Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Isaiah 53 The Forbiden Chapter.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Isaiah 53 The Forbiden Chapter. (Read 289 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Isaiah 53 The Forbiden Chapter.
Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:23pm
Print Post  

Isaiah 53:9 (BBE) And they put his body into the earth with sinners, and his last resting-place was with the evil-doers, though he had done no wrong, and no deceit was in his mouth.
Common English Bible

Isaiah 53:9 (CEB) His grave was among the wicked, his tomb with evildoers, though he had done no violence, and had spoken nothing false.
Common English Bible w/ Apocrypha

Isaiah 53:9 (CEBA) His grave was among the wicked, his tomb with evildoers, though he had done no violence, and had spoken nothing false.
The Complete Jewish Bible

Isaiah 53:9 (CJB) He was given a grave among the wicked; in his death he was with a rich man. Although he had done no violence and had said nothing deceptive,
Holman Christian Standard Bible

Isaiah 53:9 (CSB) They made His grave with the wicked, and with a rich man at His death, although He had done no violence and had not spoken deceitfully.
The Darby Translation

Isaiah 53:9 (DBY) And [men] appointed his grave with the wicked, but he was with the rich in his death, because he had done no violence, neither was there guile in his mouth.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
So here's a question for you: how do you square your interpretation of Isaiah 53 with Isaiah's repeated statements that the servant was the nation of Israel?

That was addressed in my initial posting.

This was written by Messianic Jews.
https://www.oneforisrael.org/bible-based-teaching-from-israel/inescapable-truth-...

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #12 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 10:32am
Print Post  
FEZZILLA wrote on Sep 8th, 2018 at 12:15pm:
There are many prophecies about the Messiah in Isaiah alone.

You cannot prophesize an event within your control and then fulfill the event... There are no prophecies in the bible..

TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:02am:
Welcome back and shame on whoever banned you considering how much of a blind eye gets turned on our rightwing trolls. It seems the rules don't really apply unless you're left of the dial.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 10:32am:
You cannot prophesize an event within your control and then fulfill the event... There are no prophecies in the bible..

WRONG, there are a multitude of prophesies in the Bible.  God foretells events to his prophets and then they happen.  Now if they do not happen then He is obviously not God.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I love American Pi

Reply #14 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 11:36am:
WRONG, there are a multitude of prophesies in the Bible.  God foretells events to his prophets and then they happen.  Now if they do not happen then He is obviously not God.

First 'God" does not make prophesies as there is no god but the so called prophets of the bible are but charlatans ..

So if I made public my prediction that an octopus riding an ostrich would trot through Times Square and then some guy that knew of my prophesy made that happen then I could then say that .. "See.. I'm a great prophet" ..

That's how bible prophecies work.  Jesus being a Rabi KNEW that the Messiah would ride a donkey through the east gate into Jerusalem and he did so.. 

If he had done so WITHOUT knowing of the prophecy you might have something.  As it is it's just another fable ..

TowardLiberty wrote on Sep 19th, 2018 at 10:02am:
Welcome back and shame on whoever banned you considering how much of a blind eye gets turned on our rightwing trolls. It seems the rules don't really apply unless you're left of the dial.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
First 'God" does not make prophesies as there is no god but the so called prophets of the bible are but charlatans ..

So if I made public my prediction that an octopus riding an ostrich would trot through Times Square and then some guy that knew of my prophesy made that happen then I could then say that .. "See.. I'm a great prophet" ..

That's how bible prophecies work.  Jesus being a Rabi KNEW that the Messiah would ride a donkey through the east gate into Jerusalem and he did so.. 

If he had done so WITHOUT knowing of the prophecy you might have something.  As it is it's just another fable ..

Jesus knew because he was God in the flesh.  His purpose was to fulfill prophesy as he informed his prophets.  Why he healed and resurrected the dead.  Why he died and was resurrected after 3 days, it was more then "riding a donkey".   Grin

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #17 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Mark 15:5
But to Pilate's amazement, Jesus made no further reply.

Right, he had already opened his mouth.  Hence the word "further".  Oh well.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #18 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 1:27pm:

Right.  And when the writers of the Gospels wanted to embellish Jesus's credentials - i.e., lie - they knew the Jewish Bible well enough to invent prophecy-fulfilling stories.

To wit, Jesus was from Nazareth in the north of Judea.  Trying to bolster his messianic credentials, they went back to the Jewish Bible and found something that looked like a prophecy that the Messiah would come from Bethlehem.

Unfortunately, the Bethlehem stories told by Sts. Matthew and Luke are completely different and set in different decades.  Worse yet, reading the context of the Bethlehem prophecy in Micah 5, the Messiah was supposed to do something about Assyria, but the Assyrian Empire had already been dead for hundreds of years when Jesus was born.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:59pm:
Right.  And when the writers of the Gospels wanted to embellish Jesus's credentials - i.e., lie - they knew the Jewish Bible well enough to invent prophecy-fulfilling stories.

To wit, Jesus was from Nazareth in the north of Judea.  Trying to bolster his messianic credentials, they went back to the Jewish Bible and found something that looked like a prophecy that the Messiah would come from Bethlehem.

Unfortunately, the Bethlehem stories told by Sts. Matthew and Luke are completely different and set in different decades.  Worse yet, reading the context of the Bethlehem prophecy in Micah 5, the Messiah was supposed to do something about Assyria, but the Assyrian Empire had already been dead for hundreds of years when Jesus was born.

It's very easy to make an remark, if you think it is a lie then by all means present your facts to support your claim.  If you have no facts to support your claim then what is the point of making a baseless accusation?  Let's discuss your claim regarding Matthew and Mark in different decades, what is your claim based on?  I really should not have to ask you these questions, one would provide links and support material if you are confident your claim is based on facts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Isaiah 53 The Forbiden Chapter.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules