Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth? (Read 1,840 times)
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Re: Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth?
Reply #80 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
He has laid a very thorough case.

To you perhaps .. but you abandoned all access to critical thinking sometime ago .

The reality is he's spent page after page saying that the bible is true because the bible says it's true.. That's when he's not redefining words and altering translations..

Would you allow me to change definitions and alter translations??   I thought not.. But you're OK with FIZZLE doing so because it fits your narrative..

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #81 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
He has laid a very thorough case.

Grin So much for impartiality!

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #82 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:22pm:

Oh I'm sure to Seawolf it is a very thorough case..

I think I should be allowed to redefine words too..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #83 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
To you perhaps .. but you abandoned all access to critical thinking sometime ago .

The reality is he's spent page after page saying that the bible is true because the bible says it's true.. That's when he's not redefining words and altering translations..

Would you allow me to change definitions and alter translations??   I thought not.. But you're OK with FIZZLE doing so because it fits your narrative..

That remark caused me to laugh coming from someone who has demonstrated his extreme bias and prejudice.  You have ZERO intention of listening and discussing.  You have a bias and that can not be argued.  You refuse to listen so explain to me why you waste your time knowing you are not going to change our minds?  You have been at this for how long Fiddler, 7 years?  Your only weapon is to simply ignore what has been presented to you.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #84 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:22pm:

Again, the irony!   Grin

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #85 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 1:01pm:
Nope. I have not given you anything. I provided meanings that have been defined for 2000 years, long before Darwin and atheist movement took root and started war with Christianity. You want to define meanings that the ancients do not recognize. I am sticking to the ancient meanings which you have no possible way of refuting since your claim would state that the ancients believed what you claim they believed. Yet, when we see what they say about these matters you try and blame me for making up meanings when you know those meanings were defined a long time before you and I were born.

You don't read anything I have posted. Job 26:7 has been used since ancient times to teach what holds up the earth which is nothing. I have covered that very well here but you failed to read. Nowhere in the Bible does it say actual pillars hold up the earth. Lets examine one of the more quoted verses.

Job 26:11,

This verse and others like it are often manipulated by atheists to mean that the earth is held up by visible pillars. But this interpretation is not correct and for several reasons. The literal interpretation would be how the mountains go up as high as the heavens. But nowhere does it say these mountains are holding up the earth. Job 26:7 is a verse that literally describes the earth being held up by nothing at all.

Ancient Christian Commentary, Vol.VI, Job

The word pillars carries a very broad meaning in the Bible and is an interchangeable word which goes alongside foundation/foundations. Atheists have been desperate to make this word meaning that something like how the mountains are holding up the earth or the sky. But this is not the case in any verse the words pillars or foundations occurs. Lets see if there is a clear case for the much more figurative meaning in the Bible.

1 Tim.3:15:

Gal.2:9:

This verse means that James, Cephas (aka., Peter) and John were pillars of the Christian movement, which also means they seemed to Paul like leaders of authoritative strength. And indeed they were. Also notice how Paul’s fellowship was accepted by these three pillars of the church. Peter was called the Rock by Jesus but he didn’t literally mean Peter was an actual rock. Jesus knew Peter was a man and not a literal rock. Simply stated, the usage of the word pillars in the Bible never carries a meaning connected to an earth being held up by physical objects (Job 26:7).

I answer that one here.
http://www.libertynewsforum.com/cgi-bin/politics/YaBB.pl?num=1531552247

I've listed well over a dozen globe earth verses from the Bible in which I have supplied plenty of proof supporting the globe earth interpretation. Being that there is no flat earth interpretation, you are clearly misreading those verses. The ends of the earth mean the far reaches of the earth from all cardinal directions of the globe. Since the ancients were informed by God that we live on a globe, they did not believe in a flat earth like your evolutionary ancestors did.

There is no flat earth tradition and there would be if the Bible taught flat earth. With well over a dozen globe earth verses there is no excuse for atheists to act this dumb.

The Earth is held up by nothing?

Hm. So your high science superdooper ancient dudes didn’t know about Newtonian physics, eh?

REFRAIN FROM INSULTS!
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:18pm by Seawolf »  

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #86 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Limey, are you capable of discussing or is this now your norm of insulting people who you do not agree with?

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #87 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:19pm:
Limey, are you capable of discussing or is this now your norm of insulting people who you do not agree with? 

The atheists here have evidently run out of arguments so insults is all they are left with.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #88 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 7:55am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 2:41am:
The atheists here have evidently run out of arguments so insults is all they are left with.
Fiddler loves to say he does not believe in God while using scriptures, arguing on the religious forum and reminding us he was once baptized.  I find his behavior odd for someone who does not believe there is a God.

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #89 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm:
That remark caused me to laugh coming from someone who has demonstrated his extreme bias and prejudice.  You have ZERO intention of listening and discussing.  You have a bias and that can not be argued.  You refuse to listen so explain to me why you waste your time knowing you are not going to change our minds?  You have been at this for how long Fiddler, 7 years?  Your only weapon is to simply ignore what has been presented to you.

My gwad man..  Did you forget that the entire notion of a creator and that the bible is his word is a complete fantasy..?..  Playing along with this charade may not have been such a great idea after all..

Still it's clear that something is missing from your Faith, and FIZZLE'S for that matter, for there to be such a lust for people to believe that science supports the bible or that that the bible was ahead of its time scientifically..  It doesn't speak well of the Faith Christians are supposed to have.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules