Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › On Religion, what Do You believe?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On Religion, what Do You believe? (Read 1,853 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: On Religion, what Do You believe?
Reply #50 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 6:35pm:
This is NOT France, but the USA where the government has ZERO authority to teach enlightenment.  That is in of itself a religion.

The only thing manifest in your post is your inveterate xenophobia. Is that part of Jesus' teachings? "Hate people from other countries" If it is then you should hate HIM! He was hardly an American, genius.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #51 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:40am:
The only thing manifest in your post is your inveterate xenophobia. Is that part of Jesus' teachings? "Hate people from other countries" If it is then you should hate HIM! He was hardly an American, genius.

I find it entertaining when you make up an argument and then run with it as if it is factual.  I could probably sit here and let you have a conversation with yourself.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:58am:
I find it entertaining when you make up an argument and then run with it as if it is factual.  I could probably sit here and let you have a conversation with yourself.

"I find it entertaining" how you can make xenophobic remarks and in the very next post pretend it never happened.

FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #53 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 17th, 2018 at 3:30pm:
So why would I be desperate and for what exactly?

Evidence.

You frequently affirm that your "Faith" is insufficient by searching for evidence that you wrongly believe to be supported by actual science. 

What you wind up doing is damaging your claim of having "Faith" and reveal that you're content being a science illiterate.

Plus if you are the Christian you claim to be you are, by searching for evidence of God's existence, violating a directive from Jesus..

Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

Look.. Just say that you have "Faith" and I'll gently pat you on your head and send you on your way .. We'll get along fine.  Just keep your "Faith" out of the government.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #54 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Evidence.

You frequently affirm that your "Faith" is insufficient by searching for evidence that you wrongly believe to be supported by actual science. 

What you wind up doing is damaging your claim of having "Faith" and reveal that you're content being a science illiterate.

Plus if you are the Christian you claim to be you are, by searching for evidence of God's existence, violating a directive from Jesus..

Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’

Look.. Just say that you have "Faith" and I'll gently pat you on your head and send you on your way .. We'll get along fine.  Just keep your "Faith" out of the government.

You claim you are an unbeliever, and atheist and you often frequent the Christian forum, and?  Two can play your game.  The Bible is filled with science and history.  You and others come here to engage and say there is no evidence there is a God, so naturally I respond to this claim to show otherwise.

Psalm 19:1

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

The Constitution has never said or implied that faith has no right in the public forum or in office.  I ALWAYS pat you on your head and send you on your way for many misconceptions and misuse of God's word as was just evident in your attempt to use God's word out of context.   Wink

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
ALWAYS appropiate to use scripture in it'sd entire context. 

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #56 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
"I find it entertaining" how you can make xenophobic remarks and in the very next post pretend it never happened.

Your a pedophile...  I can play your silly game, best to quote people.  I am curious, is this how the enlighten people of France behave?

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #57 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 3:33pm:
One more thing to dismantle, along with the monarchy and the nobility.

The nobility is just part of the 1%

Quote:
No.  It was founded in a temper tantrum by one of your garbage kings and quickly got on with oppressing everything but itself. 

True, if a little monochrome. The net result of English Protestantism (or maybe a net result) was the system of English common law, jurisprudence and ultimately reduction of Monarchs to symbols.

That, my friend, has had inestimable benefits to us all.

The Catholic nations ranged against England from Henry VIII’s time until Napoleon’s were not conducive to the travel the West took under British and now American leadership.

Say ‘thanks, Henry!’ and pity your chicken ancestors who wanted to flee. Wink

Quote:
My country in general was founded by people escaping the church's vicious repression, and my ancestors in particular had to flee to worship as they felt best.

Puritans?

Lovely people.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
Your a pedophile...  I can play your silly game, best to quote people.  I am curious, is this how the enlighten people of France behave?

So you don't even know what "xenophobic" means and you are way too lazy to look that word up.

One thing is for sure most enlightened people take the time to learn words before using them... which is obviously not your case.

You called me "a pedophile" which is by far a more grievous insult than anything I ever said to you but given what you are I'll just pretend it was one of your numerous brain farts and leave it alone.

FC,

Queshank

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #59 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
So you don't even know what "xenophobic" means and you are way too lazy to look that word up.

One thing is for sure most enlightened people take the time to learn words before using them... which is obviously not your case.

You called me "a pedophile" which is by far a more grievous insult than anything I ever said to you but given what you are I'll just pretend it was one of your numerous brain farts and leave it alone.

If they looked up the definition of strawman your picture would be there Bow.  I know what it means, you love to castigate people without any proof.  I have been on this forum WAY before you have been and that term has been thrown around quite a bit.  You are a very poor representation of your countrymen.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › On Religion, what Do You believe?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules