Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Is Religion The Cause Of Many Wars?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Religion The Cause Of Many Wars? (Read 784 times)
Luther
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Is Religion The Cause Of Many Wars?
Jul 28th, 2018 at 7:23am
Print Post  

What say you?

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Re: Is Religion The Cause Of Many Wars?
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Clearly..  It's obvious to anyone remotely familiar with world history.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Jul 28th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
Clearly..  It's obvious to anyone remotely familiar with world history.

“Encyclopedia of Wars,” authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people killed in warfare.

Similarly, the vast numbers of genocides (those killed in ethic cleanses, purges, etc. that are not connected to a declared war) are not based on religion. It’s estimated that over 160 million civilians were killed in genocides in the 20th century alone, with nearly 100 million killed by the Communist states of USSR and China.  It would appear you are not familiar with world history.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 28th, 2018 at 3:07pm:
“Encyclopedia of Wars,” authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people killed in warfare.

Similarly, the vast numbers of genocides (those killed in ethic cleanses, purges, etc. that are not connected to a declared war) are not based on religion. It’s estimated that over 160 million civilians were killed in genocides in the 20th century alone, with nearly 100 million killed by the Communist states of USSR and China.  It would appear you are not familiar with world history.

Quote:
only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause,

Only? Huh Roll Eyes

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:53pm:
Only? Huh Roll Eyes

Plus they've been classified that way by religious nuts. Imagine how much more there would be if there were normal people doing the classifying!

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Funny how atheists always excuse all those millions of people needlessly murdered by the hands of devout evolutionists who, by the way, committed those murders in the name of so-called scientific progress. But you will ignore all that and continue blaming religion for all wars.

The only worldview that has caused as much genocide other than atheism is Islam. While Islam still holds the overall world's record of most people murdered in their 1400 year history, it does not beat the world record for the most people murdered in the shortest time frame in history. Atheism holds the record for the most people murdered in a very short time frame of the 20th century. The death toll numbers are estimated to be between 160-million to 200-million. Even when we go by the lower number its still much much higher than all the people put to death in the entire duration of the Inquisition which numbers roughly about 250-thousand.

As for the defensive war called the Crusades...well, had that not been fought we would have eventually been conquered by now by Islam. It was Islam who started off the dark ages and its Islam once again pushing us back into the dark ages. But next time around the new dark age period will not be so pleasant.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Aug 2nd, 2018 at 5:53pm:
Only? Huh Roll Eyes

Yes, only.  Which is less then 7% of all wars.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:21pm:
Yes, only.  Which is less then 7% of all wars.

I said "Many" wars?

Not in the context of that Wink

I consider 123 many Wink

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 12:37pm:
I said "Many" wars?

Not in the context of that Wink

I consider 123 many Wink

You have a very low bar regarding the history of mankind which 7% reflects.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2018 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 3rd, 2018 at 3:12pm:
You have a very low bar regarding the history of mankind which 7% reflects.

But I do understand the number 123

That's a lot to me Wink

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Is Religion The Cause Of Many Wars?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules