Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will Trump destroy NATO?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will Trump destroy NATO? (Read 787 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Will Trump destroy NATO?
Reply #20 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:22pm:
So YOU are ok with being the ATM for the world?  We are 20 trillion in debt and you are crying that Trump is trying to establish a fairness in the cost being shared by all parties rather then you and I having our money poured into nations who seem to have no interest in self-defense.

If they had no interest in self defense or any other defense, they wouldn't be sending troops, arms, supplies and equipment to support US after Sept 11.  Not one of these countries was attacked that day, but they upheld their part of the NATO charter to supported US.  Many have DIED.  It ain't about money, it's about allies.  Allies that stand against Putin and Russia.  Putin knows this.  That's why he's got your savior, Trump in there.

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
More bullshit.  NATO is a US creation.  It was formed to unite the European democracies to defend against the spread of communism.  The "leader" of NATO rotates between countries.  Again, we have thousands of troops stationed in Europe and so do the members of NATO.  We fight TOGETHER.  I should know.

Greg

And they are supposed to pay their dues just like we do. I am tired of the BS sending our men to die for countries that are no better than the bums we have here on the dole. The time has come for all to exert their best to be able to survive without our people and money. Either that, or our government runs the whole damn world our way. End of story.

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #22 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:22pm:
So YOU are ok with being the ATM for the world?

The question is how do you get NATO members to increase spending. This isn't a new U.S. concern, and Trump's complaints aren't really going to add anything to prior Presidential complaints other than being more vociferous. So, how do you get them to that 2 percent of GDP mark?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
The question is how do you get NATO members to increase spending. This isn't a new U.S. concern, and Trump's complaints aren't really going to add anything to prior Presidential complaints other than being more vociferous. So, how do you get them to that 2 percent of GDP mark?

Trump was floating 4% today.

Greg

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  

We should probably pull out of NATO.  Fought in three of their wars in the 20th century.  They have a bigger combined GDP than the US.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm:
If they had no interest in self defense or any other defense, they wouldn't be sending troops, arms, supplies and equipment to support US after Sept 11.  Not one of these countries was attacked that day, but they upheld their part of the NATO charter to supported US.  Many have DIED.  It ain't about money, it's about allies.  Allies that stand against Putin and Russia.  Putin knows this.  That's why he's got your savior, Trump in there.

Greg
Again, alligator tears, we have shed enough blood and resources and it is PAST DUE for these nations to uphold their agreement.  End of story.  Your pissing and moaning over a ridiculous point simply and ONLY because you hate Trump.  That is all this is anymore.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #26 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm:
And they are supposed to pay their dues just like we do. I am tired of the BS sending our men to die for countries that are no better than the bums we have here on the dole. The time has come for all to exert their best to be able to survive without our people and money. Either that, or our government runs the whole damn world our way. End of story.

Smiley

I don't recall the US sending our troops to die for them.  On the other hand, they have sent troops to die for us.

Greg

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
Again, alligator tears, we have shed enough blood and resources and it is PAST DUE for these nations to uphold their agreement.  End of story.  Your pissing and moaning over a ridiculous point simply and ONLY because you hate Trump.  That is all this is anymore.

That's because your savior, Trump wants to break up NATO for Putin.

Greg

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:27pm:

Let's wait and see but to be honest, I do not think it was ever ANY President's concern to get NATO to pay their agreed upon share.  This also falls in line with unfair tariffs and unfair trade agreements.  I would LOVE to see what all of these has cost you and I in the long run.  I have no problems with attempting to realign the costs sharing since we carry the burden of it all, do you?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Semi-Omnipotent
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #29 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:28pm:

I love the way you're being forced to defend Trump's idiotic policies ..  The hypocrisy is so apparent ..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Will Trump destroy NATO?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules