Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Historical & Scientific Proof of Jesus' Resurrection
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Historical & Scientific Proof of Jesus' Resurrection (Read 1,834 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Historical & Scientific Proof of Jesus' Resurrection
Reply #60 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Ok so if in a hundred years we manage faster than light travel, Robert Heinlen, Arthur C Clarke, Joe Haldemann and Poul Anderson are prophets rather than sci fi writers.

Got it.

Edited

We're almost there. I often travel light.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #61 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Limey, I apologize for removing that section.  I had a lapse and thought this was the Christian forum.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:52pm:
Limey, I apologize for removing that section.  I had a lapse and thought this was the Christian forum.

Wow, you even removed the post where I told you so.

You have a sickness, boy.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #63 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
"Air travel" is not much of a prophecy.  Land and sea travel had already been achieved, and anyone can see other beings traveling through the air.  Plenty of mythologies spoke of supernatural beings (and even some people) who could travel through the air.

Now, if you predicted powered flight in North Carolina in the early 1900s 2500 years before it happened, that's a prophecy.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #64 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:54pm:
Sure, son.

Wow, you even removed the post where I told you so.

You have a sickness, boy.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #65 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 9:07pm:
"Air travel" is not much of a prophecy. 

Wow  Shocked  So a prophecy overlapped by other prophecies which all fulfilled in perfect sequence of chronology in which air travel was also prophesied is no big thing? You're being totally unreasonable. But that's atheism for ya.

Land and sea travel had already been achieved, and anyone can see other beings traveling through the air.  Plenty of mythologies spoke of supernatural beings (and even some people) who could travel through the air.

The prophecy has nothing to do with aliens. Show me in the context where such an interpretation is even allowable. You won't be able to because the entire passage is about human beings, and they are traveling long distances by land, sea and air! I've broken down the prophecy very well and even prepared to tackle much tougher objections to the prophecy. Biblical prophecy was not astrology. A Prophet that falsely spoke for God was executed. Yeah, the Jews sawed Isaiah in half accusing him of being a false prophet until they realized his prophecies were true and now Isaiah is probably the most important of all the major Prophets in Judaism then and now.
There is not hint of alien activity in the passage. Ezekiel is a different discussion, but this Isaiah passage has nothing to do with aliens or supernatural creatures. It deals solely with human life.

Now, if you predicted powered flight in North Carolina in the early 1900s 2500 years before it happened, that's a prophecy.

Who said God revealed dates? Isaiah never had dates to the fulfillment of prophecy. But what is reveal is clear enough that the first time I read it I knew instantly what was being said there.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #66 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Nothing you said had anything to do with what I wrote.  Walls of gibberish aren't arguments.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #67 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 8:01pm:
Nothing you said had anything to do with what I wrote.  Walls of gibberish aren't arguments.

Funny how you try so hard to downplay such a major prophecy which has profound impact in modern times. You say the prophecy is no big deal which is absurdly ridiculous! We are talking about the invention and use of air travel 2600 years before it actually happen. The prophecy could not be fulfilled unless the Messiah is raised from the dead. The gentile nations also had to come to the light of this Jewish Messiah before other parts of the prophecy would become valid. You are simply forcing yourself to live in denial which is what atheists do.

I could not get myself to live that way. I think I'd end up dying of a stroke or heart attacking trying to cover up facts every single day of my life. No way I could ever be an atheist. That is too hard of a job description for me to handle. I love truth and don't deny anything that is true. I am free to believe all things that are true.

Quote:
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things" (Philippians 4:8).

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #68 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:57am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:26am:
Funny how you try so hard to downplay such a major prophecy which has profound impact in modern times.

There is no prophecy in the bible.  Clouds are not airplanes. 

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #69 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:57am:
There is no prophecy in the bible.  Clouds are not airplanes. 

Are you not intelligent enough to understand how an ancient man might compare something flying in the air to clouds or birds? Show me in the verse where Isaiah says clouds are planes:

Quote:
But what are these that fle here like the cloudes, and as the doues flyenge to their wyndowes?

Looks to me like he's describing how planes fly like the clouds...but not saying planes are cloud.

You simply are one of those people who need their GED! If you cannot understand this then you need to take courses on reading and comprehension.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Historical & Scientific Proof of Jesus' Resurrection

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules