Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Racism against whites
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Racism against whites (Read 1,653 times)
PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Re: Racism against whites
Reply #140 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:15pm:
Those statues represent the attempt to secede from the union.

I can easily prove to you that secession was legal and constitutional then and now.  That was a right of the states, which is the principle represented by the statues that are being torn down. 

Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:15pm:
Do we have statues of great British leaders erected anywhere that represent the revolutionary war?  It is silly of you to think that it has anything to do with racial superiority.  It is all about unifying the people. 

How illogical is it to claim that unifying the people requires that you tell part of them that their opinions and ideas don't matter and are not allowed? Removing those ideas and peddling instead the ideas of a specific racial group as superior and exclusive is by definition, racism.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #141 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:35pm:
I can easily prove to you that secession was legal and constitutional then and now.  That was a right of the states, which is the principle represented by the statues that are being torn down. 

How illogical is it to claim that unifying the people requires that you tell part of them that their opinions and ideas don't matter and are not allowed? Removing those ideas and peddling instead the ideas of a specific racial group as superior and exclusive is by definition, racism.

How many statues of Hitler stand in Germany?  Your argument is weak at best.  The idea that the south should be a separate country is not in the best interest of this country.  How can you say you are a patriot and at the same time want to glorify the idea of secession.  The ideas of the entire country is unification.  The ideas of a group that want to glorify white supremacy is racist.

PaleoCon wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 10:18am:
No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

No self respecting thug would be without his sticker!

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #142 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
I don't think so. You are trying to tie the definition of a word to the actions against an entire group of people. This cannot be done with your single example of hate. And it was hate, not racism, that caused that violence.

Not really.  It would be the racism that caused the hate.

Criminal: "I beat the fool up because I hate him!"

Bystander:  "Why do you hate him?"

Criminal: "Because he's "insert color".

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Feb 19th, 2019 at 9:18am:
Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #143 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:39pm:
How many statues of Hitler stand in Germany?

Lincoln was far more like Hitler than any Southerner.  And we have a huge statue of that murderous tyrant in the middle of DC.  Nice devolution to Godwin's law, by the way. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Your argument is weak at best.  The idea that the south should be a separate country is not in the best interest of this country.

That's nothing more than your opinion. YOU don't get to decide which rights are voided just because YOU think that it is "not in the best interest of of the country". Concerning the colonies, I'm sure King George III felt as you do and he was a tyrant.

How can you say you are a patriot and at the same time want to glorify the idea of secession.  The ideas of the entire country is unification.

The "idea of secession" was and is constitutional, and the Constitution our is our founding document which every patriot should respect and defend. Secession was a check against an overreaching federal government and was preserved to the states under the 10th Amendment.

The ideas of a group that want to glorify white supremacy is racist.

Care to hazard a guess at who said this:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Those would the ideas of racist Abraham Lincoln, the guy with the huge statue in DC.

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #144 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:02pm:

Lincoln was far more like Hitler than any Southerner.  And we have a huge statue of that murderous tyrant in the middle of DC.  Nice devolution to Godwin's law, by the way. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

That's nothing more than your opinion. YOU don't get to decide which rights are voided just because YOU think that it is "not in the best interest of of the country". Concerning the colonies, I'm sure King George III felt as you do and he was a tyrant.

The "idea of secession" was and is constitutional, and the Constitution our is our founding document which every patriot should respect and defend. Secession was a check against an overreaching federal government and was preserved to the states under the 10th Amendment.

Care to hazard a guess at who said this:

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

Those would the ideas of racist Abraham Lincoln, the guy with the huge statue in DC.

And Lincoln's statue in not in Washington because of his racist views.  His statue is in Washington because he resisted the secession of the South and refuse to expand slavery to the west.  Yes our history is a disgraceful mess.  From slavery to the Iraqi war.  But in order to heal, we must remove what we celebrate about the evil past and focus on the good that has come about from what we have done good.  MLK was not a perfect man, but he let the charge of ridding us of the evil laws of segregation. 

When Barack Obama came under fire for comments made by his former pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, he chose to tackle the problem with an address to the nation. He stood across the street from Independence Hall and spoke about the turbulent history of race relations in America, and how those issues are still a very real part of contemporary society.
He acknowledged the inflammatory nature of Reverend Wright's comments, and while he didn't justify them, he did want people to understand that, from the point of view of the Black community, the history is difficult and complicated, and we can't dismiss the comments simply because they're uncomfortable to talk about. In fact, the legacy of racism is only one of many significant problems we need to address, and the best way to do that is to talk about it.
In the United States, we pride ourselves on being super diverse and eager to talk about whatever needs talking about. But, somehow, we manage to not discuss the stuff we really need to. Obama had hope that we can change all that, and he believed it starts with our young people, a generation that has seen more change in all types of areas than any that came before. We need to meet in the middle and make it happen—and we, average Americans, have the power to do it.

https://www.shmoop.com/historical-texts/a-more-perfect-union/summary.html

See, everbody has their demons.   But it is up to us to form a more perfect union.  Dwelling on the past is no very helpful.

No blacks will buy that cap.  Look at the bill! It's all curved like normal people wear. The bill of the hat is supposed to be flat with a shiny goofy looking sticker in the middle of it.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #145 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:47pm:

Possibly, but are you saying you KNOW what they think? That is quite the leap in estimating your own capabilities. I think some of you have crazy notions, but as to WHY you believe the way you do, unless you tell me, I can only guess. Did they tell you? Or does this just fit your own ideology. Demonize the other guy, then oppress. Rinse and repeat.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #146 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:47pm:

I think you are confusing bigotry with racism.  You beat up someone because you hate him, not necessarily because you feel superior to him.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #147 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
Possibly, but are you saying you KNOW what they think? That is quite the leap in estimating your own capabilities. I think some of you have crazy notions, but as to WHY you believe the way you do, unless you tell me, I can only guess. Did they tell you? Or does this just fit your own ideology. Demonize the other guy, then oppress. Rinse and repeat.

I'm just going along with the context of the conversation   just because people of different races might commit violence against eachother doesn't mean it's because of racism, or even hate for that matter.

However the premise of the argument you responded to was that they know the attack was based on race.  That would make it racism.  You are ignoring the basic part of the argument.

Regulations are designed to protect the consumer and the worker.  If it doesn’t,it is not a regulation.

"Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #148 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:22pm:
I think you are confusing bigotry with racism.  You beat up someone because you hate him, not necessarily because you feel superior to him.

Wads you are once again out of your element. 

Plenty of people get beat up for a variety of reasons, many times just a random act of violence.  I'm specifically talking about when someone attacks someone because of their race.  That is racism in action, doesn't matter what color.

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #149 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
I'm just going along with the context of the conversation   just because people of different races might commit violence against eachother doesn't mean it's because of racism, or even hate for that matter.

However the premise of the argument you responded to was that they know the attack was based on race.  That would make it racism.  You are ignoring the basic part of the argument.

As their are several concurrent conversations in this thread, I admit I may have inaccurately responded out of context.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Racism against whites

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules