: Are cigars more or less hazardous to your health than cigarettes - or are they exactly the same?

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:28am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:09am:
And yet you keep responding to me.

BTW, do you believe that people shoule have the right to smoke a legal product in their own home?  That is what the thread is supposed to be about.

The delusion is to think that when you live in a condo you are in your own home, you're not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Should you be able to smoke in your own home?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules