Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - what percent of NATO does the US pay to defend Europe?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - what percent of NATO does the US pay to defend Europe? (Read 1,427 times)
admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Re: - what percent of NATO does the US pay to defend Europe?
Reply #100 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
- the US spends 69% of the NATO expense - is that fair?

- why do Democrats defend that over spending military expense to the advantage of Europe and disadvantage of the US?

- is it Democrats anti-American bias?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #101 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:18pm:

- why do Democrats defend that over spending military expense to the advantage of Europe and disadvantage of the US?

It is about Trump

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #102 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:00pm:
No you are simply dodging.  You are here because you hate Trump, and this thread is all about that.

And another strawman.

Quote:
You do not wish to engage in an honest dialogue of what all of our spending for NATO, NAFTA, and Tariffs are costing us.  It cost us money and it is not cheap.

I’ve been talking about NATO costs since I first posted in this thread. You keep ignoring the content of those posts and trying to shift the debate because you either can’t or won’t address the points raised.

« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:26pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #103 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:20pm:
And another strawman.

I’ve been talking about NATO costs since I first posted in this thread. You keep ignoring the content of those posts and trying to shift the debate because you either can’t or won’t address the points raised.

I explained earlier what Trump is doing in the big scheme of things as a former CEO.  You want to focus on the blade of grass and I am trying to say he is looking at our overall spending on issues like NATO, NAFTA and tariffs.  If all were combined I would bet we are talking in the trillions of unfair behavior of our allies.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #104 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  

Where did you get that 69% figure? Out of  your ass?

It's not true. The USA abides by the 2% of GDP for its share of global defense spending - as agreed upon with NATO. It also funds 22% of non-defense related NATO expenses, again this is by agreement based on national economy etc. Germany, for example, pays over 14% of that expense. The total budget for these non-defense expenses is... $8 Billion. A small fraction of the US defense budget.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #105 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
This thread is an anti-Trump thread with no desire to ACTUALLY assess the cost of all these subjects to you and I out of our pockets and lining the Euros.  Oh, I forgot the GW treaty Obama failed to get ratified but mandated.  Add up what those costs are and I think, that is if you honest, you would have to agree we are getting soaked as taxpayers.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #106 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  

Ulysses wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
Where did you get that 69% figure? Out of  your ass?

It's not true.

While NATO members increased overall defense spending in 2017, for a second consecutive year, the United States was still largely outspending all other members.

The United States spent more than 3.5% of its GDP on defense in 2017, or about $685 billion, according to a NATO report. While that is down from more than $740 billion in 2011, it’s still well above the outlay of all other members. In 2017, the U.S. is estimated to have spent more than 69% of the cumulative total.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #107 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:33pm:
This thread is an anti-Trump thread with no desire to ACTUALLY assess the cost of all these subjects to you and I out of our pockets and lining the Euros.  Oh, I forgot the GW treaty Obama failed to get ratified but mandated.  Add up what those costs are and I think, that is if you honest, you would have to agree we are getting soaked as taxpayers.

So you are accusing Admin of starting an anti-Trump thread? Roll Eyes

AFAIK, global warming is not related to NATO funding.

You continue to ape Trump's willful ignorance about how NATO operates. It's a mutual assistance arrangement, not a country club. There are no "dues".

LOL.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #108 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:39pm:
So you are accusing Admin of starting an anti-Trump thread? Roll Eyes

AFAIK, global warming is not related to NATO funding.

You continue to ape Trump's willful ignorance about how NATO operates. It's a mutual assistance arrangement, not a country club. There are no "dues".

LOL.

No, I see a troll l when he posts and you are a troll.  Wink Cool  LOL

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #109 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 2:31pm:
I explained earlier what Trump is doing in the big scheme of things as a former CEO.

Which is what?  

Quote:
You want to focus on the blade of grass and I am trying to say he is looking at our overall spending on issues like NATO, NAFTA and tariffs.  If all were combined I would bet we are talking in the trillions of unfair behavior of our allies.

When I ask about NATO spending/costs, you try to shift the debate to this. Or you want to ask my position about Bush's spending. Or Obama's. Rather than addressing the points and concerns raised about NATO spending and how that actually impacts our costs.

How about we actually have an honest discussion about that in which you actually address the issues/concerns raised: namely that increasing spending means nothing for our costs if the spending isn't directed towards actual hardware, etc. That 2 percent mark doesn't mean much if the spending isn't being directed towards things which allow us to actually reduce our spending (presumably in order to keep NATO doing what it's doing).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - what percent of NATO does the US pay to defend Europe?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules