Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth? (Read 1,842 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth?
Reply #90 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 9:36am:
My gwad man..  Did you forget that the entire notion of a creator and that the bible is his word is a complete fantasy..?..  Playing along with this charade may not have been such a great idea after all..

Still it's clear that something is missing from your Faith, and FIZZLE'S for that matter, for there to be such a lust for people to believe that science supports the bible or that that the bible was ahead of its time scientifically..  It doesn't speak well of the Faith Christians are supposed to have.

7 years you have wasted son.  Seven years.   Undecided
You simply want to ignore the evidence, your faith is evolution and your god is Darwin.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #91 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:19am:
7 years you have wasted son.  Seven years.   Undecided
You simply want to ignore the evidence, your faith is evolution and your god is Darwin.

Are you kidding..  I USE the evidence, your Biblical evidence to show you the mistake you're making in abandoning reason.. My Faith is in Reason.  My god is Veracity..

Unlike you I do not conger belief from fable..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #92 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:33pm:
Are you kidding..  I USE the evidence, your Biblical evidence to show you the mistake you're making in abandoning reason.. My Faith is in Reason.  My god is Veracity..

Unlike you I do not conger belief from fable..

Again, you are ignorant of scripture, but that is an atheist for you.  Thinks he knows it all.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #93 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:53pm:
The Earth is held up by nothing?

Hm. So your high science superdooper ancient dudes didn’t know about Newtonian physics, eh?

REFRAIN FROM INSULTS!

What is that supposed to mean? There is no physical object that holds up the earth. Job 26:7 is stating a fact that wasn't proven for nearly 4000 years!

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #94 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:54am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:19am:
What is that supposed to mean? There is no physical object that holds up the earth. Job 26:7 is stating a fact that wasn't proven for nearly 4000 years!

Your bible says that the flat Earth is on pillars and does not move.  No amount of weasel wording can change what it plainly and clearly says..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #95 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 9:54am:
Your bible says that the flat Earth is on pillars and does not move.  No amount of weasel wording can change what it plainly and clearly says.. 

Round and round you go, same BS time to move on.  We have shown you you refuse and you are adding nothing new.

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #96 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Round and round you go, same BS time to move on.  We have shown you you refuse and you are adding nothing new.

Yeah, I agree. I've answered his skepticism from both modern and ancient texts. One would think the ancient church would be an atheist delight, but as it turns out the ancient church, not having a knowledge of modern science, trusted the Bible and their understanding of these simple verses in the Bible has not changed our understanding of them today. So since he cannot refuted the information with more credible information, this topic is pretty much over. Atheists were not successful in proving the Bible teaches flat earth.

Though as a bonus, I'll include a new answer to the most recent attempt to debunk the globe meaning in Isaiah 40:22. I haven't written this yet but when I get it finished I'll post it here Wink

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Willys Wonka - Ex-Member
LNF Party Leader

Part time God

Reply #97 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
but as it turns out the ancient church, not having a knowledge of modern science, trusted the Bible and their understanding of these simple verses in the Bible has not changed our understanding of them today.

So the ancient church KNEW Isaiah was talking about globes yet still translated the word as circles .. they KNEW that Isaiah was talking about aircraft yet still translated the word as 'cloud' ..

You get deeper and deeper in the weeds the more you go on ..   Grin 

So since he cannot refuted the information with more credible information,

Your claim is refuted by the words in the Bible.. . None of your attempts to misinterpret these words will change that.

Atheists were not successful in proving the Bible teaches flat earth.

It's not necessary for Atheists to prove it..  The Bible says it.. Many Christians to this day believe the that Earth is flat ..

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #98 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Willys Wonka - Ex-Member wrote on Aug 13th, 2018 at 12:44pm:
So the ancient church KNEW Isaiah was talking about globes yet still translated the word as circles ..

All top scholars, ancient and modern, say it means globe/sphere. Are you anti-education?

they KNEW that Isaiah was talking about aircraft yet still translated the word as 'cloud' ..

I already answered this. There is no word that means airplane. The meaning of the verse means airplane. There is no word in Hebrew that means airplane.

Quote:
But what are these that flee here like the cloudes, and as the doues fleing to their windowes

Isaiah is asking the future reader a question. What are these things like fly like the clouds, and as doves fly to their nest? There is no word here that carries the meaning. The verse itself contains a meaning and Isaiah was writing about nothing, nor was he writing some mystical rant that means nothing. The Biblical writers did not write things that meant nothing. All verses of Scripture carry a meaning. In the case of this verse the meaning is aided by the context which it was written in. So if you want to properly understand the verse, you also have to understand the context that it was written in. With that said, the context is speaking about human forms of transportation and air travel is one of those means of transportation that will be bringing back the scattered Jews from one end of the earth to the other back to Israel. The prophecy was fulfilled in 1948.

Your claim is refuted by the words in the Bible.. . None of your attempts to misinterpret these words will change that. 

It's not necessary for Atheists to prove it..  The Bible says it.. Many Christians to this day believe the that Earth is flat ..

If we are discussing who to properly interpret said verses than this debate is long over. I cited from the most reputable sources out there and you have not been able to counter that with any knowledge which goes above and beyond those sources. Therefore both ancient and modern scholars have interpreted the verses to mean globe/sphere. Atheists are arguing against education at this point.

The Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon was written by a German rationalist. There is no way a German rationalist is gonna say the word means sphere if he thinks it doesn't. Gesenius was the best Hebrew scholar of his time and was very disciplined in translating.

Chuwg H2329 is the word used in Isaiah 40:22. This is what the word means:

Quote:
"חוּג m. a circle, sphere, used of the arch or vault of the sky, Pro.8:27; Job 22:14; of the world, Isa.40:22."

Obviously the circle was meant to be understood as a 3D circle.

Are you against education? I ask because I thought atheists were supposed to be pro-education? Yet what I have presented is education and you think your emotions...not knowledge...should be considered education. In a civilized society a person's emotions do not decided what education is. Facts decide that. I have presented the proper interpretation and you have brought no counter-points to this debate other than trolling your opinions which is guided solely by emotion. We do not analyze information with our emotions. 

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #99 - Aug 20th, 2018 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:19pm:
Limey, are you capable of discussing or is this now your norm of insulting people who you do not agree with? 

It’s not a matter of cordial disagreement over positions.

If you say salt is revolting, we can discuss personal taste, the way cultures and norms inform preferences, how taste buds work, it can be informative, useful and enjoyable.

If you say salt is produced by pixies who feed on the distilled essence of unicorn tears, I won’t feel a need for more than cursory politeness.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Does the Holy Bible Teach Flat or Globe Earth?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules