Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Question for liberals: the 2016 election
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Question for liberals: the 2016 election (Read 579 times)
Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Question for liberals: the 2016 election
Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:48am:
True or False: If Russia had not interfered in the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton would have beaten Donald Trump.

Here are the libbies I would like to see respond:

[   ] Greg
[   ] Vyper
[   ] Fiddler
[   ] Wadsworth
[ T ] Bowhunter
[   ] BillyP
[ F ] MojoJojo
[   ] Queshank
[   ] Philip
[   ] BamaBeau
[   ] Luther

Everyone else is free to chime in, of course.  Smiley

Well, I'm glad I drove by here today and saw you ask a question of liberals so I could spot myself called out as a liberal on the boards!  It's so rare these days.

All bullshit and all "attempting to get leftists to recognize the danger both to their ideology being manipulated and perverted, AND their chances at electoral victory in the future" aside ...

I think it's true that if the Russians were responsible for the hacked emails and the wikileaks releases, they definitely impacted the vote by suppressing the Bernie Bro vote even more than Hillary did all on her own. 

Hillary was a bad candidate.  But email, email, email, email was the entire campaign.  It all blurred together.  Hacked emails and email servers in bathrooms and 30,000 deleted emails and "what, you mean with a cloth?"  The margins in some of these areas were simply too razor thin to state with confidence that the constant drip of "EMAAAAAILS!" had no impact.  And that hack added to the drip and turned it into a deluge.

Note the if. 

I'm personally skeptical that we can ever prove a hack of this nature given the ability of a skilled hacker to hide their tracks or leave tracks to implicate others. 

And ... well ... unlike the illiberal neoleftists that frequent the board ... I'm a liberal.  Which means I've spent 30 years examining the actions and behavior of our intelligence services and learned a long time ago to consider these some of the most evil and manipulative people in world history.   Believing the 4 intelligence agencies who have been being criticized by Trump for 30 years and are protecting their legacies is pretty dumb.  I don't just jump into bed with any common ally the way most leftist whores seem inclined to do today when a shady guy in a dark suit whispers sweet nothings in my ear. 

We get so caught up in the media narrative that it was social media influence that we forget about the hacking. 

People who think the memes on facebook influenced votes are idiots.  Seriously.  I'm not even going to qualify that statement and allow people any wiggle room.  If you think bumper stickers showing Jesus and Satan arm wrestling flipped a voter from Hillary to Trump you are a crappity smacking raging idiot.

But ... the wikileaks releases.  That's a different breed of cat altogether.  And if the Russians were behind that ....

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Hmm. I recall something of a deluge of anti-Hillary posts on Facebook in the run up to the election. And my Facebook account was pretty well locked down. I believe the Facebook spam had an effect on voters. As did the Twitter spam, and the talk radio spam, and the Fox News spam. Mostly lies, that's the sad part.

I listened to Jim Acosta on Colbert the other day. He made a penetrating remark about Trump:

"He built his political career on a lie - that Obama was born in Kenya".

What did Dukakis once say? Old Greek proverb - the fish starts to rot at the head...?

Sadly, I think Hillary would have made a great president. But she probably also would have polarized the nation almost as much as Trump has. We need a unifier, a healer, someone to champion the Middle Way.

We need Tao Tze.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:22pm:
Hmm. I recall something of a deluge of anti-Hillary posts on Facebook in the run up to the election. And my Facebook account was pretty well locked down. I believe the Facebook spam had an effect on voters. As did the Twitter spam, and the talk radio spam, and the Fox News spam. Mostly lies, that's the sad part.

So ...you're saying you were gonna vote Trump but the crushing wave of Facebook spam and the unrelenting anti Trump narratives of the media convinced you to vote Hillary?

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

RWB
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

VYPR winner of LNF''S
FAKE CONSERVATIVE AWARD

Reply #23 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
stu_gatze wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:58am:
Anybody who really believes the Russians helped swing the election to Trump is crazy Smiley, if they really believe that crap!  Grin

Hillary could not get the democrat party nomination away from the big-eared embellished fraud named, Barry Soetoro (legal name)/ Barack Obama (aka)

If Hillary was all that well LOVED, .. she SHOULD have DEFEATED OBAMA in 2008 for the democrat party nomination and then beat Trump, but, Hillary LOST on BOTH counts.  Smiley Smiley

In truth, .. Hillary was NEVER all that well loved because, she lies endlessly and is corrupt and MOST Americans KNOW it.   Grin   Cool

Excellent response and spot on

LIBERAL LOONS AMERICAS BEST ENTERTAINMENT VALUE

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Wow. If nothing else this question by j underscores the ina I Lory of tbe keftvtobartculate a simple answer to a basic question.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #25 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
So ...you're saying you were gonna vote Trump but the crushing wave of Facebook spam and the unrelenting anti Trump narratives of the media convinced you to vote Hillary?

Queshank

Nope.

I didn't see much if any anti-Trump Facebook spam, nor anti-Trump narratives in the "media".

I did notice a lot of anti-Hillary junk on Facebook, and on various other social web sites. It was weird. And posters here like Walkstall still have fake anti-Hillary junk.

At least my anti-Trump signature is a real video of him mocking a disabled reporter. Walks' crap is clearly altered fiction.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:48am:
True or False: If Russia had not interfered in the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton would have beaten Donald Trump.

Here are the libbies I would like to see respond:

[   ] Greg
[   ] Vyper
[   ] Fiddler
[   ] Wadsworth
[ T ] Bowhunter
[   ] BillyP
[ F ] MojoJojo
[   ] Queshank
[   ] Philip
[   ] BamaBeau
[   ] Luther

Everyone else is free to chime in, of course.  Smiley

I did not make the list? I'm disappointed.

Russia invests a lot of resources in propaganda.  This propaganda is only valuable in so far as it changes outcomes.  It's hard to believe that they would continue to do it if they do not get any return. The election was also so close that a small change in people's voting behavior could have flipped the results. In other words, it is the type of election where Russia stands to benefit from its propaganda. Given that Russia believes their propaganda is worthwhile, it probably had enough of an effect to win Trump the election.

With that being said, America meddles in other countries affairs. Many times, this meddling is to the detriment of democratic values. It's only fair that the same thing happened in reverse.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #27 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:21am
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 3:47am:
I did not make the list? I'm disappointed.

Russia invests a lot of resources in propaganda.  This propaganda is only valuable in so far as it changes outcomes.  It's hard to believe that they would continue to do it if they do not get any return. The election was also so close that a small change in people's voting behavior could have flipped the results. In other words, it is the type of election where Russia stands to benefit from its propaganda. Given that Russia believes their propaganda is worthwhile, it probably had enough of an effect to win Trump the election.

With that being said, America meddles in other countries affairs. Many times, this meddling is to the detriment of democratic values. It's only fair that the same thing happened in reverse.

So your answer is True?

I don’t consider you to be a liberal.

President Trump turned you into a snowflake? Woman up!

IP Logged

Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 4:21am:
So your answer is True?

Yes. Of course, it is possible that I am wrong.

Quote:
I don’t consider you to be a liberal.

That's strange. I'm certainly more liberal than Luther and Queshank. Where do you put me?

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:38am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:53am:
There has been speculation that Mueller is finding and securing evidence that Trump's minions coordinated with Russian social-media-hackers to target specific voting districts in specific battleground states.  Given the timing, given the extreme closeness of the race, and given the surgical precision of the russian efforts, it seems likely that the Russians threw the election to Hils.

Having said that, I will add that Hillary should have done much better.  She saw what Trump did to all the other republican candidates.  She had access to the best electioneering data and techniques.  She could have launched her own surgical media-hacking campaigns.  She could have been open and transparent about the email server.  And most importantly, she could have openly adopted 2-3 of the biggest planks of Bernie's platform in order to excite the bernie bros.

And it's arguable that Comey's media shenanigans knocked a sizable block of voters out from under her at exactly the worst time.

IOW, hil's could have stressed more and more that she is a big part of the swamp.  Yeah, that would have worked with we deplorable 'minions' who voted for Candidate Trump.  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Question for liberals: the 2016 election

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules