Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › An Arkansas man complained about police abuse. Then town officials ruined his life.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) An Arkansas man complained about police abuse. Then town officials ruined his life. (Read 232 times)
Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: An Arkansas man complained about police abuse. Then town officials ruined his life.
Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
What rules need to be changed?  The only rule I see that needs to be changed is that any asshole who wants to be a policeman shouldn't be.

Interesting notion.

Maybe something like jury service, or a draft; do your civic duty as part of the polity, with exclusion based penalties for refusers.

Hmmm. ......

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: An Arkansas man complained about police abuse. Then town officials ruined his life.
Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Interesting notion.

Maybe something like jury service, or a draft; do your civic duty as part of the polity, with exclusion based penalties for refusers.

Hmmm. ......

No, the exact opposite.  Like working for the FBI.  You should be thoroughly investigated before you CAN BE HIRED.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
Yes there is a problem.  The wrong kind of people are being hired.

No, they're being trained wrong.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Spectacular Eric.
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Erik stole my lunch money

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
I think this happens more than we know. The problem is more often than not these unfortunate actions are drowned out by politics and racism.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Spectacular Eric. wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
I think this happens more than we know. The problem is more often than not these unfortunate actions are drowned out by politics and racism.

Yes, and media selection. If its some dumb redneck nobody will care.

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
I hate to put it this way TL, but I will.  This is how Black people get killed by law enforcement officers.  This happens every day to a person of color. 

Greg

Greg. Unfortunately the black race here in America because of the (D) party enabling them to grow up without an education, 70% unwed mothers, no fathers in the house and the kids grow up in gangs and more become criminals. 13% of the population and they commit as many crimes as the larger number of white criminals. Why Greg? That life style has to stop. It is much better now than 30 years ago, but still bad. Those men and women have got to give the kids a family. And I am sure with a family and education there will be a lot less black crime. Don’t blame the cops. Their lives are in danger every day protecting you and me.
Of adults in 2001 who had ever served time in prison, nearly as many
were black (2,166,000) as were white (2,203,000). An estimated 997,000
were Hispanic.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 10:27pm:
No, they're being trained wrong.

You guys know nothing of a cop’s day. I have family that are cops, I know quite a few cops and they are good people. They go to work every day, and almost every day they confront some criminal or trouble maker. The only time they’re called is for help. Something bad is going down. My cop nephew in New Haven Connecticut told me almost every day he has to take his gun out because the trouble maker will not do as he says. They will not take their hands out of their pockets if you tell them ten times, you  have to point a gun at them to make them listen. Many times they take a swing at you, or try and kick then run. One nephew suffered a bad knee injury, surgery. I have a brother in law that is a cop. He has been whacked a few times, broken middle finger, broken ankle, and in a snow storm directing traffic because there was no power and the lights not working, a car slid in the snow and hit him, broken leg. Nice job huh.  A friend of ours chasing a black man that robed a store, and the guy started shooting at the cop. The cop shot back and killed him, but guess what, it was winter, and the cop had a bullet hole in the sleeve of his coat. He was almost killed too. How about you, want a job. Piece of cake every day.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #17 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:44pm:
You guys know nothing of a cop’s day. I have family that are cops, I know quite a few cops and they are good people. They go to work every day, and almost every day they confront some criminal or trouble maker. The only time they’re called is for help. Something bad is going down. My cop nephew in New Haven Connecticut told me almost every day he has to take his gun out because the trouble maker will not do as he says. They will not take their hands out of their pockets if you tell them ten times, you  have to point a gun at them to make them listen. Many times they take a swing at you, or try and kick then run. One nephew suffered a bad knee injury, surgery. I have a brother in law that is a cop. He has been whacked a few times, broken middle finger, broken ankle, and in a snow storm directing traffic because there was no power and the lights not working, a car slid in the snow and hit him, broken leg. Nice job huh.  A friend of ours chasing a black man that robed a store, and the guy started shooting at the cop. The cop shot back and killed him, but guess what, it was winter, and the cop had a bullet hole in the sleeve of his coat. He was almost killed too. How about you, want a job. Piece of cake every day.

Smiley

You guys? I was talking about training. They're talking about enjoyment of shooting a black person like they do it for fun.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:17pm:
I don't think that's it.

We have a problem with politics but it also won't be solved by putting the "right" people in power.

People respond to incentives. I think we need to overhaul the incentives and rules police work under. There in lies the problem.

Unless we change the rules we won't get very far in solving this problem, in my view.

Tl you are spot on regarding incentives. Quick story. I had a firearm stolen from my home about 10 years ago. A filed a report etc. six months later the feds catch a couple guys running guns to Haiti. They recovered my gun and tracked me down. ( a while other story)

They asked why I never reported it stolen. I said I did have them case number etc. it was never entered by the local police.

The local police recd incentives based on reducing crime. As a result the would under report crime. I complained and they said they just lost the file for my case.

Years later, a man was shot in his driveway, gang style. Broad daylight. Turns out it’s the dad of the two brothers who are in jail.

I read tbe new story and the local police say it’s pure random, no connection to any crime etc. I write to tbe chief, mayor, counccil, basically letting them know what idiots they are. His two kids are in federal prison. One of the shooters was caught and claimed he used to buy guns from the dad and sons (illegally).

The police, in the same article claimed this man is lying no evidence of any family wrongdoing.

The incentives created a situation where you had a very corrupt method of reporting crime. Or not reporting crime.

I wrote the reporter who wrote the story with my info. He said he couldn’t make any of it public as he’d get shut out from future police access.

Shameful and despicable.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #19 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:44pm:

Smiley

everyday??? this story is either BS or he is very poor at deescalation & as well at his job.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › An Arkansas man complained about police abuse. Then town officials ruined his life.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules