Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Today, In Catholic Theology
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Today, In Catholic Theology (Read 1,234 times)
Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Re: Today, In Catholic Theology
Reply #30 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
That is the key right there, rooted in scripture.

Right, and like I said, St. Paul explicitly said that you don't need to know Scripture to have morals.  He said that those without the law (the Torah, the first five books of the Bible, i.e., scripture) are just as capable of coming to understand what the law requires as those who have it.  I appreciate the confirmation.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
Paul's not talking about salvation.  He's talking about the basis on which one will be judged at the end times.  Re-read the passage.

Reread what passage?

Also, being judged at the end of times is a salvation issue.

Running Deer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
Scientific theories say nothing about morals.

Now according to Newton. Without Christianity morality science neither exists nor can it survive.

Quote:
"And if natural Philosophy in all its Parts, by pursuing this Method, shall at length be perfected, the Bounds of Moral Philosophy will also be enlarged. For so far as we can know by natural Philosophy what is the first Cause, what Power he has over us, and what Benefits we receive from him, so far our Duty towards him, as well as that towards one another, will appear to us by the Light of Nature. And no doubt, if the Worship of false Gods had not blinded the Heathen, their moral Philosophy would have gone farther than to the four Cardinal Virtues; and instead of teaching the Transmigration of Souls, and to worship the Sun and Moon, and dead Heroes, they would have taught us to worship our true Author and Benefactor, as their Ancestors did under the Government of Noah and his Sons before they corrupted themselves." ~ Isaac Newton, "Opticks" (closing statement).

Modern science was never a war against God or Christianity.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Aug 21st, 2018 at 9:58am:
I'm pretty sure that you and Fezz have trouble with logical argument - what Fezz says here, and your supportive comment, don't even begin to make sense in the context of Catholic child abusers.

What makes sense is that people like Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò are standing up to the liberals of the Vatican who have been covering up these scandals as to promote a more progressive agenda. All these baby lovers of the RCC are liberals! Its the conservative priests trying to clean up the corruption, even now calling for Pope Francis to resign!

Its the liberals priests who believe in evolution and its the liberal priests banging all the babies butts. Now they want a more LGBT friendly Vatican. No surprise. Homosexuality thrives on perversion and the victims always seem to be children. These same liberal Catholic priests are also the ones translating the flat earth Bibles like the NAB (NABRE) Bible and the NRSV. These liberal priests are trying to destroy the church from the inside for the sake of advancing the gay agenda. But you probably think that's cool, eh? After all, they're liberals. You gotta take one for the team, right? As a liberal you are speaking about against liberalism. But I'm glad to see you can expose the hypocrisy of liberals who pose as priests Wink

Tongue

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #33 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm:
Right, and like I said, St. Paul explicitly said that you don't need to know Scripture to have morals.  He said that those without the law (the Torah, the first five books of the Bible, i.e., scripture) are just as capable of coming to understand what the law requires as those who have it.  I appreciate the confirmation.

Because He wrote it on every man's heart.  You and everyone else experience guilt which confirms God's law.  As a Christian I desire to please God and so I study his word to show myself approved unto Him.  Every man will be judge on that final day and no one will be without excuse.  Based on the behavior of the Priest, he is not a follower of Jesus Christ but or a man made religion.  Without the Holy Spirit he is a follower of the world and it's ways.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2018 at 10:01pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 7:47pm:
What makes sense is that people like Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò are standing up to the liberals of the Vatican who have been covering up these scandals as to promote a more progressive agenda. All these baby lovers of the RCC are liberals! Its the conservative priests trying to clean up the corruption, even now calling for Pope Francis to resign!

Its the liberals priests who believe in evolution and its the liberal priests banging all the babies butts. Now they want a more LGBT friendly Vatican. No surprise. Homosexuality thrives on perversion and the victims always seem to be children. These same liberal Catholic priests are also the ones translating the flat earth Bibles like the NAB (NABRE) Bible and the NRSV. These liberal priests are trying to destroy the church from the inside for the sake of advancing the gay agenda. But you probably think that's cool, eh? After all, they're liberals. You gotta take one for the team, right? As a liberal you are speaking about against liberalism. But I'm glad to see you can expose the hypocrisy of liberals who pose as priests Wink

Tongue

You’re deranged.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 26th, 2018 at 10:51pm:
Big problem with that statement:

A. You are not saved by works.

B. Evolution theory dogmatically teaches moral relativism.

How, pray, does evolution teach moral relativism you loony?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #36 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
How, pray, does evolution teach moral relativism you loony?
If there is no God where then does your morality come from?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #37 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 9:09pm:
Because He wrote it on every man's heart.

So it's not "rooted in Scripture", like you said.  It's something inherent to people just by virtue of being people and having a conscience.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 5:19pm:
So it's not "rooted in Scripture", like you said.  It's something inherent to people just by virtue of being people and having a conscience.
According to scripture and taught by Christ we are to dwell in God's word.  Now understand something RD, this is not about unbelievers.  The law, though, is written on every man's heart and all of us, saved and unsaved will have to give an account to God on the day of Judgement.  For people seeking a relationship with God, then we are commanded to search and study scripture.  Even Jesus taught this.  The point about the Priest is simple, he is not a Christian and the behavior of the Catholic church of forbidding Priest from marriage is unscriptural, thus the problem in their church.

What you brought up with Paul is about accountability on the day of judgement and that despite some never having read scripture, God's law is still written on their hearts and they will be judged accordingly.  He was clarifying the law and how no man is without sin in the eyes of God.  Seems like we are now going in circles.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #39 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And if natural Philosophy in all its Parts, by pursuing this Method, shall at length be perfected, the Bounds of Moral Philosophy will also be enlarged.

Newton gets a couple of things wrong.  The first one is that natural philosophy can never be perfected.  We will always acquire more evidence and need to refine our scientific theories accordingly.  Science is a process of model-building, not an accumulation of a set number of facts about nature.

The second problem, as pointed out by David Hume, is the Is-Ought Problem.  Describing how something works is not the same thing as describing how it ought to work.  Atomic theory can tell us how to build nuclear weapons but not if we should.  Explanation is not the same thing as justification or condemnation.

These two fundamental mistakes destroy Newton's argument.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Today, In Catholic Theology

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules