Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will NASA Find Life On Mars?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will NASA Find Life On Mars? (Read 752 times)
EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: Will NASA Find Life On Mars?
Reply #10 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:51am:
Curious to see how many people here believe there is life on Mars? Will NASA created life on Mars? If so, how will NASA achieve this? After all, trillions of tax payer dollars will be needed for the Mars Project. Do you think its worth the money? How much faith do you have in evolution that would make your trust the overly expensive Mars Project?

Dunno about life on Mars.  If there is any, it's microscopic bugs at this point, I would imagine.  I didn't know NASA was trying to create life on Mars, either.  I thought the long term goal was to transplant life there.  I do not think it is worth what it will cost to do so.  I don't see where evolution has anything to do with the question.

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 3:46pm:
Dunno about life on Mars.  If there is any, it's microscopic bugs at this point, I would imagine.  I didn't know NASA was trying to create life on Mars, either.  I thought the long term goal was to transplant life there.  I do not think it is worth what it will cost to do so.  I don't see where evolution has anything to do with the question.

NASA has abandoned the terraforming of Mars idea and have given the piss poor excuse that its because they do not have the technology to it, suggesting that if they had the technology it could be done. They failed to tell the public its because of their lack of scientific knowledge.
Anyway, here is an older article from 2000 when NASA was talking about terraforming Mars
https://www.nasa.gov/centers/ames/news/releases/2000/00_68AR.html

They had to abandon the idea because they did not know anything about basic science and were too indoctrinated in evolution theory to see all the obvious flaws in their thinking.

Here is a documentary about terraforming Mars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4&t=444s

How can anyone believe in evolution theory when evolutionists don't even know basic science?

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 3:07pm:
Ok so your mention of evolution in the OP was gratuitous and irrelevant. Got it.

As to terraforming- cool idea. If we’re going to go to other, extra-solar system, planets then terraforming is likely a necessity to some extent.

We’ve terraformed Earth to a large extent, mostly before people could even make metal tools. Can’t see a (very) long term terraforming operation as ‘fantasy’.

I'm not talking about earth at all. I'm talking about the impossibility to bring Mars back to life. It can't happen no matter what kind of money NASA would have to work with. If you don't believe me then lets just say NASA has a 100-trillion dollar budget to work with. That's plenty of money. Now what do you think NASA can do?

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
NASA has abandoned the terraforming of Mars idea and have given the piss poor excuse that its because they do not have the technology to it, suggesting that if they had the technology it could be done. They failed to tell the public its because of their lack of scientific knowledge.
Anyway, here is an older article from 2000 when NASA was talking about terraforming Mars

They had to abandon the idea because they did not know anything about basic science and were too indoctrinated in evolution theory to see all the obvious flaws in their thinking.

Here is a documentary about terraforming Mars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50N5QoQoc4&t=444s

How can anyone believe in evolution theory when evolutionists don't even know basic science?

I think you may have overshot the runway with that statement.  There are plenty of believers in evolution, with or without benefit of Intelligent Design, who know, I bet, a lot more about basic science and advanced science than you or I do.  But that's just my opinion, just like  your statement is just your opinion.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:12pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:05pm:
I think you may have overshot the runway with that statement.  There are plenty of believers in evolution, with or without benefit of Intelligent Design, who know, I bet, a lot more about basic science and advanced science than you or I do.  But that's just my opinion, just like  your statement is just your opinion.

No, that's where you're wrong. My statement is not an opinion but scientific fact. One of the goals of this terraform Mars idea was to study how evolution happened here on earth. Well, the results are in and life cannot grow on Mars. I wonder why they didn't know this? Could it be that evolution theory as a model of science is useless? Yes, that is the reason. For had NASA even had a basic knowledge of planetary science they would not have even wasted so many years thinking about things that every scientist should know cannot happen. They should have not even considered the thought.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
No, that's where you're wrong. My statement is not an opinion but scientific fact. One of the goals of this terraform Mars idea was to study how evolution happened here on earth. Well, the results are in and life cannot grow on Mars. I wonder why they didn't know this? Could it be that evolution theory as a model of science is useless? Yes, that is the reason. For had NASA even had a basic knowledge of planetary science they would not have even wasted so many years thinking about things that every scientist should know cannot happen. They should have not even considered the thought.

Your blanket statement that evolutionists don't understand basic science is an opinion, and a particularly ill considered one at that.  And here are the goals of the Mars mission:

https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/mission/science/goals/

Still, IMO, not worth what it costs.  But to characterize "figuring out how evolution happened on earth" as a main goal does not "compute."

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 6:35pm:
Your blanket statement that evolutionists don't understand basic science is an opinion, and a particularly ill considered one at that.  And here are the goals of the Mars mission:

https://mars.nasa.gov/msl/mission/science/goals/

Still, IMO, not worth what it costs.  But to characterize "figuring out how evolution happened on earth" as a main goal does not "compute."

You have the manned mission to Mars confused with the terraforming of Mars. Here is an old article from back in 2000 about their plans to terraform Mars and what they wanted to achieve.

Quote:
A renowned cadre of researchers from diverse scientific disciplines will present the latest findings in terraforming Mars at a 2-day conference at NASA’s Ames Research Center. The conference, "The Physics and Biology of Making Mars Habitable," will focus on restoring Mars' environment so it can support life, including possibly human life.

Quote:
Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evoution, distribution and destiny of life in the universe. Located in California’s Silicon Valley, Ames is NASA’s Center of Excellence for Astrobiology, and manages the NASA Astrobiology Institute.

This is not about the manned mission to Mars. This involved terraforming Mars into an earth-like planet. But you would think that evolutionists would know that basic science proves this cannot be done.

Their plans were to build an artificial magnetic field and send up these giant solar mirrors which would reflect the sun's heat to Mars and warm up the planet. The aim was to melt the ice caps and cause water to flow. Then, once water is on Mars, then life will just somehow find a way and spontaneously generate  Roll Eyes

First,  even if they could build an artificial magnetic field they would not be able to use solar mirrors for the purpose of melting ice on Mars since the ice on Mars is dry ice which does not melt but vaporizes into a gas. So right there it demonstrates how little evolutionists thought this over.

Secondly, getting life going on Mars, whether by nature or by implanting alien nutrients on Mars will not work. For one, spontaneous generation was proven false by DR.Louis Pasteur, o even if their was water nothing would happen.  But the most important and most obvious flat was not seen by these evolutionists who live in the realm of fantasy all the time. There is no magnetic field and there are no active volcanos. This means the core of Mars is inactive...dead. This, in turn, means that the planet cannot sustain any nutrients in the soil as a planet needs an active core in order for nutrients to survive in the soil. There have been some online rumors about worms being found on Mars. But this cannot be true since there is no active core on the planet.

The earth is a living planet. The core of the earth is akin to our own human heart. Volcanos represent arteries and blood vessels. A planet without an active core is dead and nothing NASA can do will ever change the fate of Mars.  Life is a miracle of God and not an act of mindless evolution.

This is all basic science and not one professional NASA scientist knew it. They assumed they could restore Mars and then the sun would cause spontaneous generation of microbes and mosses which most definitely would not happen on a planet with a dead core. It can't happen no matter what. Though anyone who has had basic science should know a planet needs an active core in order to be a living planet. They they should have noticed that without a magnetic field or a single active volcano that the rusty ferric (iron) oxide look on Mars is what a planet looks like when it is dead. They should have been able to add two and two and see that without an active core nothing can grow there. But the pseudoscience of evolution blinds them from seeing the obvious.

IP Logged

EF
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 4th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
You have the manned mission to Mars confused with the terraforming of Mars. Here is an old article from back in 2000 about their plans to terraform Mars and what they wanted to achieve.

This is not about the manned mission to Mars. This involved terraforming Mars into an earth-like planet. But you would think that evolutionists would know that basic science proves this cannot be done.

Their plans were to build an artificial magnetic field and send up these giant solar mirrors which would reflect the sun's heat to Mars and warm up the planet. The aim was to melt the ice caps and cause water to flow. Then, once water is on Mars, then life will just somehow find a way and spontaneously generate  Roll Eyes

First,  even if they could build an artificial magnetic field they would not be able to use solar mirrors for the purpose of melting ice on Mars since the ice on Mars is dry ice which does not melt but vaporizes into a gas. So right there it demonstrates how little evolutionists thought this over.

Secondly, getting life going on Mars, whether by nature or by implanting alien nutrients on Mars will not work. For one, spontaneous generation was proven false by DR.Louis Pasteur, o even if their was water nothing would happen.  But the most important and most obvious flat was not seen by these evolutionists who live in the realm of fantasy all the time. There is no magnetic field and there are no active volcanos. This means the core of Mars is inactive...dead. This, in turn, means that the planet cannot sustain any nutrients in the soil as a planet needs an active core in order for nutrients to survive in the soil. There have been some online rumors about worms being found on Mars. But this cannot be true since there is no active core on the planet.

The earth is a living planet. The core of the earth is akin to our own human heart. Volcanos represent arteries and blood vessels. A planet without an active core is dead and nothing NASA can do will ever change the fate of Mars.  Life is a miracle of God and not an act of mindless evolution.

This is all basic science and not one professional NASA scientist knew it. They assumed they could restore Mars and then the sun would cause spontaneous generation of microbes and mosses which most definitely would not happen on a planet with a dead core. It can't happen no matter what. Though anyone who has had basic science should know a planet needs an active core in order to be a living planet. They they should have noticed that without a magnetic field or a single active volcano that the rusty ferric (iron) oxide look on Mars is what a planet looks like when it is dead. They should have been able to add two and two and see that without an active core nothing can grow there. But the pseudoscience of evolution blinds them from seeing the obvious.

My bad.  But I don't infer they were trying to "recreate evolution." 

I'll defer to your superior knowledge of the subject.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2018 at 11:00pm by EF »  

non sumus stulti
but
accidit stercore

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Representative

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 11:02am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:51am:
Curious to see how many people here believe there is life on Mars? Will NASA created life on Mars? If so, how will NASA achieve this? After all, trillions of tax payer dollars will be needed for the Mars Project. Do you think its worth the money? How much faith do you have in evolution that would make your trust the overly expensive Mars Project?

You think too small.

All atoms in the universe that are not hydrogen and helium were produced in the explosion of stars. This means that you and I are literally made of star stuff. And as humans, we are unique in that we are conscious of our existence, and curious about the world we live in. So if you think about it, you will realize that we really are the conscious universe trying to understand itself. I can think of no greater calling. The 'godly' miracles that so impress the ignorant are pretty trivial and small in comparison.

So exploring Mars is simply part of the core of what it means to be human. Finding life there is irrelevant.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 11:02am:
You think too small.

All atoms in the universe that are not hydrogen and helium were produced in the explosion of stars. This means that you and I are literally made of star stuff. And as humans, we are unique in that we are conscious of our existence, and curious about the world we live in. So if you think about it, you will realize that we really are the conscious universe trying to understand itself. I can think of no greater calling. The 'godly' miracles that so impress the ignorant are pretty trivial and small in comparison.

So exploring Mars is simply part of the core of what it means to be human. Finding life there is irrelevant.

I don't agree about that last sentence. Finding extraterrestrial life would be a landmarking event and one that would definitely put a different perspective on life. For one thing, we would have proof that life is not so rare an event in the universe as some would like us to believe.

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will NASA Find Life On Mars?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules