Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment! Algorithm free!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump disappoints on Syria
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump disappoints on Syria (Read 1,579 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Trump disappoints on Syria
Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 2:38pm:
Syria is a problem for us and for Israel...letting Iran get that close to Israel is a security risk for them and Syrian refugees are a security risk for all of us.

Correct

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 2:55pm:
There was a way to handle refugees a long time ago when all this started. In fact, that should have been our entire focus instead of arming and training rebel forces (some of which turned out to be our enemies). We're now in a quagmire we can't/won't get out of.

We need to get Iran out and make a safe zone for refugees imo

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 3:15pm
Print Post  

Josie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 3:07pm:
We need to get Iran out and make a safe zone for refugees

And how do you propose we do that?

Especially when its pretty obvious we have no real commitment to such a strategy. We let regime forces retake Deraa back in July. Now they're doing it again in Idlib. And we cut back our commitment on stabilisation funds.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Trumpublican

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 3:15pm:
And how do you propose we do that?

Especially when its pretty obvious we have no real commitment to such a strategy. We let regime forces retake Deraa back in July. Now they're doing it again in Idlib. And we cut back our commitment on stabilisation funds.

I don't how to do it, I just know what needs to be done...logistics is above my pay grade.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  

Josie wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 4:46pm:
I don't how to do it, I just know what needs to be done...logistics is above my pay grade.

Well, do you think we need more troops? Is it something that can be handled through sanctions? Some combination of military and sanctions?

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #15 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
Who said anything about manipulating?

Replace the word with "forcing" and see if it doesn't start working out in the logic puzzle.

It's not specifically Syria.  And it's not this one instance. 

But the only way you could be having problems with this logic train is if you don't believe there are hawks within our state department and national security apparatus that believe we should be invading Syria outright.  And you'd have to have missed the news about a resistance within the executive branch designed to keep America's policies on an Establishment Republican ala John McCain approved even keel by defying the president on a regular basis.

And you'd have to not read biographies and accounts of presidents in past situations similar to this such as Nixon (I recommend PBS's recent VietNam multihour documentary) and Clinton and Bush and Obama who have been forced into taking military actions they don't want to do just to prove they aren't weak in an area they're being politically hammered.  And then to hold on to that position you'd have had to simply not read or watch the news on any given day within the past two years.

Queshank

Oh.  It's even better, these deep state scoundrels are forcing Trump into purposely putting our troops under Russian bombs.

Holy crappity smack batman.  It's like Trump has no responsibility at all for the decisions he makes.

Que, you are a Trumpet.  Accept it and move on.  Cherish it. 

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Majority Leader
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #16 - Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:21pm:
Oh.  It's even better, these deep state scoundrels are forcing Trump into purposely putting our troops under Russian bombs.

Holy crappity smack batman.  It's like Trump has no responsibility at all for the decisions he makes.

Que, you are a Trumpet.  Accept it and move on.  Cherish it. 

Did you notice how you didn't respond to anything in my post?   You're not alone.

How it was almost like your eyes kept slipping away as outrage replaced your ability to actually digest what I was saying?

That's called cognitive dissonance Lomelis.  It's one of the symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  A malady it was obvious you were suffering from long, long ago.

You wanna know one of the tells?

Before the campaign you and I were in complete agreement about the data being harvested by the "unelected officials" within the federal bureaucracy and the options being presented to elected officials and the impact and influence that has on our government's function and the decisions it makes.  We even posted in the same threads in complete agreement.

One of us has changed their position on this due to Trump. 

And it's not me.

Queshank

BowHunter wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 10:24am:
I am not aware of any article

IP Logged

Ulysses
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

LOCK HIM UP!

Reply #17 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 12:54am
Print Post  
No, Que, people don't respond to the content of your posts because you write in a convoluted and self-negating style that brings confused verbiage to a high art.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross, and wearing road kill as a toupée

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #18 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
Did you notice how you didn't respond to anything in my post?   You're not alone.

How it was almost like your eyes kept slipping away as outrage replaced your ability to actually digest what I was saying?

That's called cognitive dissonance Lomelis.  It's one of the symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  A malady it was obvious you were suffering from long, long ago.

You wanna know one of the tells?

Before the campaign you and I were in complete agreement about the data being harvested by the "unelected officials" within the federal bureaucracy and the options being presented to elected officials and the impact and influence that has on our government's function and the decisions it makes.  We even posted in the same threads in complete agreement.

One of us has changed their position on this due to Trump. 

And it's not me.

Queshank

You've got your head so far up Trump's ass you can't think straight.

I directly addressed your point, the idiotic defense that he was -forced- to do anything.  Trump made the decision there is no way around it.  He wasn't forced.  He is responsible.

This idea that Trump is forced to put our troops into harms way in an effort to create conflict with Russia is nothing but blind Trumpet defense.

Pull your head out and get a breath of fresh air.  You're better than this.

Ignorant Blessings from Wads:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:13pm:
Watched it.  A shotgun is for long ranged shooting.  That is why hunters like them.  An AR-15 is not.  That video was misleading.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:21am:
Yes! You are correct! We're siding with people who actually attacked America over a relatively secular government, led by Assad, a guy who shaves his face and wears a suit.

Because it's pipeline politics. Because Saudi Arabia would rather not have Assad in power. Because Russia is friends with Syria.

These are the reasons. And they are not Trump's alone, and they have nothing to do with humanitarianism. And there is no better illustration of the power of the deep state, and the behind-closed-doors cooperation of the two parties.

Grin Grin Grin
You had me until you mentioned "deep state"

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Oct 18th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
The average person is going to starve and die.

Thus has it always been with humanity, before the advent of the Great Society.

In Order For You To Insult Me, I must First Have To Value Your Opinion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump disappoints on Syria

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules