Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Racism against whites
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Racism against whites (Read 1,074 times)
Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Racism against whites
Reply #120 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:55am:
I think Patrick has a good read on some of the more extreme elements on the left. The problem is he has used it as an excuse to join them.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think you are confused about racial views of the left and the right.  The right has evolved into the "party of Trump"   Whatever views Trump has on race is the status quo for the right.  The left on the other hand has what can be considered expreme views as "open borders" to moderate views as voting rights.  There is nothing simular about the racial views of the left and the right.  NOTHING.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

TowardLiberty wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #121 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:53am:
Reputation and prior performance. But even then you wouldn't know anything for sure. I think "the best" in this case is a relative term.

And that is the problem.  One can read a resume, look at college grades and references, but the interview is key.  If you have some preconcieved feelings about ones race, then 9 time out of 10, you will let that cloud your views.  Unless of course you are totally not a racist.  Can't say that for everybody.  So in many cases, race is a factor.

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, Trump won’t go to his funeral very, very soon.

I'll try but it might be beyond my ability. Insulting is "like 90% of what I do here."

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #122 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
If this is just a "suggestion" then I don't think there is a problem but when we go about enforcing race quotas, I think we have a problem.

In my view, the problem with AA is that it focuses on racial identity.

As long as the intended effect is agreed upon, then I am totally flexible in implementation. I do not think AA is perfect. I am totally happy with modifying it, but like gun control, when you tell conservatives that you want to compromise, they claim it's an attack on their overarching 'freedom'. What legislation has been proposed by conservatives, short of dismantling completely, to have a good debate and modify.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #123 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:02pm:
Grin Grin Grin Grin

I think you are confused about racial views of the left and the right.  The right has evolved into the "party of Trump"   Whatever views Trump has on race is the status quo for the right.  The left on the other hand has what can be considered expreme views as "open borders" to moderate views as voting rights.  There is nothing simular about the racial views of the left and the right.  NOTHING.

Funny. I see a nice symmetry in the left and right on many issues, especially on the politics of identity. The content of their views is 180 degrees opposed but the form their thought takes matches rather well.

The left wing social justice warrior is every bit the identitarian the left accuses Trump supporters of being. And some of those Trump supporters are so fed up with it that they have embraced their own form of identity politics, albeit of a reactionary variety.

Open Trade, Open Borders, Taco Trucks on Every Corner

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #124 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
If this is just a "suggestion" then I don't think there is a problem but when we go about enforcing race quotas, I think we have a problem.

In my view, the problem with AA is that it focuses on racial identity.

Not just race. It also focuses on gender, disability and age.  Only race baiters focus on race.

individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously

In Great Britain it is call positive discrimination
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:17pm by Wadsworth »  

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #125 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:05pm:
And that is the problem.  One can read a resume, look at college grades and references, but the interview is key.  If you have some preconcieved feelings about ones race, then 9 time out of 10, you will let that cloud your views.  Unless of course you are totally not a racist.  Can't say that for everybody.  So in many cases, race is a factor.

Well, life's not always fair.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #126 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:10pm:
No just race. It also focuses on gender, disability and age.  Only race baiters focus on race.

individuals belonging to groups known to have been discriminated against previously

In Great Britain it is call positive discrimination

Wow. I'm shocked they would call it that for it cedes the point to the opposition, in my eyes.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #127 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:09pm:
Funny. I see a nice symmetry in the left and right on many issues, especially on the politics of identity. The content of their views is 180 degrees opposed but the form their thought takes matches rather well.

The left wing social justice warrior is every bit the identitarian the left accuses Trump supporters of being. And some of those Trump supporters are so fed up with it that they have embraced their own form of identity politics, albeit of a reactionary variety.

Sounds to me that you are blaming the left for the feelings of the right.  I don't buy it.  trump has emboldened the right to come out of the closet with their racism.  The left have always (since LBJ) been identified with equal rights, voting rights, and intergration.  That is why most black people vote democrat and consider themselves liberal.  If you want to call that identity politics, then so be it.  But is has nothing to do with racism.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #128 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:10pm:
Well, life's not always fair.

And that is why we have the safeguards we have today.  You may not like them, but that is why they exist

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #129 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:15pm:
Sounds to me that you are blaming the left for the feelings of the right.  I don't buy it.  trump has emboldened the right to come out of the closet with their racism.  The left have always (since LBJ) been identified with equal rights, voting rights, and intergration.  That is why most black people vote democrat and consider themselves liberal.  If you want to call that identity politics, then so be it.  But is has nothing to do with racism.

I don't blame one over the other. Reality is too complex for neat stories like that. There is blame to go around.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Racism against whites

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules