Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Do you agree with this statement?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Do you agree with this statement? (Read 112 times)
Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Do you agree with this statement?
Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
"America should prioritize its sovereignty, security and general welfare over that of all other nations. We should put our needs and desires above that of our global neighbors. 'America First' isn't just a campaign promise or slogan; it should be our nation's basic premise."

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Do you agree with this statement?
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:26pm:
"America should prioritize its sovereignty, security and general welfare over that of all other nations. We should put our needs and desires above that of our global neighbors. 'America First' isn't just a campaign promise or slogan; it should be our nation's basic premise."

Nice not to have friends in the world.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:59pm
Print Post  

No. A great nation is more than just a self-interested actor. Canada, for instance, is a much better nation than Saudi Arabia because it does not start a bunch of proxy wars that bring suffering to its neighbors.

More to the point. Trump is in the process destroying a bunch of institutions that America has spent years creating. America did not create these institutions out of altruism. They serve America's strategic interests.

If you look carefully, you will see China is spending a lot of money trying to mimic these types of institutions, and it's not out of altruism.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  

Basically OK, with the understanding that such goals can be furthered with alliances.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  

I realize that you aren't much on history, but America First came and went in utter failure about 75 years ago.
But Hitler was a real fan.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
I've always heard that a mom needs to take care of herself in order to best take care of her family...I've also head that charity begins at home...

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:07pm:
I realize that you aren't much on history, but America First came and went in utter failure about 75 years ago.
But Hitler was a real fan.

Jasmine might be the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

They seem to think alike.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:59pm:
No. A great nation is more than just a self-interested actor. Canada, for instance, is a much better nation than Saudi Arabia because it does not start a bunch of proxy wars that bring suffering to its neighbors.

More to the point. Trump is in the process destroying a bunch of institutions that America has spent years creating. America did not create these institutions out of altruism. They serve America's strategic interests.

If you look carefully, you will see China is spending a lot of money trying to mimic these types of institutions, and it's not out of altruism.

The statement in the OP isn't suggesting that America shouldn't be altruistic. It is saying that it should put itself first (before all other countries). I think you can do both.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:59pm:

Exactly exactly exactly.

NATO has a primary goal, for the US, of bolstering America’s position by assuring liberal democracy.

The nightmare of 1940, that the US and Canada could become the only democracies on Earth (and thus inevitably succumb) is alive in some wise minds.

Keeping a prudent insurance against weakening in the democratic experiments of Eastern Europe is rock solid good sense for America.

Your financial preeminence and ridiculously large military assure this, and keep the preening, self congratulatory story you tell yourselves going.

Every American who whines about the German defence budget is an American who hasn’t thought it through.

That’s just NATO of course.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
The statement in the OP isn't suggesting that America shouldn't be altruistic. It is saying that it should put itself first (before all other countries). I think you can do both.

Certainly.

But myopic pricks with no sense of history can’t grasp that self interest isn’t the same as selfishness nor isolationism.

American isolationism in living memory was a terrible mistake.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Do you agree with this statement?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules