Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will NASA Find Life On Mars?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Will NASA Find Life On Mars? (Read 730 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Will NASA Find Life On Mars?
Reply #80 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 6:52pm:
Evolution has been observed many times.  These two links provide a few dozen instances where the emergence of new species was observed, both in the lab and in the field.

Observed Instances of Speciation
Some More Observed Speciation Events

There was also an article in the New York Times just this year about the emergence of a new species of crayfish: This Mutant Crayfish Clones Itself, and It's Taking Over Europe.

That is an example of adaptation, not evolution.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

FEZZILLA
LNF Bunker

Reply #81 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 6:52pm:
Evolution has been observed many times.  These two links provide a few dozen instances where the emergence of new species was observed, both in the lab and in the field.

Observed Instances of Speciation
Some More Observed Speciation Events

There was also an article in the New York Times just this year about the emergence of a new species of crayfish: This Mutant Crayfish Clones Itself, and It's Taking Over Europe.

Sorry but micro-evolution is not macro-evolution. Everyone accepts micro-changes in a species. What is debated is macro-evolution. Those links say nothing about macro-evolution and use the micro-evolution come-on as an excuse to push macro-evolution which has never been observed.

"Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (2 Cor. 3:17).

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #82 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 6:25pm:
He died on you're behalf so you would not have to.  That is the unconditional love.  We did not earn his grace and mercy.  If you reject the payment then you are stating you will bear it yourself.

Unconditional love, as seen by the church:

I love you but you're going to burn in hell for eternity...

With unconditional love like that, who needs unconditional hatred? Nobody!

When Q hears gallop noises he doesn't think zebras; he thinks there's a Democrat behind a curtain, making gallop noises.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #83 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 1:10pm:
Unconditional love, as seen by the church:

I love you but you're going to burn in hell for eternity...

With unconditional love like that, who needs unconditional hatred? Nobody!

Unconditional love in that while we were sinners He (God in the flesh) died for our sins.  He had every right to reject us due to our rebellion but out of love came in the flesh to be spat on, tortured, mocked and killed so we can be set free of the curse of sin.  Only if we accept his payment on our behalf.  I am sure if someone offered you 200.00 pair of Nike you would take it no questions asked.  He is offering you eternal life in his presence if you are willing to ask forgiveness and live for him.  Look, no one is asking you to give up your temporary pleasure in exchange for eternal life as God originally intended before the curse.  He is not going to drag you into heaven.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #84 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:06pm:
That is an example of adaptation, not evolution.

1. Evolution is adaptation.
2. You didn't read the links.  Don't try to deceive me.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #85 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm:
1. Evolution is adaptation.
2. You didn't read the links.  Don't try to deceive me.

It's adapting.  When I talk of evolution I am referring to one kind of species to a different kind of species.  What you present is not evolution as I understand it.

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #86 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:21pm:
Sorry but micro-evolution is not macro-evolution.

There is no micro/macro distinction.  Small changes are evolution.  So are large ones.

Remember that "species" is not something built into nature, but a label that humans try, imperfectly, to apply to nature.  To illustrate, try to apply the word "family" to your ancestry.  Are you parents part of your family?  Sure.  Your grandparents?  No question.  Your great-great-great grandparents?  In some sense, but they died before you were born, and you probably know very little about them.  (I have 32 great-great-great grandparents, but I only know the names of 5 or 6 of them.)  What about the thousands of your ancestors that lived in 500 A.D.?  Not really your family in any ordinary sense of the word.

"Species" works much like the word "family".  It's easy to apply to direct relations, more difficult to apply through time, and doesn't apply at all over time.

It's also worth noting: these links document the emergence of new species, as considered by scientists, not merely the emergence of something like blond hair or lactose tolerance.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Will NASA Find Life On Mars?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules