Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Rasmussen Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will NASA Find Life On Mars?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will NASA Find Life On Mars? (Read 4,766 times)
Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Re: Will NASA Find Life On Mars?
Reply #20 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:10pm:
I don't agree about that last sentence. Finding extraterrestrial life would be a landmarking event and one that would definitely put a different perspective on life. For one thing, we would have proof that life is not so rare an event in the universe as some would like us to believe.

I agree, it would be remarkable, but would not be a requirement to continue exploring. We are at the very very beginning of this journey to understand the universe. We're barely even babies in terms of growing up as a species. When technologies right here on Earth are created that keep humans alive indefinitely, for instance, do you really think we will consider resurrection to be a miracle? So finding life is important, but satisfying our curiosity right here will have the same effect on those who choose to live in the past.

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #21 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Agree entirely.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #22 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
I agree that we are babies in the knowledge of the universe. No argument from me there. There is much we need to learn about the universe. But that begins with real science which is separate from fiction.

I'm a former heavy metal vocalist. I am a former singer for one reason that guitarists here in America no longer understand much of anything about how to write melodic music. Seems like guitarists like to doodle around more than they focus on writing music. At least this is the case with those who call themselves lead guitarists. What does this have to do with science? Well it requires the right discipline to be a professional musician. The musician cannot be trapped in fantasy and doodle around in the realm of dreamland and forget how to focus on serious song writing, while continuing to learn and improve their ability to write music. This is the same thing in science. It seems like modern scientists like to doodle around in fantasy land more than they focus on what is real. They place theory over everything and exclude all things that don't conform to their theory and exclude all people who don't conform to their theory. This amateur approach to science has set us backwards and we could have already gone to Mars by now had there not been the kind of savage politics there are in science. What happened to objective thinking skills? Are they completely gone? Likewise, whatever happened to scientific method? Has fanciful conjectures replace it? How can we move forward when science is held hostage by people who doodle around and dream a lot but don't get anything serious done?

Figuratively speaking, maybe if scientists were to add a rhythm guitarist to the band they might be able to put their heads together and write some good music again. Literally speaking, perhaps its time to put prejudice aside and focus on what is real over political pipe dreams which accomplish nothing.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:02am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 9:24pm:
I agree that we are babies in the knowledge of the universe. No argument from me there. There is much we need to learn about the universe. But that begins with real science which is separate from fiction.

I'm a former heavy metal vocalist. I am a former singer for one reason that guitarists here in America no longer understand much of anything about how to write melodic music. Seems like guitarists like to doodle around more than they focus on writing music. At least this is the case with those who call themselves lead guitarists. What does this have to do with science? Well it requires the right discipline to be a professional musician. The musician cannot be trapped in fantasy and doodle around in the realm of dreamland and forget how to focus on serious song writing, while continuing to learn and improve their ability to write music. This is the same thing in science. It seems like modern scientists like to doodle around in fantasy land more than they focus on what is real. They place theory over everything and exclude all things that don't conform to their theory and exclude all people who don't conform to their theory. This amateur approach to science has set us backwards and we could have already gone to Mars by now had there not been the kind of savage politics there are in science. What happened to objective thinking skills? Are they completely gone? Likewise, whatever happened to scientific method? Has fanciful conjectures replace it? How can we move forward when science is held hostage by people who doodle around and dream a lot but don't get anything serious done?

Figuratively speaking, maybe if scientists were to add a rhythm guitarist to the band they might be able to put their heads together and write some good music again. Literally speaking, perhaps its time to put prejudice aside and focus on what is real over political pipe dreams which accomplish nothing.

I can assure you, science is alive and well. There is no messing with the scientific method, and if you are being told that scientists are playing in fantasy, you have been misinformed. It is VERY tough to be a scientist these days, and don't forget, part of the scientific method is other scientists actively trying to DISPROVE what other scientists claim is fact. I kind of find it funny when non-scientists attack science, when other scientists have already put it through more rigorous retesting than those attacking it could even conceive of.

But when science gets hijacked by those who do not understand it, particularly politicians and religious leaders, it gets turned into a weapon against itself. And you and I become the losers.

I dabble in acoustic. Rock on!

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 4:15am
Print Post  
If science disagrees with, or undermines, faith, then the faithful attack the science.

If new evidence disagrees with, or undermines, a theory, then scientists welcome it and adjust their theory.

These two truths are what makes the faithful look silly. As evidence mounts, and mounts, and mounts, about the physical facts of the planet we live on, the idea of a young Earth becomes utterly untenable unless we accept either a trickster God or lying/incompetent scientists.

As either of these is plainly foolish the faithful have to close their eyes to reality. It's tragic.

On the positive side, I can play a basic 12-bar blues on my rather nice bass, maybe we can form a band called 'the Bickerers'.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 5:00am
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 4:15am:
If science disagrees with, or undermines, faith, then the faithful attack the science.

If new evidence disagrees with, or undermines, a theory, then scientists welcome it and adjust their theory.

These two truths are what makes the faithful look silly. As evidence mounts, and mounts, and mounts, about the physical facts of the planet we live on, the idea of a young Earth becomes utterly untenable unless we accept either a trickster God or lying/incompetent scientists.

As either of these is plainly foolish the faithful have to close their eyes to reality. It's tragic.

On the positive side, I can play a basic 12-bar blues on my rather nice bass, maybe we can form a band called 'the Bickerers'.

Let's not forget that it's only a minuscule minority among "the faithful" that believe in young Earth.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 6:28am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 5:00am:
Let's not forget that it's only a minuscule minority among "the faithful" that believe in young Earth.

True, but that's who we're speaking with here.

I sort of admire them. So many religious people seem to want it both ways - get the warm, smug feeling of belonging to the group, but allow themselves to discard the inconvenient bits of whichever book they follow.

I frequently see Muslim barmen here in England, especially in London and Leicester, it strikes me as silly and hypocritical.

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #27 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Limey. wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 6:28am:
True, but that's who we're speaking with here.

I sort of admire them. So many religious people seem to want it both ways - get the warm, smug feeling of belonging to the group, but allow themselves to discard the inconvenient bits of whichever book they follow.

I frequently see Muslim barmen here in England, especially in London and Leicester, it strikes me as silly and hypocritical.

Drunken Muslims are not the ones who'll likely blow themselves up in the middle of a crow and I like them for that, hypocritical or not. I like the "faithful" that realize that life is too short to waste it on senseless self-deprivation.

Queshank wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 9:13am:
FC,

I've been thinking about how I can respond conversationally without coming across as a total dick.

Queshank

IP Logged

Limey.
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Drunken Muslims are not the ones who'll likely blow themselves up in the middle of a crow and I like them for that, hypocritical or not. I like the "faithful" that realize that life is too short to waste it on senseless self-deprivation.

Yeah, I mean, if God didn't want us to eat pigs and drink beer, why did He make them so delicious?

I have a new t shirt.

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #29 - Sep 6th, 2018 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Freon_Bale wrote on Sep 6th, 2018 at 12:02am:
I can assure you, science is alive and well. There is no messing with the scientific method, and if you are being told that scientists are playing in fantasy, you have been misinformed. It is VERY tough to be a scientist these days, and don't forget, part of the scientific method is other scientists actively trying to DISPROVE what other scientists claim is fact. I kind of find it funny when non-scientists attack science, when other scientists have already put it through more rigorous retesting than those attacking it could even conceive of.

But when science gets hijacked by those who do not understand it, particularly politicians and religious leaders, it gets turned into a weapon against itself. And you and I become the losers.

I dabble in acoustic. Rock on!

That's kinda funny you claim that religious leaders hijacked science when modern science was actually a Christian endeavor as history proves, and Christians established science. There were no atheists involved in the founding and establishing of modern science. God's creation of the world was well established in science before science was hijacked by the sensational rhetoric of evolutionists which changed science into mere fantasy as the idea of terraforming mars is nothing but pure fantasy with no science behind the thought.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will NASA Find Life On Mars?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog