Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › We just bombed a school bus - way to go Jared, Obama and friends
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) We just bombed a school bus - way to go Jared, Obama and friends (Read 886 times)
Nox
Hardhat

Grumpy Old Man

Re: We just bombed a school bus - way to go Jared, Obama and friends
Reply #40 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Upon reading the reference in OP, I could only think of how common it is for the moslem scum terrorists to hide behind women and children.  Yep, the pictures show wounded children.  I would like to see the rest of the photos … you know, the ones with the dead terrorists and their weapons.  The ones with the craters from where the trucks carrying munitions and arms exploded.

Yeah, I feel for the kids … but even they will not blame the scum that brought the attack on them. 

Just for my information … do they have school in August in Yemen?  Just wondering ...

IT'S POLITICS NOT PERSONAL

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #41 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:14am:
Carter did lose what credibility he had left, yes.

My point, like those helicopters, seems to have gone over your head.  Carter lost a few helicopters in Iran.  Bush lost a few thousand soldiers, vehicles, and trillions of dollars in Iraq.  With the primary purpose of securing fossils.  There's really no comparison.

2017 dream team (junior member)
and now as friendly as Jasmine!

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

¡RESIST!

Reply #42 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:33am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:17am:
My point, like those helicopters, seems to have gone over your head.  Carter lost a few helicopters in Iran.  Bush lost a few thousand soldiers, vehicles, and trillions of dollars in Iraq.  With the primary purpose of securing fossils.  There's really no comparison.

Perhaps trying reason with Harry is a fruitless endeavor...

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #43 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:14am:
And the bin laden family has long been intimately associated with the saudi royals.

The bin Laden family didn't bomb the World Trade Towers. If you murdered someone, should your mother be rounded up?

I Survived the Obama Debacle

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #44 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  

Yemen is a mess: a long civil war, AQAP, ISIS, a proxy war between Saudia Arabia and Iran, sectarian divisions and violence, and more. Boiling it down to Saudis vs Iran ignores a lot of what drove the conflict in the first place and continues to drive it.

Here's some good background on this conflict:

Yemen crisis: Who is fighting whom?

Key facts about the war in Yemen

Yemen War: Everything You Need to Know as Worst Battle Yet Rages

Saudi Arabia, Iran and the 'Great Game' in Yemen

Yemen: The Forgotten War

Saudi Arabia's War in Yemen Has Been a Disaster

Iran’s Small Hand in Yemen

Yemen’s war is so out of control, allies are turning on one another

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #45 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:44pm:
Yemen is a mess: a long civil war, AQAP, ISIS, a proxy war between Saudia Arabia and Iran, sectarian divisions and violence, and more. Boiling it down to Saudis vs Iran ignores a lot of what drove the conflict in the first place and continues to drive it.

Here's some good background on this conflict:

Yemen crisis: Who is fighting whom?

Key facts about the war in Yemen

Saudi Arabia, Iran and the 'Great Game' in Yemen

Yemen: The Forgotten War

Saudi Arabia's War in Yemen Has Been a Disaster

Iran’s Small Hand in Yemen

Yemen’s war is so out of control, allies are turning on one another

Boiling it down to the Saudis versus Iran is taking contemporary history into account. What happened in the past, while it may be a factor in opening the door for Iran into Yemen, doesn't change the present fact that Iran now uses its position in Yeman to gain advantage over the Saudis.

It's a war. It's a war that Iran is primarily responsible for.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #46 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  

Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:49pm:
What happened in the past, while it may be a factor in opening the door for Iran into Yemen, doesn't change the present fact that Iran now uses its position in Yemen to gain advantage over the Saudis.

Sure, they're taking advantage of the situation. They can bleed Saudi Arabia cheaply and effectively - to the tune of $100 billion so far.

But resolving the conflict goes beyond Iran and Saudi Arabia. You have to deal with what started it in the first place. You also have to deal with AQAP and ISIS who try to keep the conflict going (which is to their benefit). If you want the proxy war to end, you have to stabilize the country and resolve the issues which set off the conflict. Not exactly an easy task, but what the Saudis are doing hasn't exactly worked for the last 3 years.

Quote:
It's a war that Iran is primarily responsible for.

That's not accurate. The war in Yemen started for other reasons; it was civil war started by a deposed dictator and a large, disaffected minority group. The Iranians weren't responsible for it; they're just taking advantage of the situation by supplying some money and arms (and even that isn't a lot - see sources above).

IP Logged

Harrys Sockpuppet4335
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

All knowing asshole

Reply #47 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:59pm:
Sure, they're taking advantage of the situation. They can bleed Saudi Arabia cheaply and effectively - to the tune of $100 billion so far.

But resolving the conflict goes beyond Iran and Saudi Arabia. You have to deal with what started it in the first place. You also have to deal with AQAP and ISIS who try to keep the conflict going (which is to their benefit). If you want the proxy war to end, you have to stabilize the country and resolve the issues which set off the conflict. Not exactly an easy task, but what the Saudis are doing hasn't exactly worked for the last 3 years.

That's not accurate. The war in Yemen started for other reasons; it was civil war started by a deposed dictator and a large, disaffected minority group. The Iranians weren't responsible for it; they're just taking advantage of the situation by supplying some money and arms (and even that isn't a lot - see sources above).

I'm speaking of the war between Iran and the Saudis, and not the wider situation. The topic is a narrow one, and deals with a particular incident.

While what you say about Yemen's overall condition is true, I fail to see how that affects the particular incident we're discussing. I'm unsure how broadening the subject beyond the matter under discussion is advantageous to the discussion.

I'm gonna go ahead and partially fall for it, though, by saying that even before ISIS and the other group you mentioned, Yemen wasn't exactly a model world citizen. As a Soviet client they stirred up quite a bit of mischief on their own.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #48 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  

Harrys Sockpuppet4335 wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:08pm:
I'm speaking of the war between Iran and the Saudis, and not the wider situation. The topic is a narrow one, and deals with a particular incident.

Which is?

There is no direct conflict between Iran and Saudi Arabia in Yemen. There are no Iranian troops or militias in Yemen, like there are in Syria. Just some money flowing in and maybe arms (depending if they're able to slip through the blockade). There's just a proxy war going on; mainly because Saudi Arabia decided to involve itself in the Yemeni Civil War, leading Iran to send some support to the other side.

Quote:
While what you say about Yemen's overall condition is true, I fail to see how that affects the particular incident we're discussing. I'm unsure how broadening the subject beyond the matter under discussion is advantageous to the discussion.

If you're referring to the incident in the OP, that is directly related to the "broader subject."

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and partially fall for it, though,..

Fall for what?

Quote:
...by saying that even before ISIS and the other group you mentioned...

AQAP - Al Qaeda Arabian Peninsula.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:03pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #49 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 8:59am:
https://amp.businessinsider.com/chris-murphy-yemen-war-school-bus-bombing-2018-8

"Many of the victims are believed to be under the age of 10 and were on their way to summer camps, according to the reports."

"The Saudi-led coalition called it a "legitimate military operation."

Our continued support of these royal Saudi scumbags is a violation of US and international law and is damn close to being complicit in war crimes.

Everyday it becomes more apparent that President Carter's proposal for alternative energy sources was a much better path than Reagan's renewed support for ME oil as the only way forward.

Republicans seem to always put profit above national security.

I would have nothing to do with that and several other countries.

That means nothing to me compared to what is going on in our country, like Chicago. How many kids and people killed there, and by who?
Chicago, gun law capitol. How is it working?

Smiley

Freedom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › We just bombed a school bus - way to go Jared, Obama and friends

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules