Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Today, In Catholic Theology
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Today, In Catholic Theology (Read 585 times)
FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Re: Today, In Catholic Theology
Reply #40 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
How, pray, does evolution teach moral relativism you loony?

Wow. You seem to be in a constant state of denial just like Fiddler is. So you believe that there is a binding moral law in evolution theory? Will you say that evolution theory doesn't teach morality in reply? Which is it gonna be?

Look, atheist professors have been teaching that morality is relative ever since I can remember. I can't recall a time in my life that atheists taught a binding morality. Who would be this mighty atheist to teach morality anyway?

So how does evolution theory teach morality? I can't wait to hear this one  Grin

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #41 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 6:04pm:
Newton gets a couple of things wrong.  The first one is that natural philosophy can never be perfected.  We will always acquire more evidence and need to refine our scientific theories accordingly.  Science is a process of model-building, not an accumulation of a set number of facts about nature.

The second problem, as pointed out by David Hume, is the Is-Ought Problem.  Describing how something works is not the same thing as describing how it ought to work.  Atomic theory can tell us how to build nuclear weapons but not if we should.  Explanation is not the same thing as justification or condemnation.

These two fundamental mistakes destroy Newton's argument.

OMG!  Grin  Roll Eyes

Newton is the founding father of modern physics! He's the one who got he ball rolling for people like Einstein. His ball did roll and Einstein did roll it again. But somewhere along the line somebody stopped the ball from rolling. I think all this radical Marxist politics--the science of tyranny--is what has hijacked science and did exactly what Newton would have strongly opposed.

Newton did fine in his time and those who came after him were doing just fine having Newton as a mentor. But the science of tyranny now claims Newton was refuted but can't say how? If you remove moral philosophy from science then please tell me who the scientist is accountable to? The government maybe? Who is the government accountable to? No one? Then who is the government that we should trust them as a deity? Marxists? Why should we trust them when they killed off 160-million people in the 20th century alone and still slaughtering people today? Seems like Marxism and Isis had a common denominator they shared in common but only Isis really made the news for their atrocities.
So we are to follow Marxism over Christian morality which is what you are saying. Yet, where were all these Marxist sociopaths when Newton established modern physics? They weren't there! No atheist was there because no atheist has the morality to make modern science happen and that is what Newton is saying here. Science absolutely requires a strong moral philosophy to make it work. Atheists believe morality is relative which is why modern science is rapidly declining and being replaced by the science of tyranny -- mysticism!

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #42 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
Wow. You seem to be in a constant state of denial just like Fiddler is. So you believe that there is a binding moral law in evolution theory? Will you say that evolution theory doesn't teach morality in reply? Which is it gonna be?

Look, atheist professors have been teaching that morality is relative ever since I can remember. I can't recall a time in my life that atheists taught a binding morality. Who would be this mighty atheist to teach morality anyway?

So how does evolution theory teach morality? I can't wait to hear this one  Grin

No. You started it; explain how evolution theory promotes moral relativism, you lunatic.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #43 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Aug 28th, 2018 at 8:56pm:
Newton is the founding father of modern physics!

He was also an astrologer and an alchemist.  We owe him a ton, but he was imperfect like us all.

Quote:
I think all this radical Marxist politics--the science of tyranny--is what has hijacked science and did exactly what Newton would have strongly opposed.

David Hume died 50 years before Karl Marx was born, but yeah sure, Marxism.  Derp.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Aug 29th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
He was also an astrologer and an alchemist.  We owe him a ton, but he was imperfect like us all.

Wow. You know nothing about the founder of modern physics. Newton shows no sign of interest in astrology. I have all his books and none of them are astrological. Newton was into astronomy...not astrology. Big difference.

Alchemy is not all occultic thought like modern liberals practice. Newton worked and retired in a Mint and part of his job description was to watch for counterfeiters. The alchemy Newton was studying had to do with knowing whether or not there was truth to the concept that gold can be counterfeited. Though his research was illegal, he was a highly determined physicist.

So all these rumors being spread about the founding father of modern physics being an occultist is a lie to discredit him for being a Christian. Obviously atheists can't handle the truth that atheism played no small part in the establishment of modern physics.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Today, In Catholic Theology

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules