Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › On Religion, what Do You believe?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On Religion, what Do You believe? (Read 1,842 times)
Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Re: On Religion, what Do You believe?
Reply #60 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:28pm:
True, if a little monochrome. The net result of English Protestantism (or maybe a net result) was the system of English common law, jurisprudence and ultimately reduction of Monarchs to symbols.

The English system of law was already evolving towards these, due to the slowly-growing power of Parliament.  The repressive state church did not help.

Quote:
Puritans?

Broadly speaking, Dissenters.  There may have been Puritans, but probably not that many.  It's more likely they were a mishmash of various defunct Protestant sects that were gradually absorbed by the Baptists, Quakers, and Methodists.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #61 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Your problem is you are a cancer to this forum.  You spend FAR more time insulting people then attempting to have a conversation with them.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:40am:
The only thing manifest in your post is your inveterate xenophobia. Is that part of Jesus' teachings? "Hate people from other countries" If it is then you should hate HIM! He was hardly an American, genius.

This was your first insult without an attempt to discuss.  So lecturing me about behavior falls on deaf ears simply because of examples like this and a ton of others.  Why is it so difficult to approach people with a bit of courtesy FIRST?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #63 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
If they looked up the definition of strawman your picture would be there Bow.  I know what it means, you love to castigate people without any proof.  I have been on this forum WAY before you have been and that term has been thrown around quite a bit.  Come on man, tell me Frenchmen are  not this stupid, PLEASE!?

Too toxic
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:40pm by Seawolf »  

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #64 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
Your a pedophile...  I can play your silly game, best to quote people.  I am curious, is this how the enlighten people of France behave?

What is a French person? Isn't that a Mohammedan who prepares his toast in an unusual way? Do these Mohammedans also prefer to make a salad dressing using this same method called "French"?  It must be an Arabic word because I never heard of a people called France before. All I know is that there is an Islamic country that uses this Arabic word at times to describe things that echo the past of these people who lived long long ago which many now find to be a mythical people made up by Mohammedans just like the people of Ad that Muhammad made up  Grin  Cheesy

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #65 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
You claim you are an unbeliever, and atheist and you often frequent the Christian forum, and?

"And" what?

The Bible is filled with science and history.

Yes.. Most of it dead wrong.. The science that is.  Though much of the OT accounts are plagiarized mythologies ..(btw- Do you have any idea why God was such a dick to Cain?) the New Testament is a reasonably accurate account of history.. 

You and others come here to engage and say there is no evidence there is a God, so naturally I respond to this claim to show otherwise.

Actually it's the other way around. 

Your Faith is insufficient for you to be comfortable with what you say are your beliefs and so you turn to science looking for validation.

You first post these misrepresentations ..and in many cases complete fabrications.. of 'science' findings in hopes that someone, usually one of the other evangelists, will join you in your misunderstanding.

Then I or others come along, show you where you've gone wrong, laugh and point fingers... Well the "laugh and point fingers" doesn't come along until you've reached the basement level of your reasoning which is always .. "The Bible is true because the Bible says it's true"

When you bring the elements that buttress your "Faith" into the realm of science you are exposing them to the methods of science.  You want to claim that you have proof that the Universe was created in 7 days.. Science is going to beat you mercilessly with contesting data, with the inconsistencies in your claims, with verifiable observations.. with the scientific method.

You discredit the notion of religious Faith by using misrepresentations of scientific findings.  It's sad.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #66 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 6:55am:
What is a French person? Isn't that a Mohammedan who prepares his toast in an unusual way? Do these Mohammedans also prefer to make a salad dressing using this same method called "French"?  It must be an Arabic word because I never heard of a people called France before. All I know is that there is an Islamic country that uses this Arabic word at times to describe things that echo the past of these people who lived long long ago which many now find to be a mythical people made up by Mohammedans just like the people of Ad that Muhammad made up  Grin  Cheesy

What the hell are you babbling about?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #67 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 6:25pm:
The English system of law was already evolving towards these, due to the slowly-growing power of Parliament.  The repressive state church did not help.

Ah, but it did.

As part of the machinery which solidified England as contrary to Catholic, and monarchical, rule, the State Church ironically helped create the framework allowing the developments you mention.

Would we have the benefit of that had Philip of Spain won in 1588 and beheaded Elizabeth?

Quote:
Broadly speaking, Dissenters.  There may have been Puritans, but probably not that many.  It's more likely they were a mishmash of various defunct Protestant sects that were gradually absorbed by the Baptists, Quakers, and Methodists.

Defunct is good.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #68 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
What the hell are you babbling about?

‘It’s a question oft ‘pon our lips.

Oft.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › On Religion, what Do You believe?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules