Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › FDR holds a press conference. December 8, 1941
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) FDR holds a press conference. December 8, 1941 (Read 218 times)
Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

FDR holds a press conference. December 8, 1941
Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  

REPORTER: Thank you. Mr. President, you said this morning that it's U.S. foolishness, stupidity, and the Japanese steel embargo that is responsible for the decline in U.S. relations with Japan. Do you hold Japan at all accountable or anything in particular after Pearl Harbor? And if so, what would you what would you consider them that they are responsible for? 

ROOSEVELT:  Yes I do. I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we've all been foolish. We should have had this dialogue a long time ago, a long time frankly before I got to office. And I think we're all to blame.

I think that the United States now has stepped forward, along with Japan, and we're getting together and we have a chance to do some great things, whether it's China or the steel embargo. Ultimately that's probably the most important thing that we can be working on.

But I do feel that we have both made some mistakes. I think that the steel embargo is a disaster for our country. I think it's kept us apart, it's kept us separated.

REPORTER: For Prime Minister Tojo, if I could follow up as well. Why should Americans and why should President Roosevelt believe your statement that Japan did not attack Pearl Harbor, given the evidence that U.S. intelligence agencies have provided? And will you consider responding to the attack?

ROOSEVELT: Speaking of the last election, that was a well fought, that was a well fought battle. We did a great job. And frankly, I'm going to let the president speak to the second part of your question. But just to say it one time again and I say it all the time, there was no collusion. I didn't know the president.

TOJO: As to who is to be believed and to who is not to be believed, you can trust no one – if you take this — where did you get this idea that President Roosevelt trusts me or I trust him?

He defends the interests of the United States of America. And I do defend the interests of the Empire of Japan. We do have interests that are common.

REPORTER, AP: President Roosevelt, you first. Just now, Prime Minister Tojo denied having anything to do with the attack on Pearl Harbor yesterday. Every U.S. intelligence agency has concluded that Japan did. My first question for you sir is, who do you believe? My second question is would you now, with the whole world watching, tell Prime Minister Tojo, would you denounce what happened at Pearl harbor and would you warn him to never do it again?

ROOSEVELT:  My people came to me and some others they said they think it's Japan. I have Prime Minister Tojo. He just said it's not Japan.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be. But I really do want to see the evidence but I have, I have confidence in both parties.

I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that Prime Minister Tojo was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

He offered to have his military people come and work with our investigators, look at the sunken ships and find out what happened.  That's an incredible offer. Ok? Thank you.

Greg

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2018 at 10:17pm by Greg55_99 »  

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: FDR holds a press conference. December 8, 1941
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Oh Jesus.

I swear to you God.  I'll start believing in you.  I'm praying here on my knees.  Please God.  Exist.  Intervene.  Stop the left from destroying itself.  I beg you.  I'll go to church every Sunday.  I'll work in soup kitchens.  What do you want me to do, oh Lord?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
Oh Jesus.

I swear to you God.  I'll start believing in you.  I'm praying here on my knees.  Please God.  Exist.  Intervene.  Stop the left from destroying itself.  I beg you.  I'll go to church every Sunday.  I'll work in soup kitchens.  What do you want me to do, oh Lord?

Queshank

Killjoy!

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Oh Jesus.

Queshank

Post naked pictures of hot women.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Vypr
LNF Majority Leader

Tribunal of the Holy Office
of the Inquisition

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Oh Jesus.

Queshank

Your pro-Trump derangement syndrome is crushing you.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
Your pro-Trump derangement syndrome is crushing you.

Ooooh!  Good one!  Did you get that off Jim Acosta's twitter feed?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF House Leader

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Oh Jesus.

Queshank

"7 “‘These are the regulations for the guilt offering, which is most holy: 2 The guilt offering is to be slaughtered in the place where the burnt offering is slaughtered, and its blood is to be splashed against the sides of the altar. 3 All its fat shall be offered: the fat tail and the fat that covers the internal organs, 4 both kidneys with the fat on them near the loins, and the long lobe of the liver, which is to be removed with the kidneys. 5 The priest shall burn them on the altar as a food offering presented to the Lord. It is a guilt offering. 6 Any male in a priest’s family may eat it, but it must be eaten in the sanctuary area; it is most holy.

7 “‘The same law applies to both the sin offering[a] and the guilt offering: They belong to the priest who makes atonement with them. 8 The priest who offers a burnt offering for anyone may keep its hide for himself. 9 Every grain offering baked in an oven or cooked in a pan or on a griddle belongs to the priest who offers it, 10 and every grain offering, whether mixed with olive oil or dry, belongs equally to all the sons of Aaron."
Leviticus 7 1-10

oh yeah & quit shaving your face & cutting your hair   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
...and then the crip fell out of his wheelchair.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Secretary of State for
Tea and Biscuits

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Oh Jesus.

Queshank

How about just shutting the eff up?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › FDR holds a press conference. December 8, 1941

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules