Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › On Religion, what Do You believe?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On Religion, what Do You believe? (Read 1,847 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: On Religion, what Do You believe?
Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:48am:
Not much

Well, then, suffice it to say that a fundamental rule of Quantum Mechanics has played an important part in how I got here.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
I'm a Weak Non-Religious Atheist.  Like all other atheists, I don't believe in the existence of a god or gods.

A Strong Atheist believes it's logically impossible for a god or gods to exist.  A Weak Atheist believes it's possible but hasn't been convinced that any do.

I don't think it's logically impossible for a god to exist, but I haven't been convinced that one does.  So I am a Weak Atheist.

I also put Non-Religious here because there are religious movements that work with humanity's capacity for spiritual thinking & feeling but do not have specific beliefs about the divine.  For example, there are non-theist Quakers, Unitarian Universalists, and Secular Buddhists; I don't belong to any of those, so I specify Non-Religious as well as Atheist.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. 燨f course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:33pm:
I'm a Weak Non-Religious Atheist.聽 Like all other atheists, I don't believe in the existence of a god or gods.

A Strong Atheist believes it's logically impossible for a god or gods to exist.聽 A Weak Atheist believes it's possible but hasn't been convinced that any do.

I don't think it's logically impossible for a god to exist, but I haven't been convinced that one does.聽 So I am a Weak Atheist.

I also put Non-Religious here because there are religious movements that work with humanity's capacity for spiritual thinking & feeling but do not have specific beliefs about the divine.聽 For example, there are non-theist Quakers, Unitarian Universalists, and Secular Buddhists; I don't belong to any of those, so I specify Non-Religious as well as Atheist.

Pretty much the same here, although I have a strange draw towards the Church of England.

It's a very broad Church but can't - quite - accept an atheist.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #13 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
It's a very broad Church but can't - quite - accept an atheist.

I know this sounds like trolling, but I genuinely believe that less than half of COE's clergy believes in God.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. 燨f course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 7:02am:
So was there a Jesus in your opinion?聽 I am assuming as a deist you are claiming that there is some sort of higher power.

Quote:
So was there a Jesus in your opinion?

Of course there was. A man

Just like Mohammed , a man

Just like Joseph Smith , a man

Quote:
I am assuming as a deist you are claiming that there is some sort of higher power

Yep

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un路known quan路ti路ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 6:27am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:02pm:
Well, then, suffice it to say that a fundamental rule of Quantum Mechanics has played an important part in how I got here.

Long story short, please explain?

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un路known quan路ti路ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 6:25am:
Of course there was. A man

Just like Mohammed , a man

Just like Joseph Smith , a man

Yep

That's interesting, even the Koran seem to state he was unlike any other man.  So what led you from the faith?.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:14am:
That's interesting, even the Koran seem to state he was unlike any other man.聽 So what led you from the faith?.

Quote:
That's interesting, even the Koran seem to state he was unlike any other man

Oh another "Book" written by man? Roll Eyes

You just completed a circle

Quote:
So what led you from the faith

Money, pastor Hypocrisy, the broken record in church sermons. Growing up and educating myself as well Wink

un路known quan路ti路ty
noun

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:33pm:
I'm a Weak Non-Religious Atheist.聽 Like all other atheists, I don't believe in the existence of a god or gods.

A Strong Atheist believes it's logically impossible for a god or gods to exist.聽 A Weak Atheist believes it's possible but hasn't been convinced that any do.

I don't think it's logically impossible for a god to exist, but I haven't been convinced that one does.聽 So I am a Weak Atheist.

I also put Non-Religious here because there are religious movements that work with humanity's capacity for spiritual thinking & feeling but do not have specific beliefs about the divine.聽 For example, there are non-theist Quakers, Unitarian Universalists, and Secular Buddhists; I don't belong to any of those, so I specify Non-Religious as well as Atheist.

Quote:
A Strong Atheist believes it's logically impossible for a god or gods to exist. A Weak Atheist believes it's possible but hasn't been convinced that any do.

I did not realize there was a difference or category Huh

un路known quan路ti路ty
noun

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 7:20am:
Oh another "Book" written by man? Roll Eyes

You just completed a circle

Money, pastor Hypocrisy, the broken record in church sermons. Growing up and educating myself as well Wink

Of course it was written by man, has anyone denied this?  The Bible was written by man and inspired by God, as scripture says.  Regarding the history of Jesus, how much do you know of the writings outside of the Bible?
Quote:
Evidence from Josephus

Perhaps the most remarkable reference to Jesus outside the Bible can be found in the writings of Josephus, a first century Jewish historian. On two occasions, in his Jewish Antiquities, he mentions Jesus. The second, less revealing, reference describes the condemnation of one 鈥淛ames鈥 by the Jewish Sanhedrin. This James, says Josephus, was 鈥渢he brother of Jesus the so-called Christ.鈥{14} F.F. Bruce points out how this agrees with Paul鈥檚 description of James in Galatians 1:19 as 鈥渢he Lord鈥檚 brother.鈥{15} And Edwin Yamauchi informs us that 鈥渇ew scholars have questioned鈥 that Josephus actually penned this passage.{16}

As interesting as this brief reference is, there is an earlier one, which is truly astonishing. Called the 鈥淭estimonium Flavianum,鈥 the relevant portion declares:

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if indeed one ought to call him a man. For he . . . wrought surprising feats. . . . He was the Christ. When Pilate . . .condemned him to be crucified, those who had . . . come to love him did not give up their affection for him. On the third day he appeared . . . restored to life. . . . And the tribe of Christians . . . has . . . not disappeared.{17}
https://probe.org/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources-2/

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › On Religion, what Do You believe?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules