Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Racist Laura Ingraham: My Immigration Rant Had ‘Nothing to Do With Race’
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Racist Laura Ingraham: My Immigration Rant Had ‘Nothing to Do With Race’ (Read 802 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: Racist Laura Ingraham: My Immigration Rant Had ‘Nothing to Do With Race’
Reply #20 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:11am
Print Post  
"Demographics" is a code word for "brown skinned people" going back many years.  What else is Ingraham talking about?

Snooty aristocrats like Ingraham have denounced immigrants going back to the country's founding.  They didn't like all those awful Germans, Irish, Italians, Poles, etc, but somehow they all count as Americans now.  Somehow we survived those waves, even though there were Ingrahams back then, predicting doom.

Her comments were tailored precisely to fit her 65+ white retiree viewer "demographic", who as a group tend to be uncomfortable only with the brown-skinned immigrants.  Those Norwegians that Trump admires -- they're okay.  They can come in.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:11am:
"Demographics" is a code word for "brown skinned people" going back many years.  What else is Ingraham talking about?

Snooty aristocrats like Ingraham have denounced immigrants going back to the country's founding.  They didn't like all those awful Germans, Irish, Italians, Poles, etc, but somehow they all count as Americans now.  Somehow we survived those waves, even though there were Ingrahams back then, predicting doom.

Her comments were tailored precisely to fit her 65+ white retiree viewer "demographic", who as a group tend to be uncomfortable only with the brown-skinned immigrants.  Those Norwegians that Trump admires -- they're okay.  They can come in.

Sounds like a dog whistle to me.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

PaleoCon
LNF Senior Staffer4
LNF Bunker

Ne sutor ultra crepidam.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Reply #22 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:03am:
Explain to me her truth

What she said is not about skin color or ethnicity; she was speaking of the lack of respect for our laws and principles among the flood of immigrants coming into this country. Have you not noticed how corrupt and violent the society is south of our borders? It is chaos, not because of skin color, but because of their culture. Anyone that comes here needs to embrace the American ideal fully or stay out.

But what did Ingraham say that was so awful — or factually flawed?

Fact is immigration has been a recognized political challenge for years. The left has been busily engaged in busting open borders in order to bolster their minority voting base; in order to upset the system of law and order of the U.S. republic; in order to tear down and toss out what Founding Fathers built; in order to usher in an era where government controls take over the idea of God-given rights and America becomes just another country for the globalists to exploit and rule.

One key, one very crucial key, to turn back this progressive tide is a gated, walled, secured border — one that lets in those who understand why America’s great and those who only want to help make it greater, one that selects new citizens based largely on merit and with a “what can you do for us”-type attitude and test.

What’s awful is a committed left bent on dramatically reshaping America by welcoming in those from countries who know little of the Constitution, care little for law and order, consider not at all the concept of God-given versus government-granted — and who want, nay demand, taxpayer support and giveaways simply because they’re alive, so they’re entitled. It’s become a “national emergency,” as Ingraham put it.

That’s not about skin color. That’s about principle.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/10/lying-laura-ingraham/

Is there anything else that you would like me to explain to you?

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. P.J. ORourke

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:28am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:18am:
Have you not noticed how corrupt and violent the society is south of our borders? It is chaos, not because of skin color, but because of their culture. Anyone that comes here needs to embrace the American ideal fully or stay out.

Alex Nowrasteh, with the libertarian Cato Institute, analyzed the Texas data to make a comparison of immigrants in the country illegally and native-born residents. In a recent post he noted that in 2015 Texas police made 815,689 arrests of native-born Americans, 37,776 arrests of immigrants in the country illegally and 20,323 arrests of legal immigrants. Given the relative populations for each group, he wrote, “The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.”

In addition, he wrote, the homicide arrest rate for native-born Americans was “about 46 percent higher than the illegal immigrant homicide arrest rate.”

Other research from the Cato Institute attempted to provide national estimates. A study published on June 4 used data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey for 2016 and applied statistical modeling to estimate the number of incarcerated immigrants in the country illegally. It filtered the data using characteristics correlated with being an immigrant in the country illegally, such as whether someone is a noncitizen but has not served in the military or received Social Security income. The research concluded: “Illegal immigrants are 47 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives.” (And legal immigrants are even less likely to be in jail or prison.)

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/is-illegal-immigration-linked-to-more-or-less-...

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:31am
Print Post  
PaleoCon wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:18am:
What she said is not about skin color or ethnicity; she was speaking of the lack of respect for our laws and principles among the flood of immigrants coming into this country. Have you not noticed how corrupt and violent the society is south of our borders? It is chaos, not because of skin color, but because of their culture. Anyone that comes here needs to embrace the American ideal fully or stay out.

But what did Ingraham say that was so awful — or factually flawed?

Fact is immigration has been a recognized political challenge for years. The left has been busily engaged in busting open borders in order to bolster their minority voting base; in order to upset the system of law and order of the U.S. republic; in order to tear down and toss out what Founding Fathers built; in order to usher in an era where government controls take over the idea of God-given rights and America becomes just another country for the globalists to exploit and rule.

One key, one very crucial key, to turn back this progressive tide is a gated, walled, secured border — one that lets in those who understand why America’s great and those who only want to help make it greater, one that selects new citizens based largely on merit and with a “what can you do for us”-type attitude and test.

What’s awful is a committed left bent on dramatically reshaping America by welcoming in those from countries who know little of the Constitution, care little for law and order, consider not at all the concept of God-given versus government-granted — and who want, nay demand, taxpayer support and giveaways simply because they’re alive, so they’re entitled. It’s become a “national emergency,” as Ingraham put it.

That’s not about skin color. That’s about principle.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/10/lying-laura-ingraham/

Is there anything else that you would like me to explain to you?

So when did this become a thing?  Do you think that only recently immigrants have come to America with their own set of rules?  As I recall, Italians and Sicilians brought the mob here.  the patty wagon was named after the Irish.  1st generation immigrants don't assimilate.  Never have.  It usually happens in the next generation.  The majority of crime, corruption and violent in this country is from our own citizens, not immigrants.  These people are fleeing  corruption and violent to make a better life for themselves as did your ancestors.

Jasmine wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #25 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:31am:
So when did this become a thing?  Do you think that only recently immigrants have come to America with their own set of rules?  As I recall, Italians and Sicilians brought the mob here.  the patty wagon was named after the Irish.  1st generation immigrants don't assimilate.  Never have.  It usually happens in the next generation.  The majority of crime, corruption and violent in this country is from our own citizens, not immigrants.  These people are fleeing  corruption and violent to make a better life for themselves as did your ancestors. 

This squares with my experience.

I am first generation -- parents came from Europe.  My siblings and I all assimilated rapidly, becoming indistinguishable from "Americans" the instant we hit kindergarten.

My kids go to schools that are half latino, a quarter mixed other nationalities, and a quarter "normal Americans".  The parents of all these immigrants are isolated and reclusive -- we don't share a language, they don't volunteer for school events, etc.  But the KIDS are 100% on-board with American life and culture.  They are fluent with english, they play normally and mix with the crowd, and they will grow up as Americans, not as Salvadorans, Ethiopians, or whatever.

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #26 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:38am:

I am first generation -- parents came from Europe.  My siblings and I all assimilated rapidly, becoming indistinguishable from "Americans" the instant we hit kindergarten.

My kids go to schools that are half latino, a quarter mixed other nationalities, and a quarter "normal Americans".  The parents of all these immigrants are isolated and reclusive -- we don't share a language, they don't volunteer for school events, etc.  But the KIDS are 100% on-board with American life and culture.  They are fluent with english, they play normally and mix with the crowd, and they will grow up as Americans, not as Salvadorans, Ethiopians, or whatever.

Hopefully, unlike you, they grow up politically as well.

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:43am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:38am:

So true.

Yes, I heard about this. Just goes to show McLame’s true loyalties. Hopefully, I will go to his funeral very, very soon.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:40am:
Hopefully, unlike you, they grow up politically as well.

So is your fear of immigrants, their political party afiliation?

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:06am:

That is her explaining her racist rant from the night before, dingbat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Racist Laura Ingraham: My Immigration Rant Had ‘Nothing to Do With Race’

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules