Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump’s Welfare Ban for Immigrants Would Be $57.4B Tax Cut for Americans
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump’s Welfare Ban for Immigrants Would Be $57.4B Tax Cut for Americans (Read 370 times)
Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump’s Welfare Ban for Immigrants Would Be $57.4B Tax Cut for Americans
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:49am:
Wow!  Think of all of the money we could save!  If fact, this would help pay for the welfare we're going to give farmers to offset the cost of Trumps tariffs!  One hand washes the other!

Greg

So if given a choice between subsidizing American farmers or subsidizing immigrant's welfare, you would choose the immigrants? The farmers actually have a product that they create. What do immigrants who go directly to the welfare office create?

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:55am:
Hmm, one group of people are citizens paying into the coffers of the Federal government and those here illegally pay nothing into to the federal government.  Personally I have no issue with getting rid of subsidies but again, American citizens are paying the taxes and then in turn we are giving those who are here illegally services they are not paying for.

Re-reading your posts I think I see the error...

The OP is about the Trump administration going after LEGAL immigrants.

Quote:
As Breitbart News reported, the Trump administration is set to roll out a plan in the next month that bars foreign nationals who need government welfare in order to live from resettling in the U.S. Such a ban on welfare importation through immigration has been eyed by the Trump White House since February.

Yet your responses are all about ILLEGAL immigrants.

That's why I was pointing out the escalation in my first post. Smiley

late edit: check out Trevor Noah's take(down)...

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:36am by Mojo-Jojo »  

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Czarcasm wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:03am:
So if given a choice between subsidizing American farmers or subsidizing immigrant's welfare, you would choose the immigrants? The farmers actually have a product that they create. What do immigrants who go directly to the welfare office create?

Well, if farmer's were creating something (food) then they wouldn't need welfare, now would they?

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative2

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Czarcasm wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:03am:

Given a binary choice between those who grow our food and anyone else, we're all gonna pick the growers. Good thing our society isn't restricted to binary choices.

This is just one more anti-poor, Republican policy.

The rich are good, wholesome people who earned their money by being honest entrepreneurs while the lazy poor lounge around getting high awaiting their tax based entitlement cheque. The irony of course being the base's demographics.

If you are more fortunate than others, build a longer table, not a taller fence.

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

REDACTED

Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
This is from Trump's alma mater, Wharton. His former professors have said Trump didn't really listen to what they had to say, as he gave every indication that he knew it all already. Apparently that's one of the causes of his misguided presidential policies, such as on immigration.

http://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2016/1/27/the-effects-of-immigration...

Quote:
Fiscal Impact

Immigrants in general — whether documented or undocumented — are net positive contributors to the federal budget. However, the fiscal impact varies widely at the state and local levels and is contingent on the characteristics of the immigrant population — age, education, and skill level — living within each state.

Figure 3 shows that immigrants, and especially recent arrivals, are generally of working age; thus, they impose relatively small costs on Social Security and Medicare — the largest components of federal non-defense spending. While immigrants’ taxes help pay for defense spending, they do not generate any additional significant costs for the military, thereby somewhat reducing the federal tax burden of the average native.

Conclusion

Economists generally agree that the effects of immigration on the U.S. economy are broadly positive.

Immigrants, whether high- or low-skilled, legal or illegal, are unlikely to replace native-born workers or reduce their wages over the long-term, though they may cause some short-term dislocations in labor markets. Indeed, the experience of the last few decades suggests that immigration may actually have significant long-term benefits for the native-born, pushing them into higher-paying occupations and raising the overall pace of innovation and productivity growth. Moreover, as baby boomers have begun moving into retirement in advanced economies around the world, immigration is helping to keep America comparatively young and reducing the burden of financing retirement benefits for a growing elderly population. While natives bear some upfront costs for the provision of public services to immigrants and their families, the evidence suggests a net positive return on the investment over the long term.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 10:44am:
Given a binary choice between those who grow our food and anyone else, we're all gonna pick the growers. Good thing our society isn't restricted to binary choices.

This is just one more anti-poor, Republican policy.

The rich are good, wholesome people who earned their money by being honest entrepreneurs while the lazy poor lounge around getting high awaiting their tax based entitlement cheque. The irony of course being the base's demographics.   

My response was made to a binary choice proffered by this comment. Welfare to farmers or welfare to migrants (thread title). Hence my response.

Greg55_99 wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:49am:
Wow!  Think of all of the money we could save!  If fact, this would help pay for the welfare we're going to give farmers to offset the cost of Trumps tariffs!  One hand washes the other!

Greg

You call it "waiting around to get their tax based entitlement check" but that leads to the discussion of whether they should have jobs before emigrating. Are we supposed to just say come here to all and don't worry we will take care of you?

IP Logged

Czarcasm
LNF Senior Staffer6

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:58am:
Well, if farmer's were creating something (food) then they wouldn't need welfare, now would they?

Greg

Not quite that simple but I suspect you know that. If immigrants had a guaranteed job before they got here then they wouldn't need welfare, would they?

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Czarcasm wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:49pm:
Not quite that simple but I suspect you know that. If immigrants had a guaranteed job before they got here then they wouldn't need welfare, would they?

But then, why would land owners (farmers) need welfare? 

Greg

"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #18 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
But then, why would land owners (farmers) need welfare? 

Greg

Good points Greg

We also know that Farmers abuse the system and pubs are also responsible for enabling it Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:28am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Speaker

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:13am
Print Post  

Why can't Stu defend his own threads? Huh

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

un·known quan·ti·ty
noun
a person or thing whose nature, value, or significance cannot be determined or is not yet known.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump’s Welfare Ban for Immigrants Would Be $57.4B Tax Cut for Americans

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules